BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Red Crow Mysteries: Legion here!

[Post New]by BronzeLady on Nov 9, 11 3:37 PM
When i saw that the game had achievements and wasnt a CE, i knew it was a definite buy for me. TY TY TY!!! I played the whole demo and was lost a few times .. but i enjoyed the challenge and was playing on the middle level (casual i think). If it were too easy, it would take the fun from the game. I have gotten totally bored with all the games that have so much hand-holding.

The graphics are lovely, the game play is smooth and so far i havent found any HOS scenes with lists of things to find -- i'm tired of those also.

The only thing i find odd and hopefully will get use to is the way the game changes locations when u point to a direction you want to head in with the little figure appearing at the end of our cursor. I would have preferred arrows to point to the directions instead to head left/head right .. etc.

I also respect your company more in that you come to the forums and take input n2 consideration.

What are your other Big Fish games? Do others have achievements as well -- which ones???

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Nov 9, 11 5:04 PM
Thank you Ivan for a great game.

Just when I was getting bored with the "Hidden Object - sort of but not really adventure games" along comes a challenge and an SE to boot.

Enjoying it totally and just wanted to stop by and thank you for offering it on BF.

kardel
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by kardel on Nov 9, 11 7:21 PM
have looked at walkthrough gone to wall next to door of shed no stone moves no popup game can not get blue circle so i can not progress in the game when will a copy be available that has no cliches spent money not happy

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Nov 9, 11 8:50 PM
Bok, Ivan! [by the way, spoiler alerts about my problems with the mini-games for the rest of you]

I was really excited to see a new game from Cateia, but I'm having terrible problems with glitsches. I couldn't get the door flowers to work: I checked and checked and it should have worked because all the colors matched, but I did try your suggestion and another combination opened the door. Then I couldn't make the cabinet safe work: I got five numbers into it, and none of the other buttons would work. I finally checked the walk-through and went back into the game, and it worked. Now I can't dye the lions: I tried and tried and finally checked the walkthrough (to be sure that I wasn't, like, crazy and that I had understood the message by the pedestals correctly), but I have entered and exited the game five times now, and I still can't dye them. I also couldn't talk with Mom--the game froze (which may be my computer), but I finally had to skip her conversation.

Everything else has worked fine. I liked the Bascanska ploca game (I really will have to learn the glagolica letters someday!), and I thought the skull "Simon Says" was an interesting variation, and the tile puzzles are fun. I think that I've gotten all the roses so far, ali kaj da radim sa lavovima?! U pomoc!

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 8:51:42 PM PST

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Nov 9, 11 11:38 PM
Good morning everyone!

It was a nice surprise when I turned on my computer this morning and saw this many positive comments and suggestions!

unfortunately, yes, there seems to be few glitches that we are now aware of and we'll do our best to fix them asap. One of them is "painting the lions" thing.
But, we'll try to fix this so that non of you has to re-play that part, but simply continue like nothing happen. Thank you for understanding!!

@ BronzeLady - if you like this game, you can try our Tales from the Dragon Montain: The Strix or Hotel (they don't have achievements, but the gameplay style is very similar without any HOG scene) - both available on Big Fish.

@ Lucy1997 - glad to hear that you like "Bascanska ploca" we always try to put something of a local heritage and culture into our games.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Nov 10, 11 5:20 AM
hello ivanbrai i have been waiting since yesterday for a fix on the lions problem but still doesnt work which is a shame i was enjoying this game up to this point i have now asked for a refund hopefully it will be fixed one day and i will try again

SoManyCrimes
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by SoManyCrimes on Nov 10, 11 6:56 AM
Hi Ivan. First off let me reiterate what other posters have said: it's great to see developers coming onto the forums in search of feedback! Too many developers seem to ignore the customer base, or rely on the feeble surveys from the beta tests.

I played the demo of your game and I'm afraid I didn't much enjoy it. Gameplay wise, it's the sort of thing I really like. I don't enjoy hidden-object scenes, and tend to see them as a chore to be overcome to get to the rest of the game. I'm quite happy to see them taken out entirely!

But there were too many things which I didn't enjoy for me to want to play beyond the demo:

1. The hint button is very frustrating. It frequently highlights the problem, rather than the answer. For example, I didn't know how to get past the bird, but it was blindingly obvious that the bird was an obstacle, so highlighting it for me again was of no use. It made me nervous to press the hint button in case I wasted it and had to wait for it to recharge.

2. There seems to be no coherent style. There are Greek statues, Chinese imagery, Ancient Croatian writing, magical looking thorns and skulls, very mundane tasks like cleaning/fixing a car. It's like you've thrown everything in together without thinking what the overall effect will be.

3. There is basically NO story for the first half hour (possibly longer). Literally all we've been told is that I have a dead mother, a power to see ghosts, an aunt called Mildred and there's something called Legion which I need to stop. We don't know where or when the game is set, why any of this matters or what the stakes are. I imagine the dialogue is supposed to be mysterious, but it's just infuriatingly vague. I'm happy to be kept in the dark for a little while, but if you're asking me to do pretty dull things like wash a car without telling me why I should care first then I'm afraid I'm likely to think my time is better spent washing my actual car!

You're hardly the first developers to make this mistake (not actually telling the players what the plot is until the end of the game seems to be a favourite past-time around here!) so please try not to take it personally. But the game would be massively improved for me if there was a well written story, instead of hand-waving references to "us", "them", "good" and "evil" which are basically meaningless.

Do you have a dedicated writer on your team? The translation was pretty good, so I don't think that's the problem.

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 8:41:09 AM PST

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Nov 10, 11 7:53 AM
What a great game. I played this yesterday and it crashed big time. When I restarted it wouldn't even open. I uninstalled, reinstalled. Still wouldn't open. After updating Dx with no joy I uninstalled old games mananger and installed new one. Eureka! It played beautifully. Bliss. NO H.O.s. No hand-holding. Just great adventure play using my own little grey cells. I didn't encounter any glitches or problems. I played in Casual mode 1st time. In this mode there are a few items listed to find occasionally. In the inventory bar there is also 'items to find'. clicking in the heading will change from inventory to items. I mention this because it was a while before I realised and wondered why an area was still active and found there were items listed I hadn't found. Duhh! Also after I had reinstalled the game and games manager the game continued from the car, where I had left off (great relief).
Then panic. No inventory items to repair the car. Yep. I was in items to find. Changed to inventory and there they were. I am now 1/3rd of the way through Adventure mode which doesn't have items listed, after completing Casual. You have to find them without help.
The Mother tells you this is a test for troubles to come, which seems to be the precursor to more in this series. I can't wait. Love the achievements. Didn't find all the roses and it was greyed. Big thanks Ivan.

SoManyCrimes
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by SoManyCrimes on Nov 10, 11 8:09 AM
Oh and one more thing... I think an arrow is a better icon for indicating movement than the walking person. I know it will mean more work because you'll have to make specific icons for the different directions, but it's currently very difficult to disambiguate between multiple exits in the same scene. I was stuck for a long while in the garden because I didn't realise that I could zoom in on the pond. I then had the same problem with the front of the car.

I went back to play for a bit more because I thought I should see if there was a bit more story, but now I seem to have got the game into an unwinnable state. According to the walkthrough there should be some purple paint in the attic but it seems to have disappeared

LeftBehind
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by LeftBehind on Nov 10, 11 9:36 AM
Thank all of you who developed the fantastic, errie, Adventure Game, Red Crow: Legion. Actually just the name legion, gave me a weird feeling as I know Scripture very well. I'm trying to turn a blind eye to that reference because I really enjoyed playing the free trial, and I am going to purchase it.

I'm always searching for real Adventure Games, as they are few and far between with the qualities I look for in a game. Your's is one of them, I love that your game is cleverly designed, and continued to hold my attention. It drew me into the story, which I liked that I had to play on in order to learn what had happened previously to the start of the game. Did that make sense?

Also your game never failed to test my endurance, actually over tested it at times ha. But that's what I like, if not where's the challenge in a game. The music and sound effects were nicely done, easy on the ears. I thought the graphics were very good, not hard to see, with plenty of puzzles, where again I had to think ouch...

The voice over of the Mother, is beautiful, I just love good voice-overs, and wish more developers added them. For me it brings a game alive, but I suppose it must cost alot more to produce. Great Job Developers keep 'em coming.

Would you be able to list the names of your other games?
Carol

Hello Ivan, It's been a pleasure getting to write to you, and now I have to say, please disregard my request for your other games ha. I have seen them asked for from everyone and I've written them down. Looking forward to future games, but think you'll have, big storyboards to fill after this game.
Carol

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 9:56:41 AM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 10, 11 12:38 PM
I'm so excited to see a thread for the devs... I just have to say... as soon as I realized the options it was an INSTANT BUY for me. How wonderful to have so many choices for play style. I love adventure games and would rather not have sparkles telling me where to click. But I hate a slow hint recharge or worse no skip option which seems to always go hand in hand with adventure/hard/expert type modes. So to click on options and be able to choose BOTH no sparkles, no item screen AND fast hint and skip recharges... HEAVEN!!!!

THANK YOU so much for listening... it is really appreciated and you have a loyal fan for life. I'll be watching for future games from you.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Nov 10, 11 2:02 PM
I just finished the game and overall, I loved the game. I also had a problem with a crash when the crow hit the windshield, but I did as someone else suggested in an earlier post and continued on.

Just a few suggestions from me:
1. By using the hint button, it shouldn't highlight an area already cleared. (Maybe I may have missed a rose)

2. An directional arrow instead of a walking icon would be better. (Had a hard time finding exactly where to go)

Overall, a very nice game, and looking forward to your next game.

Thank you for listening and acting on all our concerns.

I going to uninstall and reinstall the latest version and replay the game all over again. I enjoyed the game that much.

Thanks again,

Jan

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Nov 10, 11 3:43 PM
loaded the "bugfix" .................but the lion still won't go into the yellow paint!! . Really fed up as I so wanted to carry on playing this game!

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Nov 10, 11 3:50 PM
Thanks Ivanbral for such a wonderful game. I played the game under two profiles and got glitches in both. After updating I was able to continue from where I was stuck. Painting the lions in one and the dragon at the crypt in the other. I am playing it again so please hurry with the sequel.

You are great to come see us.

bbelle

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Nov 10, 11 8:39 PM
Even after installing the fix, I can't get any of the lions into the paint. Would it help if I created a Dr. Felix file and sent it to BFG?

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Nov 10, 11 11:59 PM
Lucy1997 wrote:Even after installing the fix, I can't get any of the lions into the paint. Would it help if I created a Dr. Felix file and sent it to BFG?

are you sure that you mixed all colors first? because, if colors are not 100% mixed, then you won't be able to dip in the lions and paint them.
to mix colors you need to find the paper with the color scheme first.

BEVSMITH
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by BEVSMITH on Nov 11, 11 1:49 AM
I too cannot get any stone to move near the shed and also my worm has vanished from my inventory,NOT HAPPY ON what seems a gd game if only it were to play nicely,!!!!!!!!

joey49
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by joey49 on Nov 11, 11 5:15 AM
I used the card to open the door of the office and pressed 1337 many times..won't open and the card has dissapeared. what do I do..very frustrated!!

Edited on 11/11/2011 at 5:17:10 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 11, 11 6:58 AM
I would just like to say a big thank you to all at Cateia Games not only for a great game but especially for fixing the lion problem so that we could continue playing from there without having to start the game from the beginning again .

pp p
pp
p
p

pp

p pp ppp
p
pp
pp p

For those that don't drink there's chocolate

▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on Nov 11, 11 10:12 AM
@cherbtoo: Haha, love the chocolate! thanks

---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games

Go to: