Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Post any Mountain Crime: Requital technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on Dec 12, 11 1:56 PM
Up date. I contacted live support as per bfgHondo. I deleted the game (again) and deleted the saved files for the game. I then reinstalled with high hopes for being able to play this game. I got the same access violation I got 3 times before. I'll try 1 more time, but not expecting miracles. I've downloaded about 180 games and never had this much trouble. What a shame, as it does look like a good game.

redrose88
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by redrose88 on Dec 12, 11 2:32 PM
Yeah I got it. Had to contact technical support. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game about five times.

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Dec 12, 11 2:47 PM
Just downloaded and i am outside the hotel.When i clicked on the grass it sent me back to the menue page.No big deal.Just don't click on the grass. Just thaught i would mention it.

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Dec 12, 11 2:51 PM
I get a access violation to.

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Dec 12, 11 4:02 PM
I received the acessviolation at 0x004EA894 (tried to read from 0x00000004), program terminated. OM goodness have no idea what to do. HELP!

Vallarina

[Post New]by zillah13 on Dec 12, 11 4:11 PM
I'm having the same problem as everyone else: played the trial and then bought the full version. Got the "access violation" error, tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times and keep getting the same error. Not happy.

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Dec 12, 11 4:19 PM
Same gobbledy-**** as before. Uninstalled and re-ined but no luck. Tried this game before and couldn't play than either. Slow cursur(I can see why it is called that) and would not pick up items. No buy for me.

viclynn17
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by viclynn17 on Dec 12, 11 4:30 PM
Just adding my name just like the rest. Have uninstalled and installed again. Demo fine then Error:access violation. This happens a lot here. Has anyone found a cure. I bought the game after they said they had things fixed.

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Dec 12, 11 5:07 PM
This is the first time I have had any issues with a download. I have reinstalled the game 3 times. I have gone to tech help and had DRFelix investigate the problem. I have received a confirmation number for my inquiry. Hope to have it resolved within 72 hours. YIKES! I have always been satisfied with BFG help and support, so I will be patient and know this will be resloved. Every now and then life hits you with a bump and i guess this is mine atm.
Thanks BFG for being there and continue the support you give your customers.
I will keep on gaming with all the other fishies.
Vallarina

I will keep the faith BFG!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 12, 11 5:37 PM
I played approximately 58 minutes of this game, stopped and purchased at 3:34 am CST this morning. Went back in and played the remaining minutes and got the "congrats, buy" screen like so many others. I waited to see (until aproximately 4:oopm this afternoon) what the fix would be. New Version! GREAT. Un-installed the d/l, searched for files not taken out by the uninstall and RE-D/L-ed the new version. VIOLATION ERROR! All told tried this same routine 3 times which is usually my limit. Talked to live chat and was given directions to find "hidden files" to remove. Okay willing to try that. Found the folder but it had no Mountain Crime files in it to be removed. Went back to chat (I really wanted to play this game) and was told I had two options. Either run a Dr Felix and wait or get a replacement code. I chose the code because I don't see why the demo played beautifully for at least an hour and the new version won't play at all. I'm disappointed but I'm also tired of the hassle. Except for all the time and aggravation I guess I broke even. Some days that's the best you can do.
BK

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 5:39:37 PM PST

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Dec 12, 11 6:28 PM
I installed the update and went in under a new name but it is so sluggish and my cursor is difficult to control.

Joanken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Joanken on Dec 12, 11 6:45 PM
Add my name to the list of disappointed "fishes". Did all the suggested fixes to no avail.

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Dec 12, 11 6:58 PM
Same problem as others with access violation - program terminated.

Any fix?
Thanks,
Kathey

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Dec 12, 11 7:02 PM
I kind of envy those who were at least able to play the demo. I've tried three times and each time the game froze up as soon as I reached the hotel grounds. I don't think any game is worth all this hassle, so I won't be trying it again.

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Dec 12, 11 7:12 PM
I don't get an access violation, however, even after purchasing the game I still get the "thanks for playing the demo. I even tried creating a new profile.

edit:I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. NOW I get the access violation. I've already submitted a ticket requesting the reimbursement of the coupon I used.

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 8:35:02 PM PST

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Dec 12, 11 8:00 PM
I played the demo with no problems, then when I bought the game it wouldn't let me go any farther, I get the access violation code and it says program terminated.

ehinger
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by ehinger on Dec 12, 11 8:25 PM
Come on BFG - this is just plain silly!

I play the demo to ensure that the purchased version of the game will run on my machine. So as usual, I played the demo with no problems, and then purchased the game. When whamo, I get an access violation error and the game won't start.

Do you guys test games at all anymore? I'm starting to have my doubts.

No it's not my computer, no I'm not going to do the green envelope either - it's not my computer. Just fix the darn game or I want my money back.

Disgusted.

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Dec 12, 11 8:35 PM
ehinger wrote:Come on BFG - this is just plain silly!

I play the demo to ensure that the purchased version of the game will run on my machine. So as usual, I played the demo with no problems, and then purchased the game. When whamo, I get an access violation error and the game won't start.

Do you guys test games at all anymore? I'm starting to have my doubts.

No it's not my computer, no I'm not going to do the green envelope either - it's not my computer. Just fix the darn game or I want my money back.

Disgusted.

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Dec 12, 11 9:03 PM
Ok...this is my fourth time uninstalling and reinstalling. I give up.
I googled "access violation program terminated big fish games", and you'd be surprised at how many articles there are under the search. There are even recent posts regarding Mountain Crime. Almost all of the access violation program terminated errors refer to Big Fish.
I have uninstalled everything, including under hidden files. I deleted the "recyclers". Everytime I try to play the game, it immediately gives me the error and takes me back to the game manager," you own this game".
Nothing seems to work.
I know Big Fish customer service is by far the best I've encountered, and I guess asking for a credit will be my final resort since I'm unable to play the game at all.
By the way, I even tried downloading just the "demo" to at least TRY the game, but the "full version" downloaded, and same access violation error.
Thanks,
Kathey

Tenmousers
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Tenmousers on Dec 12, 11 9:06 PM
Me too! This is pissing me off....Takes forever to download in the first place.

Sonseeahray27 wrote:Hi! Same problem as the others: I reinstalled the new version of Mountain Crime and I am unable to play it because an Access violation message pops up. I uninstalled and reinstalled it three times: same message. Then I uninstalled the game manager and reinstalled it. Same message.
This is frustrating........

Go to: