saratt
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Reviews for Drawn™: Trail of Shadows

[Post New]by saratt on Nov 18, 11 12:59 PM
A fun and very interactive game but too short for me, I finished in about 2-3 hours.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Nov 18, 11 4:22 PM
Sorry for those who feel the graphics of Shadows are sub-par. They are the primary reason I bought the game. They are bright, they are somber, they are animated. They are everything one would look for in a "standard" adventure game, but are missing in almost ever "casual" game. (ERS games being the exception. But, of late, graphics is about the only thing ERS has going for it.)

I said I would report back. Big surprise! Even though I played the CE demo, the SE dropped me right where the CE stopped. That was not what I expected, nor, particularly what I wanted to happen.

That said, the game seems to be progressing at a fairly rapid pace. (I'm playing in "easy" mode.) I entered the game where the demo ended, so I had 37 minutes invested up to that point. I played for about an hour and find myself at the Monkey Pond where I quit for the day.

I've not had to consult a WT, so I don't know how close to the end I am. Since I'm back on the clock for the next few days, I may not find out until Wednesday when I take game breaks between baking various pies for T-Day.

I will assume there might be an hour left. That would bring the total to 2.5 hours. Short by many standards. But considering what I consider to be superb graphics, delightful puzzles and a great interactive hint system...this was well worth the credit spent. And I would recommend Shadows to anyone who has a credit to spare.

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 4:34:05 PM PST

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on Nov 18, 11 4:28 PM
I didn't like the CE and was feeling quite disappointed by the game as I had loved the first two in this series. But today playing the SE I was feeling much more relaxed and able to enjoy the game without the rush of how far can I get into it before I am cut off. I have often found that the second time around a game is the charm. So thankful for free trials!!! I could remember some of the puzzles and what areas I had searched in before and I knew it was only going to let me play the amount of demo time allowed. I really, really liked this game today. The colours, scenery and areas to explore are beautiful! The story line is interesting and different than any other game I have played. This time I was ready for the movement so I managed it much better than the first go around. The thinking part of this game is just right for me. Some days I will want a bigger challenge but for today this game suits me to a T! Just enough of a challenge to make it interesting but no frustration. It's a wonderful game to play with the books, pictures and paintings to discover. If it leaves me wanting more then hopefully there will be yet another sequel. This is a credit worthy game FOR SURE.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Nov 18, 11 4:30 PM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/19/2011 at 12:28:55 AM PST

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Nov 18, 11 5:02 PM
I loved it, but didn't want to spend for the CE, so I've been waiting for it. Love these, they really make you think!

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Nov 18, 11 5:50 PM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/19/2011 at 12:36:32 AM PST

Darla1108
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Darla1108 on Nov 18, 11 5:51 PM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/19/2011 at 12:32:14 AM PST

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Nov 18, 11 7:45 PM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/19/2011 at 12:29:09 AM PST

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 18, 11 7:50 PM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/19/2011 at 12:39:10 AM PST

[Post New]by kazza55 on Nov 18, 11 8:55 PM
Too easy- finished it in 2 hours. Should have guessed as the demo didn't take long. Still it is pretty but I wouldn't have bought it if I had 60 minutes play instead of a demo.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Nov 18, 11 9:14 PM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/19/2011 at 12:41:08 AM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 19, 11 12:24 AM
Hi fishies,

As per my previous post, I'd like to remind everyone to reserve this thread for reviews only. As per our Forum Rules, we also ask you not to discuss any moderator actions:

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

The moderation team will go ahead and remove any off topic comments that are not related to reviews for Drawn™: Trail of Shadows.

Please PM a member of the moderation team if you have any questions.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 19, 11 9:46 AM
Hi.. well i have almost finished demo and apart from a couple of tech glitches ( Screen going blank an and then something telling me to check objectives ) these did not spoil my enjoyment.. I am not sure if it will be as good as the first two but I love the pop up, the interaction with the pictures, and the overall magical quality intrigues me..maybe because I am an artist I see more into this game .. it is a great game , bright ,cheerfull and fun to play a buy for me !!! But I will have to wait until beginning Dec.. as my punchcard is full ......I hope I can wait !!

[Post New]by DarkStarsD on Nov 19, 11 1:21 PM
saratt wrote:A fun and very interactive game but too short for me, I finished in about 2-3 hours.

and what you hoped for 6.99? The game is worth the money. excellent, I liked!

Faanda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Faanda on Nov 19, 11 2:59 PM
My favorites !!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by nevada60 on Nov 19, 11 3:01 PM
I actually didn't enjoy this one as much as the previous ones. But still a good game,

Cheesy2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Cheesy2 on Nov 19, 11 4:20 PM
i thought this one was good but after a while i just wanted it to end and when it did end i thought the game was too short defeneitly not worth the money

rachacha
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rachacha on Nov 19, 11 5:51 PM
why are all the posts removed? I thought you could put negative posts on here. thats what forums are for! if its negative, we should make our own conclusion after our trial! why so many deletes?

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Once again I've been DRAWN into this magical world!!

[Post New]by netnanna on Nov 19, 11 7:07 PM
Oh I loved it. Somehow this magical world holds me like a magnet, housework and meals went to pot until I'd finished it, that's what a game should do for you. Perhaps it's the "return to childhood" syndrome, with colouring and pop-up books, but the puzzling out of what to do next,was adult enough for me.
Like the previous games, I was sorry when it was all over, but having started on the trail again, I'm off to play ! and 2 again, followed of course by this one. Yes, it was too short, but still worth the money.

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Nov 20, 11 9:32 AM
I love all the Drawn games. The graphics are so different from other games. I am so happy not to start a game with a car crash or waking up in an insane asylum. This is bright, cheerful and not full of HOG puzzles. The cutout style and pop ups are a wonderful change.

Go to: