lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Rise of the Snow Queen Collector's technical issues here only

[Post New]by lindiana on Dec 2, 11 1:50 AM
I just downloaded the game to try it and it says "Trial Expired".

I did not even get to try it for one second.

Update: Oh, I fixed it. I just uninstalled it and downloaded it again.

Edited on 12/02/2011 at 1:38:37 PM PST

stavvi
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Rise of the Snow Queen Collector's technical issues here only

[Post New]by stavvi on Dec 2, 11 2:08 AM
Thank you so much JirafaVanidosa - I will check it out, and hopefully I can play the Snow Queen and other games that had problems saving - thank you once more for your help.

Edited on 12/02/2011 at 2:10:29 AM PST

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Dec 2, 11 5:48 AM
You are very welcome, Stavvi! Some people have shared it with me and I`m glad to share it with you. Happy gaming!

[Post New]by DuchessJ on Dec 2, 11 8:52 AM
I downloaded this today and it has immediately come up in my game manager as "Trial Expired." I wondered whether I might have played the trial before and forgotten (yes, it's happened before!), but since this is a new CE release today that seems unlikely. Has anyone found a fix for this? It sounds like a fun game and I'd love to actually try it.

ETA: Restarting seems to have fixed the problem! When I brought up the game manager again, everything is working properly.

Edited on 12/02/2011 at 9:57:02 AM PST

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 2, 11 12:56 PM
I just did the demo version but I noticed that sometimes when the characters are talking their lip movements aren't quite synced up with the sound....I noticed it with the kids in the locked shed. After you release them and they are talking, the boy's lips are still moving even after he's done "talking". But this is minor really.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 2, 11 1:03 PM
Hey lindiana,

Please try exiting out of the Game Manager and bringing it back up to see if this will reset the Trial time for you. If not, you may want to try Download a Trial Game

Or feel free to get in touch with Tech Support. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Antialis on Dec 2, 11 2:01 PM
I have the same issue as sitngulfside.
I'm at Chapter 5 and can't get any further, as one of the HoS aren't available - more specifically the one where I need to find the last goblet.
Please help.
Thanks

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Dec 2, 11 4:34 PM
Game froze on me when going to pick up the first object in the first scene (sigh).

[Post New]by loopynemo75 on Dec 3, 11 1:59 AM
lindiana wrote:I just downloaded the game to try it and it says "Trial Expired".

I did not even get to try it for one second.

Update: Oh, I fixed it. I just uninstalled it and downloaded it again.

I had this problem too. And I have had it with other games as well. The very annoying thing is that I have a very sloooooooow pc so it took ages to download in the first place! I will try uninstalling and reinstalling as you suggest as it seems to have worked for you. By the time I have done this though I will probably have aged considerably.....

[Post New]by hislastlullaby on Dec 3, 11 6:04 PM
Chapter 5 issue.

I also am having an issue with Chapter 5. There is supposed to be a HoS; I followed the walk through after I spent a good hour trying to figure out what to do next, and realized there was nothing else to do. The HoS just won't pop up.

Did I miss something or is this a glitch?

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Dec 4, 11 10:02 AM
I'm with you guys. I cannot open the last HOS to access the last goblet. I even retraced my steps following the SG hoping that I'd be able to find the place where I missed the goblet but it's just not there. Writing CS now. I feel like I have to talk to them at least 2x a month anymore and this computer is pretty new and definitely UTD.

[Post New]by jvaughansc on Dec 5, 11 7:27 PM
Got to Chapter 6 and can't get the guide to give me the axe. I reinstalled the game but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MacLaura on Dec 6, 11 8:49 PM
I hit the same glitch. I was wandering saw the shelf with the HOS puzzle got the tower key, before getting the 6th goblet and now the key has vanished and I can not get the HOS to get the 6th goblet so stuck

This has happened with so many decent games, this a first for a CE game

I have learned not to expect a fix (Sphera. Jack the Ripper etc)

so I see little point in going through another session with BFG tech - it isn't their problem. The developers should address it.

*update* I deleted my game and installed the updated version. It does not address this issue. So no help there. The voice issue might have been annoying but it did not lock the game down. This is a coding/logic bug that shuts people's game totally down.

Edited on 12/06/2011 at 9:16:59 PM PST

[Post New]by hislastlullaby on Dec 7, 11 3:07 PM
I feel as if this goblet issue is being ignored... I've never had this happen before, and am beyond dissapointed, as I have been waiting for the Third installment of Dark Parables since I finished The Exiled Prince.

[Post New]by hislastlullaby on Dec 8, 11 1:32 PM
I had to go back and replay all the way to chapter four, and make sure NOT to get the key from Kai and the HoS appeared.

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MacLaura on Dec 8, 11 2:47 PM
Ahhh, so it wasn't completing the HOs - it was getting the key from Kai. Still any action within the game that is available should not trigger a bug regardless of the sequence. If they did not want people to a do a thing - they should have coded the key from Kai only to appear after the 6th goblet was gotten.

So it is still a problem within the game path.

c_r_b
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by c_r_b on Dec 9, 11 10:31 AM
I start the game, it fades from black to a green screen. Lovely music, but obviously completely unplayable. Win7, fairly new, don't think I've ever had a problem like that before.

cjmajor49
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by cjmajor49 on Dec 11, 11 9:05 PM
jvaughansc wrote:Got to Chapter 6 and can't get the guide to give me the axe. I reinstalled the game but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

I ran into this problem, too. Has anyone figured it out yet?

[Post New]by awsumpawsum on Dec 13, 11 2:40 PM
cjmajor49 wrote:
jvaughansc wrote:Got to Chapter 6 and can't get the guide to give me the axe. I reinstalled the game but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

Same here. Spent hours to get here and bam. Kind of takes the fun out of the game.
Not the 1st game I've played with issues. Hay BF what's up with this.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Dec 13, 11 3:22 PM
awsumpawsum wrote:
cjmajor49 wrote:

Same here. Spent hours to get here and bam. Kind of takes the fun out of the game.
Not the 1st game I've played with issues. Hay BF what's up with this.

You all did free the children, didn't you? He won't give you the axe until the children are free.

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 3:23:07 PM PST

Go to: