Re:Post any Drawn™: Trail of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by VCRJack on Nov 20, 11 5:30 PM
hornekm wrote:When I get to the frog topiary and the magnifying glass pops up, I click on the frog and the game freezes up. I can go no further. I have exited the game and come back, but still having the same problem. Can this please be resolved?

I am having the same problem with the toad/frog. The game screen freezesbut can access the menu/help panel at the bottom. Have reinstalled a number of times. Any further sugestions?

NYCgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by NYCgamer on Nov 20, 11 5:54 PM
I can't get beyond the screen with the rats on the bridge. When I try to make the three cats come together into one picture --no matter what I do the game freezes and I have to escape and close the game completely.

rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by rogerscove on Nov 21, 11 5:14 AM
I've ALWAYS had problems with the Drawn series and got a credit for one of them because it couldn't be fixed. In this one, I cannot mix the last of the paints but was able to do this no problem in the CE. Given the problems everyone else is having, I think I'll just uninstall and not even bother. Unfortunate, because I really like this series.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 21, 11 6:15 AM
I had to stop playing the game I could not read the test at all, The game looks very interesting..So there must be a glitch until that get's fixed I will pass on this game, Plz BF and DEv's get this fixed for your fishes..

Edited on 11/21/2011 at 6:16:20 AM PST

[Post New]by Booklizard on Nov 21, 11 11:48 AM
I am at the cliff where you have to put the coins in order according to the clouds covering the sun. I found all the coins and put them in but when I went out and came back in 3 are missing. I can't skip the puzzle or complete it with out the coins which are not in their original places or in the mini game. I'm stuck!

[Post New]by tanis59 on Nov 21, 11 5:57 PM
The cats are frustrating. You get to that point and the game crashes and the only way to keep going is by restarting your computer. Anyone hear of a new fix coming out for this? This just isn't worth it

[Post New]by veronique875 on Nov 22, 11 12:58 PM
Painting the king At first he won't take the paint at all and yes he has been sanded, then he doesn't seem to know that he IS painted and can't pick him up.
Never mind the last part, the shoulders should be orange. But painting him is still really glitchy and takes a lot of mouse clicks to get him done.

Edited on 11/22/2011 at 2:23:19 PM PST

[Post New]by ABIGAILSUE on Nov 22, 11 4:15 PM
None of the above issues thank goodness. BUT, there are only seven beetles in the last page of the book to get the arrow and I need ten. Been back loads and loads but still no sign of the other three.

[Post New]by GoldenTigress08 on Nov 23, 11 12:07 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't have a hint button, at all?

[Post New]by GoldenTigress08 on Nov 23, 11 12:15 AM
Also, it won't let me paint the king in the workshop? Every time I attempt to paint him it just makes a puff of the color but never actually paints it.

T_rix
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by T_rix on Nov 23, 11 12:25 PM
I got to the part with the rabbit topiary - I want to click on the storybook page in the basket but my screen goes to black but does not zoom in on the basket. If I do this three times the game then crashes and shuts itself down. Anyone else experience this? Thx!

[Post New]by ouncible on Nov 24, 11 12:15 AM
A number of places (the windmills, monkey cave, clifftop) where the game behaved erratically until I closed it and relaunched. The bust out laughing moment though was in the last section where I clicked on the talk icon with the hooded humanoid by the gate and got "Final_Battle_Dialog" instead of whatever the value should have been!

[Post New]by bobby_m on Nov 25, 11 11:57 AM
I had the same problem with the Frog topiary and got round it by crashing out and restarting the level.
I had the Same problem of the game freezing when I assembled the lens in the monkey caves to clear the rats out of the way.
This is a long way through the level to have to redo.
Is there any chance of a better or repaired version of this game which seems to have been missed the checking process.

Thanks

Drawn™: Trail of Shadows technical complaints

[Post New]by hmsnownovelist on Nov 25, 11 6:20 PM
The trial version worked fine-- loaded well, played reasonably well (hiccuped a couple of times, but I figured that's because my computer is a few years old). Then I bought the full version, and first it took forever to load. Second it froze my computer. Now it won't let me start it at all. It told me to reinstall because of possible corruption and/or incompatibility problems. Now it's uninstalling... and uninstalling... and uninstalling... I like this series, but it has so many technical glitches that it makes me want to pull out my hair. (Still uninstalling.)

[Post New]by pyxis1 on Nov 25, 11 10:19 PM
The load times on this game are totally ridiculous. Now I am on the cliff next to the giant eye, and the arrow to go back to the previous scene has completely disappeared, so I can't go anywhere. Time to uninstall and re-install.

[Post New]by l8night on Nov 26, 11 3:05 PM
PPC515 wrote:I am playing the Mac version on a new MacBook Pro with Lion OS. When I try to color in the raven's wing with charcoal it won't let me. It just closes the window or does nothing. Also, the fullscreen option is checked but it leaves a two inch border around the game on my 17" screen. Any suggestions?

I'm also using a MacBook Pro and Lion OS and also got stuck at first with the Raven's Wing. I'm not sure exactly how I eventually overcame that, but I think I just kept trying different things with the cursor to try to let me keep coloring, until it suddenly let me through. However, subsequent to that, there's another color-in task with a watering can in front of a fawn. I can outline the bottom half, but not the top. As mentioned, the window just closed one me whenever I tried to touch the top half of the can, even when I tried what I did with the raven, which was not letting go of the cursor from one section to another. I was trying out the 1 hour demo version and that's where it ended, so I'm not sure if I will buy the full version based on this glitch, even though I enjoyed what I could get through.

[Post New]by WFU0208 on Nov 27, 11 7:51 AM
Everything works swimmingly, until I get to the point where I need to make charcoal etchings of the carvings on the rocks, in order to carve the wooden figures. I am able to etch the one at the top of the mountain (by the old fireside) and the one by the windmills, but I cannot etch the one at the foot of the mountain (where the shield was). I can place the piece of paper and pick up the charred stick, but nothing happens when I rub the charred sticks across the paper. I've tried restarting the game, but it has still gotten stuck right at the point. I'm really enjoying the game and I want to keep going. Help!!

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Nov 27, 11 8:58 AM
Very slow to load, if it loads at all. A couple of times the game just stopped loading. The pirate just sat in his ship in the middle of the ocean. The puzzles and new scenes are slow to load also. Sometimes there is a delay when clicking on an object. You click and have to wait for something to happen.

[Post New]by chriscol on Nov 29, 11 10:13 AM
I too cannot make the charred stick work on the rock in the rubble. Help. How do i go about getting my money back if this isn't solvable. Getting really frustrated and fed up. Shame. I really enjoyed the other Drawn games.Any ideas? Help

Huaka
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Huaka on Nov 29, 11 11:19 PM
Umm... you know that part where you have to match the items on the rotating wheels? Well I'm down to my last two BUT the other ones I have to match them with is on the same rotating wheel thing when I swap it so it's technically impossible to match them. What do I do now?

Go to: