MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues h

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 23, 11 3:39 AM
My computer is 8 months old, has plenty of memory and hard drive storage. No errors installing. DXdiag says everything is working fine.
But the screen continually flashes bright colors all over. At first I thought it was a lightning effect. But it continues on every scene and is extremely distracting. Morphing objects are morphing. The only time I don't have a flashing screen is inside the car or when I click on the magnifying glass and get a small mini window display. Also there were no buttons on the option screen for volume etc.
My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4200. I will try updating the graphics drivers and see if that helps.

I'm sure this is a graphics issue. My monitors are set at recommended resolution of 1440x900. Help please

ETA: Found my graphics drivers were 7 months old. Went to the AMD/ATI site and downloaded new drivers. Game seems to be working fine now. Happy detective!

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 5:19:24 AM PST

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by smallgrey on Nov 23, 11 3:39 AM
With respect Big Fish people, if there are so many complaints why are you even selling the game at this stage. Did you not test it first? I too have a cursor that will barely move. I have the other versions of Ravenhearst which work fine so why change. So many disappointed people and it appears to me to be just another case of poor customer service. Sheeeeesh.

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Nov 23, 11 3:57 AM
Game downloaded fine and let me set up my profile and change volume etc,but it will barely play on my laptop. Everything is so slow that it's just impossible to carry on. I have been waiting for this game and am so disappointed. Sadly I cannot afford a new computer just to play games on. If all new games are going to be heading this way then I think my time of playing may be coming to an end. Surely it could have been made to be a bit easier on PC spec. I appreciate that all singing ,all dancing is great,but not when a huge number of your customers are denied the chance to play the game at all. I was so happy to see it this morning,but now I just feel very fed up and .

[Post New]by rainingreality3 on Nov 23, 11 3:59 AM
I had the game freeze on the first Journal entry! I couldnt click on the close button. What the heck! I had to restart a new game and avoid the journal to keep playing. Also the game is very slow and im disapointed. Its crashed and froze but after a few restarts i started to get a on a roll. Just bought the game and im starting to download so hopefully there wont be any more problems to it. Crosses fins.

Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Nov 23, 11 4:38 AM
Really strange thing happened.. got game all installed everything..
played the game for about 15 mins.. close out the GM and then it starts
RE-DOWNLOADING.. ???

It took over an hour an a half to download the 1st time .. back to 30 %

suus52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by suus52 on Nov 23, 11 4:41 AM
AeronAoife wrote:On my widescreen, the game screen is all the way to the left leaving about a 3" black strip on the right side of the screen. I wouldn't mind if the strip was on both sides but just on one side?

same with me. I won't buy the game until this is rectified

Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Nov 23, 11 4:47 AM
Kimmy1971 wrote:Really strange thing happened.. got game all installed everything..
played the game for about 15 mins.. close out the GM and then it starts
RE-DOWNLOADING.. ???

It took over an hour an a half to download the 1st time .. back to 30 %

well I see now what is going on it's doing a game update

[Post New]by aussienurse on Nov 23, 11 4:55 AM
pixielily wrote:I also had the game freeze when the demo ended and I clicked "Exit" I had to "Ctrl/Alt/Delete" to end the game.

the game itself played fine, just the Exiting

also had trouble exiting the game, no icon. Had to Alt Cont Delete to end game, very disapointed

[Post New]by NorthernExpress on Nov 23, 11 5:03 AM
Downloaded and installed the trial just fine. Ran the trial perfectly. Have now been trying to purchase the game for several hours and keep getting the message that my transaction cannot be processed at this time, please try again later... My game club membership is active, not on hold. There is no issue on my end, both paypal and credit card info is fine. So what's the issue?

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 23, 11 5:07 AM
For the fishies with the trial expired message, I would recommend re-downloading the game from an alternate browser.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 23, 11 5:13 AM
happy(or not) fishes who have black bar on a side of screen and the whole picture crouching on other side:i had also and do some adjustment to my screen resolution:after tries and fails,i have the game working near by the normal way with 1440x900 pixels,but the graphics loose in quality and have still bkack bars(about 2 cm up and down,but access to all the inventory and others settings of the game;perhaps this will help some of us

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues h

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Nov 23, 11 5:18 AM
skr041300 wrote:
AeronAoife wrote:On my widescreen, the game screen is all the way to the left leaving about a 3" black strip on the right side of the screen. I wouldn't mind if the strip was on both sides but just on one side?

I have the same problem. In addition, the game goes below the bottom of my screen, so I can't see the inventory. Any advice? I can't play the game as it is.

On right of my widescreen, only the left part of the game screen shows, with black filling half of the left side of my screen. This has been happening with other games lately, even older ones that I purchased and played with no problems 2-3 years ago.
Alt-ctrl-delete doesn't even work to get out. I have to manually turn off my computer.

[Post New]by brendakay on Nov 23, 11 5:26 AM
suus52 wrote:

[Post New]by bouncyhouse on Nov 23, 11 5:31 AM
And one more from me in the hopes a patch will be coming up soon. My game goes below the bottom of screen. In the meantime, I'm playing in windowed mode, which, while it fixes it, sorta ruins the ambience.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Nov 23, 11 5:32 AM
My game just crashed with an acces violation. :

Error: access violation at 0x005E9733 (tried to read from 0x01346000) program terminated.

Hope I get to launch the game again ant it will start were I left off, otherwise I need to contact CS.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 23, 11 5:34 AM
changing screen resolution to 1280-960 seems to works alsobut with black barsup and down,just like movies in scope resolution on tv screen

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 5:34:58 AM PST

[Post New]by jfmorrissette on Nov 23, 11 5:42 AM
suus52 wrote:

AeronAoife wrote n my widescreen, the game screen is all the way to the left leaving about a 3" black strip on the right side of the screen. I wouldn't mind if the strip was on both sides but just on one side?

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Nov 23, 11 5:45 AM
The game is playing really disjointedly--lagging between scenes, slow cursor, and now I have a metal bar from inventory stuck in the middle of my screen and I can't budge it. I am going to uninstall this game and try again.

Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Nov 23, 11 5:47 AM
dorish2 wrote:The game is playing really disjointedly--lagging between scenes, slow cursor, and now I have a metal bar from inventory stuck in the middle of my screen and I can't budge it. I am going to uninstall this game and try again.

I had the same thing happen w/ a hook
when I closed out that was when it started re-d/ling for me .. Im back up to 82% again LOL and I so wanted to play before the sun came up and the kids woke up LOL

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 23, 11 5:47 AM
I got a snarky message that I need a new video card! While I admit that the game's video memory requirement exceeds my system's capability, I've had no problems playing virtually dozens of other non-BFG-produced games that sport the same requirements.

Instead of advising those of us with somewhat older machines that we need new, costly hardware, why not just let us attempt the demo (like ALL other developers probably do) to see if it works? I think has severely limited the market for this particular "flagship" offering!

Oh, BTW--nearly six hours after the release of such a much-hyped "whopper," and a mere 32 Reviews? Not a good sign. And when the Tech Issues outnumber the Reviews? Not a good sign, either. Good luck with this one--I'll bet some Techies will be munching on turkey at BFG HQs instead of at home!

Regards (and disappointment), elldee

Go to: