steffwhitt
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:Not as much fun as other farm sim games?

[Post New]by steffwhitt on Jan 28, 09 12:50 PM
is it just me or did anyone else give up after 10 mins and uninstall it?defintely not a good farm sim game.

erwin042
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by erwin042 on Feb 5, 09 11:54 PM
Luckily this is a new farm sim game besides all those crap hidden object games released every other day. I really don't like those hidden games.
It is a bit short. But that is Farm Mania too.
It's more difficult than Farm Mania too. Cos I finished that one without any problem.

And in this one, I have some problems filling in the orders.

zbeewmn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by zbeewmn on Mar 10, 09 3:36 PM
I love Alice Greenfingers 2 and was disappointed with this game. I got tired of waiting for the truck to show up.

I'm on a Mac, so I can only play Farm Frenzy online (sniff).

I also quit playing after ten minutes. I know most of the games on Bigfish are appropriate for children, and this game seemed geared mostly to children because the crops, eggs and meat just showed up without the player needing to do anything.

I'll be saving my credits for AG3 or maybe Farm Frenzy for Mac (please?).

Kathy

[Post New]by mhughes33 on Mar 22, 09 9:58 PM
This game ceases being fun around level 5 or 6, at which point it just becomes pure frustration. It is insanely difficult unless you can be superfast with a mouse. In any case, I would not recommend it for a child. Shame, really, because the gathering and the graphics could be fun.

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Aug 23, 09 2:30 PM
I agree, Youda Farmer isn't much fun.

I don't get to decide where things go, orders come in randomly, and I spend all my time just clicking on things to make the truck go around.

After awhile, there's no reason to keep going other than to finish the game. There are no more upgrades, no more additions to the farm.

And for a farming game, I'm sad that I don't get to do ANY farming. All I do is pick up and deliver stuff, like some glorified paper boy.

[Post New]by thebookworm on Aug 23, 09 5:31 PM
Youda farmer is just a little confusing...and the game comes without any actual explanation. I purchased the game. I have already "lost" my truck and had to reload the game. What the heck are combos??? I have purchased other Big Fish games and they are great...I'm not so sure about this one...Cindy

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Aug 23, 09 9:17 PM
Combos are when you do things in a row. Like when you load 3 flours before doing anything else. The more Combos you get, the more money you earn. This is especially helpful early on when money is tight but you need everything.

Youda Farmer has Combos for picking up, confirming pick-up, delivery, and confirming delivery. So there's lots of chances to earn Combos.

You can get a 3 in-a-row Combo, a 4 in-a-row Combo, a 5 in-a-row Combo, a 6 in-a-row Combo, and a 10 in-a-row Combo. Later, you can also get Combos for delivering items in a certain order (like the Baker will want 3 flours, and numbers will flash, to show in which order he wants them).

Big Combos are easiest to get (imo) in the middle of the game. That's when you have fairly big orders, but still have lots of time.

Late in the game, there's so much to do and so little time, that it's hard just to meet the demand for pick ups & deliveries, let alone try for point-boosting Combos. Of course by then you don't need the money you get from Combos anyway, since there's nothing left to buy.

Sometimes my truck seems to get lost, too. Especially when I need to restart a Level. Have you tried clicking on the first order to see if your truck picks it up? Sometimes that doesn't work either and you have to exit and restart (that happened to me once).

Happy delivering!

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Aug 23, 09 9:23 PM
There seems to be 4 ways to get a 10 in-a-row Combo.

One is to Pick Up things in order as they appear at the bottom of your screen. The second is to Confirm Delivery of 10 items before clicking on anything else. The third and fourth are when you deliver; when you deliver goods in order, or when you Confirm 10 Deliveries before clicking anything else.

It's easiest to get the 10 in-a-row Combo when you Confirm Pick Up / Delivery.

amluvsmm
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by amluvsmm on Mar 16, 10 2:20 PM
bgirl1025 wrote:I played demo and game closed out on me at level 4 so as for what I think I am getting sick and tired of all the Big Fish Games not working right here lately think I might just go to SHOCKWAVE instead I don't have any problems with there games might just get a membership with them ........

Okay.. I've been with Big Fish Games for years and years and anytime I have ever had a problem with a game Big Fish has always been quick to get back to me and goes above and beyond what any other game site would do for you. So if you want to go to Shockwave go right ahead that would be your loss not Big Fish. Have you ever thought that maybe it was your computer? Did you even try to contact Big Fish? Maybe the trial for the game ends on level 4? Which wouldn't be Big Fish Games doing but Youda's.

Anyhow. I loved the game. Did have to repeat a level. I actually beat it in 2 hours so I was a little sad it was over! I did collect all the party favors I could find during game play. The key is that if you collect 10 party favors while you are collecting items for delivery you will have 10 party favors while delivering them to the store. You have to complete the puzzles for the bonus round and you have to collect as many products during the bonus round as you can in order to get the trophy and new colors for the truck.

Go to: