vivcau
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Welcome to Cradle of Egypt forum

[Post New]by vivcau on Jun 8, 12 8:49 PM
Twice I have reached Empire of the Sun epoch, the first time with one level to go. It unlocked the Tourney but told me I hadn't completed the city and had to replay the epoch. The second time the same thing happened with two levels to go. I'm playing in the timed mode. I've now given up. The first time I had 5 lives left and the second time, 4.

[Post New]by Stardust3000 on Jul 29, 12 11:29 AM
I can't finish the game and I'm getting crazy!
I'm in the last epoche, always around lvl 87 and the game tells me that I lost because I failed to support my city and have to play the epoche again, but I still have 30 lives to go and buildings to purchase. Don't see what I´m doing wrong, I played the same epoche now several times it's very frustrating.

Any Ideas?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 29, 12 12:46 PM
Welcome to the pond, Stardust3000

It's probably the pyramids that you haven't purchased. They cost 100K in each resource and if you don't have the entire city built by the time you finish level 100 it keeps asking you to go back and replay some levels, the amount of which appears to vary from player to player. If you have lives left you may only get sent back to level 99 which may not be enough for you to earn the 100K per resource. One player has reported that they ran out of lives and was sent back to somewhere in the 70s to replay from there.

I found that the easiest way to get the city completely built is to work on collecting lots of treasure chests early on in the game since those add resources quickly. It also helps to get as many citizens as possible since they also give you a resource boost. Hope that helps.

[Post New]by Stardust3000 on Jul 30, 12 8:57 AM
Thank you for your answer
The problem is that i don´t even get to lvl 100, the game doesn`t give me the chance to get enough resources and buy all the buildings. The highest level I was able to play was 87, after I won lvl 87 the game told me that I lost and have to replay the last epoche even though I still have 30 Lifes and about 13 levels to play . I tried several times now, always the same, I´m getting tired of replaying the last epoche over and over without getting closer to win.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 30, 12 5:26 PM
You're welcome

I haven't heard of what you're describing before; it may be a glitch. You may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling or starting up a new player profile.

[Post New]by ohshucks on Feb 13, 13 3:47 PM
There are 100 levels? oh boy... I ca't get off level 56, with all the skuls...
I can;t even get the game to come in, all the help they tried to give me doesn't work...get the notice,,, not known....and I bought it too...help? and no FAQ. on right

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 13, 13 5:36 PM
ohshucks wrote:There are 100 levels? oh boy... I ca't get off level 56, with all the skuls...
I can;t even get the game to come in, all the help they tried to give me doesn't work...get the notice,,, not known....and I bought it too...help? and no FAQ. on right

If the game stops running or gives you some type of error message at this level, there is a problem either with the game files or something else on your computer The only thing I can suggest is uninstalling and then reinstalling the game to see if that will fix the problem. If there is something elsewhere on your computer that is causing the problem, the best bet is to find someone who is knowledgeable in IT matters and have them check it out.

There are usually not FAQs or walkthroughs for games that are not HOGs, at least not on this site. You could try Google to see if any other sites have walkthroughs, cheats, hint lists, etc.

The skulls get in the way of other things, so you either want to match three of them (they take back the spaces, but that's less inconvenient than having a skull block off a tight spot), get the skulls to match themselves in a cascade (they will not take back the spaces if they match themselves) or use a powerup to strategically clear the skulls. Good luck!

[Post New]by kat908 on Mar 16, 13 2:46 PM
Thank you for the welcome.

How can I change setting for relaxation to timed on Cradle of Egypt??

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 17, 13 1:16 PM
Hi kat908, you can't toggle between timed and relaxed mode in the same game. If you want to play in timed you have to start a new game (may need to create a new profile if it won't let you start over due to a game in progress).

[Post New]by kat908 on Mar 17, 13 10:20 PM
Started a new game and I was able to set it in timed. Thank you so much for your help.

[Post New]by craighills on Mar 27, 13 7:03 PM
I have been on #56 for days now. Can anyone tell me how to get through the little frames at the bottom. There are no openings and no plays. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 28, 13 7:56 AM
craighills wrote:I have been on #56 for days now. Can anyone tell me how to get through the little frames at the bottom. There are no openings and no plays. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the pond, craighills

The bottom section is already open and you can match there; the tiles will fall in around the roped off ones in the center. I typically clear that part first. Use the powerup on offer (I got the hammer in my current run on this board) to help break the ropes after you get the bottom center done, or on the corners if a skull gets in the way. I don't worry all that much about the skulls taking back the spaces if three get matched. It's much better to redo a few spaces here and there instead of having a skull block off a tight spot.

Go to: