merry49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by merry49 on Nov 20, 11 4:11 PM
I'm not sure if it's a technical issue or a user error (always possible!), but I can't get the puzzle on the door at the lower stairs to work. After putting the sun in and messing around a bit, I checked the SG and apparently I'm supposed to be opening doors and raising flags, but it won't let me click on anything. Is it not working as designed? Or am I just doing it wrong?

mrm101310
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mrm101310 on Nov 20, 11 7:25 PM
I had to uninstall this game since I had the access violation message. Fortunately, I did not purchase this game. Had the same problem with "The Keepers Lost Progeny". It happened when I was at the very end of the game, which was very frustrating.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Nov 20, 11 9:20 PM
Getting very frustrated here!!!
I had the same problem with not picking up the fresco piece before the snake and had gotten into the lab - well into the game when I realised.
I have now restarted a new profile and have a different glitch!
The first time i played I did the mini puzzle at the top of the stairs to lower the chandelier for the septre.
I used a hint later and it directed me to the finished puzzle as if it had not been done. Then I hit the skip button and went on my way.
This time round when I got to the puzzle I skipped it straight away as I wanted to get back to the part of the game I was stuck in before quickly.
Using hint it directed me back again and now I'm stuck in that screen with no exit arrow, skip button or click-able areas.
Grrrrr.
Do not want to start for 3rd time!!
Will there be fixers BFG???????

4th Fresco Piece

[Post New]by Lynniebabe on Nov 21, 11 5:25 AM
I see some others have encountered the same problem. I must have grabbed the snake on the stone pillar before picking up the fresco piece, and now it's not there. BFG - are you issuing a fix, or do we have to start all over?
Thanks,
Carolyn

lindimae
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by lindimae on Nov 21, 11 6:34 AM
Loving this game,its kept me engrossed for hours!!!! Now cant't get the 4th puzzle piece as like everyone else I pick up the snake first ,now am at the lab with everything I need apart from the fresco!!!! Please don;t tell me I 've to start over as it won't be the same.Am really disappointed . Help

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Nov 21, 11 6:40 AM
I also am not able to interact with anything when I first get into the house. Before that the game seemed to be working fine, but now I can't do anything, not even back out of the house. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem is still there.

mer92830
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mer92830 on Nov 21, 11 7:24 AM
I have played the game all the way through and now am on the Bonus Chapter. I picked up the lamp, fuse, gunpowder and lighter and it says on strategy guide to go to Stella's room. Well I can't get in Stella's room. If I try to take a hint on what to do next it directs me to the stone pillar on the left side outside of the secret room and there is nothing there. Help???

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 21, 11 7:26 AM
mer92830 wrote:I have played the game all the way through and now am on the Bonus Chapter. I picked up the lamp, fuse, gunpowder and lighter and it says on strategy guide to go to Stella's room. Well I can't get in Stella's room. If I try to take a hint on what to do next it directs me to the stone pillar on the left side outside of the secret room and there is nothing there. Help???
Use the gunpowder, fuse and lighter on that same stone pillar. There's something hidden there and that's the only way to get to it.

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Nov 21, 11 7:37 AM
I'm having the fresco piece problem too. I'm almost at the end of the game and missing one fresco piece, which I suspect is the one I failed to pick up before catching the snake. There is no way to zoom back into the snake post to pick up that last piece now. Is there any way this glitch could be fixed? I really, REALLY don't wanna start over.

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Arrow and snake catcher

[Post New]by eedebeep on Nov 21, 11 4:11 PM
I did the puzzle chest, it told me I received the arrow and snake catcher, but they are not in my inventory. Nice glitch, developers- guess I have to start the game over.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Arrow and snake catcher

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 21, 11 4:14 PM
eedebeep wrote:I did the puzzle chest, it told me I received the arrow and snake catcher, but they are not in my inventory. Nice glitch, developers- guess I have to start the game over.
You checked all of your inventory? Did you try to use the arrows on the left side and the right side to scroll through your inventory... you get so many items sometimes that they don't all show at once.

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Hoppity on Nov 21, 11 7:27 PM
Lady_Cav wrote:In the thread titled "is it a bug or what else? possible spoiler", cjdj99 wrote:

cjdj99 wrote:
NorwegianWood wrote:Me too.....I realized that I should have had four pieces of the fresco when I had only two.Checked with the SG, and was able to go back and pick up the one in the mine. I am pretty sure that it was the piece on the serpent column I missed, can't remember doing anything else there besides picking up the snake....but the column is not clickable ! Help......!

There is a bug. I found out the hard way that if you don't pick up the fresco piece on the pillar before getting the snake you will not be able to go back and get it. Took me forever to figure it out and had to start over with a new game to finally get it.

I find myself in the same position. Having picked up every fresco piece I could find, I wondered why I only had 3 of 4 pieces, and therefore could not add the found objects to the fresco.

Now that I am on chapter 4, where the fresco piece with all ingredients is needed in the Lab, I cannot continue with the game. I have been back to all 4 locations, and there is not any final fresco piece to be found and picked up, nor are any of the 4 locations clickable.

It's quite possible, as cjdj99 said, that I captured the snake before trying to pick up that fresco piece at the stone pillar in the woods. I've been playing for 5 hours now and still have 2 chapters to go, (and loving it, btw - superb game), but am dismayed to think that I might have to start over!

BFG and devs, is this a bug/glitch?

Same problem here! Don't tell me I gotta start completely over. I also am deep into the game and can't get back to the pillar for the forth fresco.

tonic12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tonic12 on Nov 21, 11 7:32 PM
I too must have taken the snake first, b/c I only have three fresco pieces and cannot get the fourth one at the stone pillar where the SG says it is supposed to be. Is there a fix?

seaisle08
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by seaisle08 on Nov 22, 11 6:10 AM
same here, can't get fresco piece at pillar---------would really rather not start over

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 22, 11 6:17 AM
For everyone who cannot acquire the last fresco piece at the pillar because of the snake:

Be sure to contact Customer Service using the Green Envelope on the right side of this page. The more reports C.S. gets, the better chance of hopefully getting a fix for this problem.

Warlady1
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Warlady1 on Nov 22, 11 8:47 AM
When I exited the game yesterday I had all four scepters. When I loaded it this morning I had only one. Whatsupwiththat????

Warlady1
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Warlady1 on Nov 22, 11 9:58 AM
Never mind. When I just reloaded it my scepters were back. Sheesh.

plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by plushmoon on Nov 22, 11 10:28 AM
Hi everyone!
One problem with this game is that it takes anything between 2 and 6 (!!!) minutes to transition between scenes, any scenes such as HOS or moving from one scene to another. The other problem is that I get an access violation message when I quit the game and my computer freezes and requires a restart. The game is totally unplayable, especially due to the unacceptable waiting between scenes. Any fishies with ideas out there?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 22, 11 10:40 AM
plushmoon wrote:Hi everyone!
One problem with this game is that it takes anything between 2 and 6 (!!!) minutes to transition between scenes, any scenes such as HOS or moving from one scene to another. The other problem is that I get an access violation message when I quit the game and my computer freezes and requires a restart. The game is totally unplayable, especially due to the unacceptable waiting between scenes. Any fishies with ideas out there?
That sounds like a graphics card issue. I would write to customer service via the green envelope on the right hand side of this page and see if they can help you with these issues. They've always been very helpful and were able to help me solve problems me in the past. With Thanksgiving coming up, you might have to wait a few days to hear back from them, though. Good Luck!

plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by plushmoon on Nov 22, 11 10:47 AM
Lady_Cav wrote:
plushmoon wrote:Hi everyone!
That sounds like a graphics card issue. I would write to customer service via the green envelope on the right hand side of this page and see if they can help you with these issues. They've always been very helpful and were able to help me solve problems me in the past. With Thanksgiving coming up, you might have to wait a few days to hear back from them, though. Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply Lady_Cav. I have already written to CS. The thing is, that transition issue has never occured with any other game, and I have updated everything (I think) on my W7/32-bit system. Anyway, let's see what CS has to say...

Go to: