Re:Post any Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nina_m on Nov 27, 11 7:38 PM
why do i get the message Error Access violation at 0x4FF4688c (tried to read from 0x0A00F004) when i try to play this game? It donloaded fine and installed fine and then i'm watching the opening scene and this message came up. I even tried skipping the intro and started playing the game and same message came up again.I dont know what this message means so if someone could let me know what it means it would be very much appreciated.I was looking forward to playing this game

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Post any Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by fraziely on Nov 27, 11 8:28 PM
Error violation at startup...

agnesnic
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by agnesnic on Nov 27, 11 11:57 PM
Anyone else have a game freezing problem when the rabbits jump out of the tophat in the Bonus Game play? Tried closing done and reloading but game freezes everytime after the five rabbits jump out of the hat and I am therefore unable to pick up the blue key. I haven't seen any updates to iron out bugs - have there been any?

[Post New]by GirlWithManyEyes on Nov 28, 11 10:29 AM
Emmmms1974 wrote:I have downloaded it and it say trial expired!!?? I haven't even had a go?! This is the second CE that has done this?!

i get the same error what's going on?

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Nov 28, 11 10:51 AM
When we have technical issues are we just crying to each other when we post here or is there someone who will actually help us??

mdcrab13
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by mdcrab13 on Nov 28, 11 11:07 AM
GAMES CRASHES AFTER ONE MINUTE OF PLAYING DEMO. hAVE UNINSTALLED AND INSTALLED 3 TIMES. cOULDN'T PLAY ESCAPE FROM RAVENHEARST EITHER!! wHATS UP THE THE GAMES AT BF NOW. WHAT ARE YOU DOING DIFFERENT?!

mdcrab13
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

GAMES CRASHES AFTER ONE MINUTE OF PLAYING DEMO. hAVE UNINSTALLED AND INSTALLED 3 TIMES. cOULDN'T PLAY ESCAPE FROM RAVENHEARST EITHER!! wHATS UP THE THE GAMES AT BF NOW. WHAT ARE YOU DOING DIFFERENT?!

mdcrab13
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

GAMES CRASHES AFTER ONE MINUTE OF PLAYING DEMO. HAVE UNINSTALLED AND INSTALLED 3 TIMES. cOULDN'T PLAY ESCAPE FROM RAVENHEARST EITHER!! wHATS UP THE THE GAMES AT BF NOW. WHAT ARE YOU DOING DIFFERENT?!

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Nov 28, 11 3:29 PM
This game has some bugs. On one scene of hidden objects I clicked on an object and the game produced an exception. Once I restarted the game, I was able to find all the hidden objects with out problems.

In the art museum, after collecting all the items she needed, she disappeared behind the curtain, I witnessed some flashing then the game for lack of a better term , hung. I was not able to exit the scene nor could a click on the Menu work. By forcing a Cntrl/ESC placing the game on my toolbar I then did a Close. I restarted the game and was able to continue, Maxine B. showed up to tell me about the Bomb.

I hope by reporting these two issues that it might help, problems will be addressed and another build provided.

[Post New]by shawski on Nov 28, 11 9:53 PM
I having the same issues as two other posts. After I talk to cop and try to take something out of a guys hand; the game crashes. Tried two more times with the same results.

[Post New]by dodge440111 on Nov 29, 11 4:49 AM
mdcrab13 wrote:GAMES CRASHES AFTER ONE MINUTE OF PLAYING DEMO. hAVE UNINSTALLED AND INSTALLED 3 TIMES. cOULDN'T PLAY ESCAPE FROM RAVENHEARST EITHER!! wHATS UP THE THE GAMES AT BF NOW. WHAT ARE YOU DOING DIFFERENT?!
Same here, i guess i will have to stop my membership if this keeps happening.

[Post New]by tinybubles on Nov 29, 11 7:35 PM
I keep downloading game and every time I get access violation 0x4FF4688F game terminated. I have uninstalled numerous times and reinstalled and get the same message as soon as game starts. Any suggestions?

rosir
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by rosir on Nov 30, 11 12:24 PM
agnesnic wrote:Anyone else have a game freezing problem when the rabbits jump out of the tophat in the Bonus Game play? Tried closing done and reloading but game freezes everytime after the five rabbits jump out of the hat and I am therefore unable to pick up the blue key. I haven't seen any updates to iron out bugs - have there been any?

Same problem. Was this ever resolved?

[Post New]by dolphin376 on Nov 30, 11 2:09 PM
I am having the same problem Access Violation 0x0A53E004... WTH??

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 30, 11 2:13 PM
GirlWithManyEyes wrote:
Emmmms1974 wrote:I have downloaded it and it say trial expired!!?? I haven't even had a go?! This is the second CE that has done this?!

i get the same error what's going on?

Hi Emmmms1974 and GirlWithManyEyes,

Please try closing and re-opening your Game Manager to see if that resets your time. If it doesn't, I'd encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling this game.

If that doesn't help either, please refer to the following help article for more information:

Why has the trial period expired?

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 30, 11 2:16 PM
Hi fishies,

I'm sorry I can't respond to each and every one of your posts, but I'll at least try to address of few of the issues that I see popping up.

If you're getting an 'Access Violation' error message, please give the steps in this help article a try:

Access Violation

And if your game is freezing, crashing, or if you're experiencing any other performance issues, the steps in this article has helped several others in the past with similar issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by dmcgrath1313 on Dec 1, 11 4:22 PM
Same here i try to talk to cop and i get error code and it shuts down. !!!!!

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Dec 1, 11 5:18 PM
All I want to know is why do some games play so beautifully and others do not? This game has the same criteria for play as some of the other large games, where I have no problems. I feel the same way as some of the other reviewers, there are alot of great games 'like this one' that we will never play due to some glitch . . . .

[Post New]by Royalty10 on Dec 1, 11 9:55 PM
the bonus feature freezes up after i free the rabbits what do i do about that

[Post New]by hannibal884 on Dec 2, 11 4:25 AM
I give up, cannot attach the twine to the bamboo, driving me nuts !!!!! ((

Go to: