Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: Rise of the Snow Queen Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by kareyingalls_15 on Jan 13, 12 11:29 AM
I cannot get passed chapter 5 in (the stairs scene) I see the jewel box and the framed glass on the wall. I can't get anything to work in this scene. When I go to the map it doesn't show anything either. It seems to have stopped working. Can anyone help me? I noticed a couple of other posts have had the same problem is the game defective?
Thanks Karey

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 14, 12 4:30 PM
kareyingalls_15 wrote:I cannot get passed chapter 5 in (the stairs scene) I see the jewel box and the framed glass on the wall. I can't get anything to work in this scene. When I go to the map it doesn't show anything either. It seems to have stopped working. Can anyone help me? I noticed a couple of other posts have had the same problem is the game defective?
Thanks Karey

Some people have had some problems if they got the tower key from Kai before they got the last goblet. I haven't heard of any problems actually in the tower (but I haven't read every single post in this game's forum, either). *EDIT* OK, I just saw an earlier post in this thread witrh the same issue, so maybe it is a glitch.

I do kind of remember that nothing seemed to work for me in that scene initially, too. I think I just closed the game and rebooted my computer, then tried again and it worked fine. I think the spot on the round glass panel was a bit of a pixel hunt, but I just kept clicking and eventually got it. Also, I think "noticing" the round glass panel is what triggers the hidden object scene.

Edited on 01/14/2012 at 4:34:28 PM PST

[Post New]by kareyingalls_15 on Jan 15, 12 7:04 AM
Thank you for the reply I will keep trying with the suggestions that have been made. It just seems funny that after re-starting and re-installing the game that something should have worked by now.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 15, 12 8:48 PM
kareyingalls_15 wrote:Thank you for the reply I will keep trying with the suggestions that have been made. It just seems funny that after re-starting and re-installing the game that something should have worked by now.

Sometimes it helps to uninstall both the game and the BFG Game Manager. Then redownload the game from BFG and reinstall it. The Game Manager will reinstall automatically when you install the game. Good luck!

[Post New]by Jenks1677 on May 15, 12 6:26 AM
CALYAD wrote:Well I got to chapter seven and can't find the last jewel, so stuck. Any tips or suggestions? The guide won't solve my question.

[Post New]by forcelady3 on Jun 21, 12 10:34 PM
cant find the 4 jewel to in chapter 7, can some one help

[Post New]by buddaluv315 on Jun 26, 12 8:03 PM
well i really not sure level or stage i'm on but i'v done every thing an i'm at the place to free the kids an the sledgehammer i have will not let me break the wall so i'm stuck an i also have the pend it, it dose nothing in the church ...can anyone help me to move on in the game ? or is this what happen's when ordering a game ...this is not my first time

[Post New]by Mamasooz on Apr 3, 13 6:57 PM
I am at the end of chapter 7...found all the globes and placed them correctly but didn't get the ancient globe so I can't go on. Any suggestions? I really don't want to start over!

[Post New]by Mamasooz on Apr 3, 13 7:05 PM
I found the ancient globe.

[Post New]by johnwest57 on Feb 16, 14 8:56 AM
Mamasooz wrote:I am at the end of chapter 7...found all the globes and placed them correctly but didn't get the ancient globe so I can't go on. Any suggestions? I really don't want to start over!

Go to: