bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:Reviews for Christmas Wonderland 2

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 12, 11 8:47 AM
I bought the first one last year and enjoyed it. However, if anyone thinks this is for kids, think again. The mini games were definately "kid" oriented and simple, but the HOGs were quite the challenge. Some items were small/hidden and therefore made the game, at least for me, tedious and frustrating. I ended up using the hint just to move the game along. No buy for me, maybe if it pops up on DD for $2.99.

I could definately see the HOGs being very frustrating for a child. The graphics were clear, but HOGs were very cluttered. Music drove me nuts.

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Dec 12, 11 10:59 AM
Very well done! Graphics are excellent! All different kinds of minis and puzzles games. Very relaxing type HOG! Great job Developer!

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Dec 12, 11 11:11 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 2:34:20 AM PST

[Post New]by macalove on Dec 21, 11 1:00 PM
Sorry guys, but i dislike this game. Its' very easy and BOOORING, shame on me but maybe with the KIDS this game will play much more better...

[Post New]by pollittle on Dec 24, 11 7:20 AM
Very easy Christmas game. It's take to me 50 minutes to pass it. FOR KIDS!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Nov 25, 12 4:57 PM
Way too much stuff, some items are almost impossible to see - my eyesight is not that great.

It's a no-buy for me. I don't want to play a game where I am so overwhelmed with junk and simply wait for the Hint Button to refill.

It's also got a nasty rapid-click penalty. What ever happened to "tis the season..."?

Addendum: I changed my mind because of the good reviews. As it's the DD today I've purchased it. Maybe it has something I'm missing. Also, I am happy about the Nativity scenes. I can't even find those in the stores where I live. No angels. Nothing religious. And that is a real shame.

Edited on 11/25/2012 at 10:02:53 PM PST

KatzHome
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by KatzHome on Dec 7, 12 5:37 AM
kdubs wrote:I bought the original last year. That game and this one are both just nice straight HOGs, nothing interactive, just pure Hidden Object fun.

I think the graphics are excellent and items IMO are fairly sized, nothing tiny. But the scenes are very very busy. Hints are gathered by finding the Candy Canes in each scenes and there are usually at least 2 in each scene. Also find the Santa in each scene.

The goal is to collect items to complete a Nativity Scene. The items are listed in some HOG scenes, so no stress trying to spot what those items might be in amongst all the objects scattered about in each scene. You can see how that's progressing in the dropdown bar.

The music is upbeat, traditional Christmas music but with a bouncy flair. The music in Scene 7 really had me smiling.

There are mini-games after every HOscene, with skip buttons if you don't care for the game. They are easy inbetweeners -- so far I've seen a jigsaw, memory matching, rotate pieces to complete a picture, Spot the Difference, and put the reindeers in their correct spots.

One thing in options that might appeal to some, you can choose whether to turn off the string of flashing Christmas lights around the border of each HOG scene. I personally enjoy those little blinking lights, but what a great option to offer. I tested one scene without those lights and it seemed to make it a little less busy, but I missed them, so back on they went.

I'm going to add this cheerful little game to my seasonal game collection.

Which one is scene 7?

Swtmb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by Swtmb on Jul 3, 13 5:25 PM
I really enjoyed this hidden object game, lots to do, fun for the kids and adults, with very little frustration. Try it!

Go to: