Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Nov 17, 11 4:51 AM
Question about the options menu. I never click on widescreen, yet usually like this game it automatically fills my 24" widescreen monitor. Often in game reviews people will say that the game has black bars, and I will have the same game with no bars, having clicked no options about it.

Too many puzzles for me. I love HOS, best part of all. But it is an interesting, challenging game.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Nov 17, 11 5:19 AM
I just demoed the game and quite frankly I don't see why everyone is so enthusiastic, for me it is an absolute no buy.

Azada has been outsourced to ERS and they changed the game a lot, it doesn't have the same feel as the other two and has ERS strongly branded on it, which is great if you like it, but to me it is a dissapointment. The graphics are a lot like the ones in Shadow Wolf, puzzles are extremely easy to my taste.

I will definitely wait untill SE release before even consider to buy. I Really wished BF had developed this one themselves.

What I don't understand is why people are upset that there are no H0 scenes, cause the previous AZADA's didn't have them either, this has always been a puzzle/adventure game. I for one am glad I did not encounter H0 scenes in the demo. If there are H0 scenes in the rest of the game (which considering the fact that BF has classified this as a H0/puzzle/adventure game could very well be the case) to me it would be all the more reason NOT to buy it, but that is just a matter of taste.

I am sorry to say that I am dissapointed in this long awaited game.

teeney12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by teeney12 on Nov 17, 11 5:24 AM
None of the Azada games have been hidden object, so I wasn't surprised. That's what it is known for, puzzles and adventure. However, this quite different from the previous two but also appears to be a good game in it's own right. Looking forward to buying this one.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Nov 17, 11 5:26 AM
This game is great. In the description however it says Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure. Don't expect any Hidden Object scenes! I played the entire demo and there were none so I doubt there will be.

This IS one of the best Puzzle Adventure games I have ever played if not THE best. Many puzzles that I have never encountered before. They do take some thinking but are not unsolvable and they can be skipped if you choose.

You are offered 3 modes of play. I chose the casual for the demo and for the first time I can remember I think I will play the game that way when I buy it. It was, for me, difficult enough.

The graphics were great and the music pleasant. I did expect more voice overs after the intro but it seems that was it. In the demo anyway. The story line started out simple enough but I did kind of lose my purpose along the way. That didn't really seem to matter though because the tasks given kept me very interested.

I will definitely be buying this after I finish the 2 that I have waiting The games
just seem to keep getting better! I want them all

Great going ERS and Big Fish!!!

Definitely out of 5 for me.

JoJoLavin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by JoJoLavin on Nov 17, 11 5:27 AM
When I saw Azada in the title, I was delighted! I own the first two games and have been longing for a similar game. As with any of the game offerings here, I always read the reviews, check for issues and problems, then I try it for myself.

All I can say is I wish I could call in sick today. Azada AND ERS?? Are you kidding me? I've purchased it after 15 minuted of testing, and I can't wait to dive in. Not sure if this type of game can be categorized, but no matter. Just dive in and give it a little test drive. I am SO excited,

Thank you BFG and members for supporting my guilty pleasures in such a rich and and varied way. You're a class act.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 17, 11 5:35 AM
(About 25 minutes with the demo, then "Buy It," then restart as a different player.)

Well, it's indeed been a long time coming for this third Azada episode. I was surprised to see that it was an "ERS" game--I thought, "Oh oh, slow screen transitions, herky-jerky cursor," (at least on my system)--I'm pleased that this one runs very smoothly.

Yep--the BFG description of this as a "Hidden Object-Puzzle-Adventure" (H0PA) game is a bit misleading; it's more of an "APH0." I suspect that there are no "junkpile" H0 scenes, but rather, single items to be found that can be used on the spot or placed into inventory. That may be disappointing to strict H0 fans.

The storyline--we're summoned to Prague to begin a three-fold adventure to help save the realm of Azada, through the use of a "magic" book. (That's all the further I'll go). The opening menu is really cool, with a train running towards us. Options include music and sound FX sliders, cursor choice (the game one runs well and is very unique!), and screen choice. There are three gameplay modes--good luck, "Hard-core" gamers! Voice acting is high-caliber, and the graphics are some of the best that I've ever seen. I kept the speakers on for both the environment and the musical soundtrack --very nice.

I collected a few inventory items in my half-hour or so--a couple were useful right away. A puzzle or two--not too difficult, but there's the obligatory Skip button. The integrated SG (two chapters in the demo?) measures 47 pages in the full version--I looked ahead a bit (curiosity), and each page contains lots of information; that probably bodes well for game length.

Adventure fans and mini-game fans--Delight! Hidden-object fans--not so much. I'm an IH0G fan myself, but I opted for this 'cuz it is, after all, Azada!

Regards, elldee

[Post New]by carol12364 on Nov 17, 11 6:11 AM
I jumped out of my chair cheering when I saw a new Azada game this morning. I'm downloading the demo now.

I was discouraged to see it labeled as a HOG, because I don't like HOGs. So I'm relieved to learn from other posts that this has not HOG scenes.

THANK YOU BFG FOR PROVIDING GAMES ONCE IN AWHILE WITHOUT HOGS!!!!

There are some of us out here who find HOGs tedious and a distraction from the rest of an adventure game!!!

Can't wait to dive into this Azada. I love and have replayed the other Azada versions several times.

ladytdd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ladytdd on Nov 17, 11 6:29 AM
I've been waiting for this game a long time. Enjoyed playing the demo but miss the Azada format. I still play the first 2 games. I do plan to purchase the SE.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 17, 11 6:39 AM
Review after part of the demo:
I love it! My daughter will too as she plays in the most difficult mode and loves that there are no hints, etc. I've run into no technical difficulties or glitches thus far in the demo. I'm not sure about the SG as I try my best to not use it until I am absolutely stuck! I believe the H0 aspect of the game is finding objects for the inventory to be used further into the game...that is good! My inventory is full of objects to use now! Thus far, the puzzles I've encountered haven't been TOO difficult...at least I managed to solve them. Possible spoiler: The bicycle chain puzzle I finished in first try as I did the bug maze and another one. The girl on the door I skipped because I didn't realize the wing could be moved!

Beautiful graphics and dialog. I like being able to click outside the box when I've found something rather than having to close it. The journal is beneficial to help remind me of notes.

Edit after finishing game...
Well, a nice and beautiful puzzle adventure game - gorgeous graphics, good story, SG accessible on-screen (although not really needed so much as the hint system is very helpful - if you click it for a hint and there is nothing else to be done in that scene the hint tells you so you can move on to another scene....I like that because it doesn't really "hand-hold" so much as point you in a different direction and let you figure out what to do). Some of the puzzles were a bit intimidating due to the fact I didn't fully understand what to do. Lots of inventory items - some used right away and other staying in inventory for a while (then all used pretty quickly - but that may be because I wander around a lot!). Music, good. A bit of animation in scenes with animals, flowers, water, etc which always makes a game more enjoyable for me.

Overall - I did like the game although not as much as the first two, and definitely NOT for a CE as the bonus part was only about 20 minutes for me and I don't use screen savers, concept art, or sound tracks. I wish I'd waited for the SE.

I am thoroughly enjoying this game...and I know it will be a "buy" as soon as my daughter signs on and see another Azada!

Edited on 12/02/2011 at 7:39:54 PM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Nov 17, 11 6:53 AM
Since no one is reading or posting in the comments, I'll leave mine here.

This game is a perfect example of what has really bugged me about BFG lately. They don't describe the games properly. It's maddening if you are looking for say an adventure, it's all mixed with HOGS. So forget trying all to find one.

This game is called hidden object but there isn't any.

I've written to them about this, but no one fixes it. The game genres should be fixed. Under Adventure they should list just adventure, etc. etc.

So it looks like I'll have to go to Chit Chat and ask people for some good adventure games to play.

Sorry, I am using this space to not give a review, but I'm enjoying all your reviews.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 6:57:46 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 17, 11 7:13 AM
This review is based on the demo version.

Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition is a lite adventure game filled with puzzles. In the options menu are sliders for music/sound and buttons for custom cursor, wide screen and full screen. The game offers 3 modes of play, Casual, Advanced and Hard, and the play mode can be changed during play. (I have to give big kudos to ERS for completely eliminating text clues in Hard Mode - Bravo!)

The story begins with a series of beautiful and flawlessly integrated cut scenes, in which a Notary advises you have inherited property from relatives in Prague and you must travel there to claim it. Once in Prague, the Notary leaves. After you gain access to a house, you come face to face with Titus and learn that Azada is, once again, in peril.

Voice overs are excellent, the graphics are outstanding, game play is extremely smooth, the music well done. The puzzles in the demo version I thought were easy/intermediate. I played in Hard mode and finished the demo version with 1 minute left.

Overall, I think that this is the best game I've seen from this developer since the first Puppet Show. And having said this, I also have to say that I didn't get the feel of Azada from it. But the game is absolutely enjoyable on it's own merits as an outstanding adventure and I would love to see more of this style from ERS in the future.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 17, 11 7:14 AM
barbee44 wrote:Since no one is reading or posting in the comments, I'll leave mine here.

This game is a perfect example of what has really bugged me about BFG lately. They don't describe the games properly. It's maddening if you are looking for say an adventure, it's all mixed with HOGS. So forget trying all to find one.

This game is called hidden object but there isn't any.

I've written to them about this, but no one fixes it. The game genres should be fixed. Under Adventure they should list just adventure, etc. etc.

So it looks like I'll have to go to Chit Chat and ask people for some good adventure games to play.

Sorry, I am using this space to not give a review, but I'm enjoying all your reviews.

Hey Barbee--You're correct that this is much more of an Adventure than a Hidden-Object game. But there are "hidden objects" to be found and used, although they're single ones rather than the "junkpile" type.

But nobody "reading or posting in the comments"? There are already lots of posts about this game and its description!

I do agree that your post would be better suited to the CCC, although you do have some game "concerns."

Regards, elldee

MrsWhatsit
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by MrsWhatsit on Nov 17, 11 7:14 AM
Can someone tell me if this game is timed? I seem to recall that the first Azada was, and I don't like a timer.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 17, 11 7:24 AM
MrsWhatsit wrote:Can someone tell me if this game is timed? I seem to recall that the first Azada was, and I don't like a timer.
No, this game is not timed! You're safe.
I skipped the 1st Azada because of that, and played the 2nd Azada instead. This is much more like a light version of an adventure game, and easier and much more delightful than a full fledged adventure game, as it's not dark and creepy.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Nov 17, 11 7:34 AM
Well, after reading elldee and tex's reviews, I'm buying and not even doing the demo. Adventure game...yippee. I don't mind a few H0s as long as they aren't the junkpile type and I like puzzles.

ETA: Since I'm new to gaming, I'm not real good as yet with puzzles, so the SG is a plus for me.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 7:35:41 AM PST

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Nov 17, 11 7:36 AM
Im sorry but I jump at buying ERS games but during part of demo I got out when it started looking different from their usual games and looked at reviews. Now seeing they say no HOGS in it at All!!!! I love their HOGS. They are well done, crisp and I like them, though I know alot of you Hate them so much. I hate to buy this and it doesnt have the one thing i like so much..... Since when does ERS do a game up this way. Disappointed to no end, but will do rest of demo. Bad move guys. If all your previous games are done a certain way in the last yr then why change???

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 17, 11 7:37 AM
What a delightful 'adventure' game , I'm in heaven ... or I would be if someone had given me a bath sheet and instead of a standard sized bath towel .

I the puzzles I have done so far (well apart from the above mentioned one but I will get there eventually) and everything else about the game apart from ... I wish that devs would not put the exit arrows so high up the screen in adventure games <sigh>. Yes I know that you are supposed to mouse over interesting looking objects to see if a magnifying glass or hand appears to tell you that you can do something with it but I much prefer clicking an item to see if it responds and I just can't get myself out of the habit . So when the exit arrow is so high and you are a Cherb it is so very very easy to click a likely looking item and find yourself thrown out of the current scene before you are ready to leave.

For those wondering about length, I checked the Strategy Guide before coming to write this post and found that I am on Page 15 after approx 1.1/2 hours but I am not a fast puzzle solver although I would have been quicker if I had realised that I had the item I was looking for in my inventory all along but it was in disguise .

Chapter 1 Page Nos ......1 - 7
Chapter 2 ...................... 8 - 15
Chapter 3 ...................... 16 - 24
Chapter 4 ...................... 25 - 30
Chapter 5 ...................... 31 - 41
Bonus ............................ 42 - 47

Along with the Bonus and the Strategy Guide the Extras are the usual Concept Art, Wallpaper, Music and Screensaver but are these not accessible until the main game has been played.

Well it is back to playing with the towel for me, hope you all have as much fun as I am .

Cherb

ETA ...

Found the right size towel on my return to the game and am still enjoying all the different puzzles .

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 11:36:44 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 17, 11 7:42 AM
eldee, barbee44 is right!!!

I always had a feelings for the Adventurers - they were promised many times that the game is a HOPA (Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure). So, when I played the HOPA game, I encountered "tons" of HOG scenes, and minimal Adventure movement. No wonder they complain - they were "cheated" in a way!

So, it was a HOpa game (minimal PA), and not HOPA - balanced ingredients.

Now, we got a pure Adventure game, witnessed by the developers that doesn't include HOG scenes. I am glad for you, but very irritated that this game is defined as a HOPA! It's PA only (Puzzle Adventure).

No, nothing will persuade me that I search for hidden objects - it's not the style and the format of the HOG games. The HOGers know very well the HOG format.

All I ask is NOT to use the definition "****" in games that the HOG are minimal or aren't at all. I will be glad for the Adventurers, believe me, and even can buy the game - but don't promise me "a rose garden", in order to make me buy games which I don't favor. It's a "definition cheat". It's like buying a Match-3 game with some HOG scenes. Can it be defined as M3HO (Match-3 Hidden Object)???

Ridiculous!

And I ask NOT to use the definition PA (puzzle adventure) in games that have "tons" of HOG scenes. That will lessen the Adventurers frustration.

I don't accept the mix HOPA - I accept **** or PA. I ask for sincere definition.

Peace to all

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 7:51:38 AM PST

AZKalona
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by AZKalona on Nov 17, 11 7:43 AM
I am one happy fish in the pond today. I love Azada. Have the first 2 games. Azada & ERS, sigh, I think I may be in heaven. I just want to address some of the grumbling I have heard about this game being called a HOG. First of all, what seems to be the problem? There may be no hidden object scenes, however, you do have to find hidden objects to proceed in the game.

I don't know about you, but I always watch the video and browse reviews before I try a game. You get to download a 60 minute trial and play. For those of you who want hidden object scenes, you can find out (at no cost to you) that there aren't any in this game. Azada has never had HOS and I for one am glad they do not now.

So I would say to those who have a problem with the description, it is time to move on and find a game you would like to play, instead of complaining about a game you are probably not going to buy.

To all other Azada fans, happy gaming.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Nov 17, 11 7:50 AM
I to am delighted that there are no hidden object scenes in this game, I have played the demo and it looks great, I may buy the CE but will go back and finish Azeda 2 first

Go to: