Re:Post any 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by calmasthebreeze on Dec 4, 11 4:15 PM
As soon as it gets to the page where we are suppose to put in our name and then play, it is all flickery and staticky looking, you cant even see what the page really looks like or push any of the buttons that can even be seen.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 4, 11 11:54 PM
dixieangels wrote:I don't know where to go with this problem, have never had it before, but when I go to the page to download this game for a trial, there is NO BUY or TRIAL BUTTON . Has anyone else ever had this problem? I have signed out of my account, signed back in, used my husband's desktop computer and still no go. HELP!!!

I had the same problem recently. It seems BF either hadn't updated my account or just had a glitch but it was exactly the same. A few hours later the buttons came back. Frustrating though eh?

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 5, 11 4:34 AM
This is a new one for me too..playing happily and started to hear a high pitch sound coming from the computer..coming and going., When I stopped the game, no sound. All is fine. Any thoughts?
kris

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 5, 11 6:04 AM
bfgHondo wrote:Hi dixieangels,

This game is currently our Today's Game Tomorrow, which means that it is available only to our Game Club members.

-bfgHondo

Hi Honda

Shouldn't that be "Tomorrow's Game Today"?

[Post New]by lehmanr on Dec 5, 11 10:40 AM
nomatt wrote:A third install doesn't wok either. If I press the windows key to get back to my desktop it is running on the taskbar as 'AppWndTitle'. If I cloe that it retuns to the GM and has counted down the time but it will not play at all.

Has anyone figured this issue out? I have the same problem.

FlatSlewFoot
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,559 Posts

[Post New]by FlatSlewFoot on Dec 5, 11 10:53 AM
My freeze happened in the lab and went like this:

I came in there for the first time and picked up the symbol and put the handle on the valve. Looked around at things, picked up the empty jar that looks like an inkwell and put it back. didn't put the bottle of azeus i had in the inventory on the table. left to see what the symbol would do when put in place. got the bottle of vindis or whatever it was from under the symbol brick....went back to the lab and the spinning gear cursor came up and it told me the apparatus needed the valve i had just put on it a few minutes before. Couldn't get the game going normally again.

I haven't been back in it because I had to power down to get the durn game shut off as task manager would not come up and i wasn't up to immediately having to go through all that again

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 5, 11 1:40 PM
Valdy wrote:

This game is currently our Today's Game Tomorrow, which means that it is available only to our Game Club members.

-bfgHondo

Hi Honda

Yep, fixed! Also, shouldn't that be "Hondo"?

-bfgHondo

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Dec 5, 11 10:18 PM
When I downloaded the game on one of my Windows XP computers I only got the black screen when I tried to play. When I pressed the start key and the game minimized, the label read "AppWindTitle" instead of the name of the game as it usually does when I minimize games. Maybe this can help someone figure out where the problem is on certain computers. The game ran with no trouble on my other desktop. This has happened with other games too so XP is not the problem. Both pcs are running the new game manager so that is not it either. There is something different about the one computer that is preventing it from running certain games. Someday I'll take some time to figure it out.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 6, 11 1:53 AM
bfgHondo wrote:
Valdy wrote:

-bfgHondo

Hi Honda

Yep, fixed! Also, shouldn't that be "Hondo"?

-bfgHondo

hahaha... you've got me there! I must have been thinking of a certain company that makes vroom vroom vroom. LOL

[Post New]by nanajane10 on Dec 6, 11 10:52 AM
in some of the rooms, the screen is all white and can't see to play, so i am stuck, what to do?

[Post New]by rosiep114 on Dec 6, 11 11:20 AM
When I go into the room underneath - I need to collect the two crystals - I collected one - but cannot collect the second one. Another part of the game I need "3" crystals and I only have 2. I cannot move on. HELP!

[Post New]by Buffalo12980 on Dec 8, 11 5:16 AM
video card drivers are up to date. running windows vista professional. load screen freezes must press ctl-alt-del to get out of it. at main screen images seem to be trying to load over what's already there. had same problem with return to ravenhurst. other two games I have no problem.

[Post New]by Mamie112 on Dec 8, 11 10:41 PM
Hi, I'm playing through the game on the Advanced setting. I got to the scene in the Library where you are supposed to use the crystal twice to expell the demon. I used the crystal once fine but on the second one my game froze and I can't get the crystal to work. It flashes and freezes the scene but I can exit out of the library and continue with other puzzles. I had a slight freeze the two other times I had to use the crystal, but it worked fine until now. Not sure what do as I cannot continue the game without expelling the demon.

[Post New]by dryw_s on Dec 20, 11 12:29 AM
I also have Windows7m 64b, I played the dickens downloading it, it kept telling me my time was up even after I paid for it. Did the uninstall, install a few times, and it would play great until I went to leave the game; major freeze. I ended up with a black screen with a white window, ended up having to shut down completely. Made sure my updates were fine. Tried again, it happened again. I finally got back on and uninstalled it. I really liked the game, too, so it's too bad. Wish I would have discovered this before paying for a CE, I had two choices and picked this one. Other games playing fine. Ah well. Next time a new CE comes out, I'll wait until others play it for a few days so I can decide what to buy.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 23, 11 3:41 PM
I got to "The End" and then....black screen with perfectly working game cursor and nothing else.....finally had to end the game through Ctl Alt Del.....what's up with that. Also very choppy at last battle. Don't even know if extra content was opened. Guess I'll try it again and see.

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Dec 30, 11 5:38 PM
bought this game. As a trial played OK I am fighting the dragon trying to eliminate the skulls. I cannot get rid of the skulls I click on them time and time again plus the game seems to be running slow how can I get pass this as you cannot skip

vals2010
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vals2010 on Dec 31, 11 1:25 PM
I have also had a lot of problems with it freezing, which is very annoying. Also, it jumps a lot, which really goes for the eyes. Not something I would have expected with a Collectors Edition fro BFG. If it wasn't for these problems, it would be a great game, but at the moment it's not.

[Post New]by oldmanwinter130 on Jan 1, 12 9:09 AM
I'm having problems playing the game. It downloaded great, but as I play things stop me from going forward. 1st I clicked on the paper that is supposed to give me the guide to the ghost in the library, it disappeared couldn't go any further in the game. I uninstalled/reinstalled and played to the same point, was able to get the guide to defeat the ghost, then after the ghost has it's fit I was unable to get the garlic, I clicked on it and it to vanished, so now I can't make the potion to get rid of the werewolf. does BF have a patch for this game? guess I will uninstall and go on to another game and see if I have better luck!

jakeflake
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jakeflake on Jan 2, 12 1:36 AM
Have had some problems with the game freezing but waited a few minutes and it resolved itself, but I got to the end with the flying skulls and according to the guide there are three waves of skulls but it just keeps on going back to another set of skulls and am now still trying to get it to move on after lots and lots of waves of skulls is there anything I can do to resolve this, I don't want to uninstall the game and start again when I have got so far.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 18, 12 11:15 PM
I played with no problems then in the village straight after the blacksmith appears I can't get out of the scene, the arrow won't change so I can go backwards. The curser does change to hand going in the inventory and I can access the main menu etc but as the game saved in that place I can't get out!

Go to: