pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Reviews for Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres

[Post New]by pattyjo on Dec 2, 11 6:01 PM
I don't think this is a new game? Right?

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Dec 2, 11 6:35 PM
It's a new SE game but the CE version was released on Nov. 4, 2011.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 3, 11 12:19 AM
Tundei wrote:
Yosemite1956c wrote:Nyet....not a very interesting game.

yep, pretty boring for me too

These aren`t reviews.

Why not tell us why you don't find the game interesting, and why you think it's boring? If you can't or don't want to give a proper review, then add your comments in the "Comments" thread.

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on Dec 3, 11 3:11 AM
Funnily I do manage to get through most of my days without the need of an hour glass, a fan, a pipe or a butterfly but most games devs do not seem able to !!! I did play in expert mode and although they say there are non, there are still sparkles - but maybe less than the casual mode. Apart from the same old, same old objects the **** games are challenging and some objects need further play to find them which makes it a bit more interesting. If you find your mind wandering to more exciting tasks in life then you can switch game mode by clicking on the dice in the corner. This will get you through the **** scene more quickly and I did this occassionally to relieve the boredom. Having said all that, this is a great game which is involved and interesting, flicking from century to century to find objects needed to proceed. It looks like it may be a decent length too. The hint button points you in the right direction without too much hand holding so I found it helpful enough when I found myself wandering aimlessly. The demo hour went by very quickly and I will definately be buying this one.

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Dec 3, 11 3:40 AM
I think this is a good game in many ways except for the hidden object scenes. Interesting story travelling through the same places over the centuries, great graphics, rather repetetive music, quickly reloading hints etc. However, the hidden object scenes are a bit crowded with decorative objects and I found myself using the alternative match 3 more than I liked to help get through the list. I think it is worth a buy but wonder if I have enough patience to labour through so many elaborate hidden object scenes.

Edited on 12/03/2011 at 3:42:02 AM PST

allielubaka
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by allielubaka on Dec 3, 11 9:33 AM
This is an absolutely excellent SE game. The hint button is really helpful. The game goes back and forth in time, which keeps the game 'alive' and active. It is a looong playing game, so more than worth the price. Definetly a recommend!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Dec 3, 11 10:29 AM
This game was out about a month ago as C E, and I have missed it, I was playing other games, so I am glad is out now as SE, definetly worth it!
The music is a bit repetitive, some of the nouns to describe the object are not complete or exact, es: cone, it's actually a pinecone, but I was searching for a geometrical figure, "fan" , ok because of the time period, you figure is the paperfan, and so on,,,. I think it's a good game and the ideas are grabbing you to keep playing and discover the trail to the end, the graphics are quite good, and so the puzzle!

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Dec 3, 11 11:30 AM
I am sorry but I must disagree with the majority on this game. I read the reviews before I purchased this game and they were good. A big mistake. Shortly after purchasing the game I came to realize this is the most confusing, rediculous game I have ever tried to play. The game woefully prepares you for when you start the time traveling. I was so totally confused that it became necessary to consult the hint button before every move. Then it just takes you from one mind numbing hidden object scene to another. Easily the worst game I have ever purchased not due to a tech problem which made it unplayable.

Edited on 12/03/2011 at 11:34:36 AM PST

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Dec 3, 11 8:20 PM
Bought CE.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 4, 11 3:43 AM
This is from Artifex Mundi & normally would be an instant buy but I was not keen on the artwork; it was rather washed out & the graphics a little grainy & blurred on my monitor, particularly in the hidden object scenes.

There are two modes of play, regular with sparkles & an instant hint button & expert where only the hidden objects have sparkles & the hint is so fast that it is almost an instantaneous refill.

You receive a diary with notes & an objective list; later in the game, once you have the time device it will show you maps of the rooms & you can travel to different time periods.

I turned the music down as it did not really suit the game & was rather overly dramatic; something a little more subtly suspenseful would have been nicer; the background sounds are very good. There are some voiceovers & they were fine.

The H0 are rather like junk piles & it is difficult to find many of the objects however if you wish you can press on a ‘dice’ button & play a match 3 game instead which will delete objects one by one from the list.

All in all there is a lot to do in this game & a lot to remember with different time periods to visit & tasks to complete but I am still on the fence as to whether to buy because of the artwork.

zed3
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by zed3 on Dec 5, 11 7:54 AM
WOW ! What a brilliant game. I haven't enjoyed a game so much for ages. Great story and really liked the time travelling device. Good music and English voice over. Highly enjoyable and worth the money.

Twikey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Twikey on Dec 5, 11 9:31 AM
After trying so many of the latest games this one is a buy for me it has all I appreciate in HOG, interesting story and the hint button works faster than I have ever known in a game, I am still only 30 mins into the game but I know what I like and I like this one! Didn't bother with the CE and waited for the cheaper version but it is worth it!

Edited on 12/05/2011 at 9:35:58 AM PST

[Post New]by hideobjectaddict on Dec 5, 11 12:11 PM
Tundei wrote:

Ditto, don't see much that could compare to our other games from this dev. Just a let down. Seems like a game these devs have taken out of the closet from the early days & dusted off. Much more out there to enjoy for me, imho. Happy gaming pondmates!

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Dec 5, 11 12:41 PM
I actually enjoyed the game. I thought the graphics were good & it really wasn't a dark & eerie game. It kept me interested enough to finish it & left room for a part 2.

Edited on 12/05/2011 at 12:41:32 PM PST

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Dec 6, 11 2:24 PM
A long game for the money and with a different perspective. Skipping through all the time periods made a change, especially when you alter one by doing something in another. I thought this a good twist.
I was impressed with the option or either playing a hidden object scene or switching instead to a match 3.
I think the devs did a grand job with this game (apart from the dreary music) and I look forward to the next instalment as it is a To Be Continued.

uschina
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by uschina on Dec 7, 11 8:42 AM
HOGs, HOGs, HOGs all through the game, sorry but how can clicking HOGscenes
be called a GAME????

Please developers make also games for the people who only want Adventure/Puzzle Games.

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Dec 8, 11 12:46 PM
Tundei wrote:

omg....what game were the two of you playing....this game was very interesting in my opinion...this game is just what a CE should be and i don't buy CE's that often...It was very lenghthy. It was very interesting...The graphics were beautiful...The mini games and HOG scenes were very good....and it held my attention from beginning to end. If you think the game is not interesting please tell why you think that...because it was a good game for me and apparently all the others that wrote good reviews...in fact i came in here before buying to see what everyone wrote ...of course there was a long thread right after it came out but maybe it got too long for Big Fish to keep and they took the older posts out of this thread.

Happy Gaming Fishies

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Dec 8, 11 12:55 PM
uschina wrote:HOGs, HOGs, HOGs all through the game, sorry but how can clicking HOGscenes
be called a GAME????

Please developers make also games for the people who only want Adventure/Puzzle Games.

Maybe you don't know this but there is an entire section of just adventure games that have no **** scenes in them

[Post New]by Silver_Sage on Dec 8, 11 10:18 PM
janey3315 wrote:
uschina wrote:HOGs, HOGs, HOGs all through the game, sorry but how can clicking HOGscenes
be called a GAME????

Maybe you don't know this but there is an entire section of just adventure games that have no **** scenes in them

Where are they? When I look at the list of adventure games, they are still mostly HOGS, with a little puzzle & adventure thrown in. I truly appreciate your comment, but I could use a little help in finding this section. Please! The HOGS give me eye strain, but I love the puzzles and adventure.

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

To be continued? NOT A COMPLETE GAME

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on Dec 10, 11 7:32 PM
Most "continued" games at least have a denouement and continue from there in the next release. THIS ONE remains completely unresolved as to the games stated original goal. Goal NOT achieved! So you must PAY TWICE for the complete game ... or will that be 3 times? THIS IS A PARTIAL GAME.

Go to: