Reviews for Pickers

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:Reviews for Pickers: Adventures in Rust

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Dec 13, 11 3:59 PM
QuiltGoddess66 wrote:I love this game. Bought as soon as the trial was over and I'm starting my second time through. It took about 6 hours to finish the first time and now I want to find all the 2 piece treasures. Plus I want to get all the achievements.

Thumbs up from me!

Ditto for me. I have been playing all afternoon. I love being able to set prices based on what I know, auctioning bought items that are not selling and am looking forward to finding plus items that I can sell at a higher price. Just lovin' this game. So different from what I normally buy.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

Re:Reviews for Pickers

[Post New]by mkastor on Dec 13, 11 4:19 PM
I played for an hour in my desperation to see something other than a dark HOG game. Not a seller for me. I'll wait for a TM game to come out...someday!

tntbledsoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tntbledsoe on Dec 13, 11 5:47 PM
I love it. It's a definite buy for me. I watch this show with my husband all the time and while I don't really get the show but I love hidden object games and am getting bored with the ones that have been offered lately. I like that I can select the objects that I need. The replayability is great. Off to buy!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 14, 11 7:04 AM
I must be one of few, maybe ...but after the demo have gone to purchase! ...I am an avid watcher of the show 'Pickers' and a search for 'collectectables' is usually in very strange off-beat places...if u can frequent an 'antique' store in 'real life' and buy 'off the shelf'...then it takes out the 'search' factor and fun...yes the sceens with the items could way be cleaned up as some to fuzzy to really see, but IMO that is why ... and so if real clear than it would be no 'game' to it...end up being a 'point and click' kinda game ...this is more of a game of your 'own skills' not one to play right thru and be over it...but also a challenge to a 'picker' ...so am gone to play...to those that like the game...happy SHOPPING!

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Dec 14, 11 8:11 AM
Good game but I'm just not the TM type.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Dec 14, 11 10:49 AM
Fun game... didn't even have to play the full demo before deciding to use a credit for same. This game seems more unique in game play, then some of the others within its genre that I've played in the past. Anyway,

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 14, 11 3:42 PM
So far, so fun for me. Something different in gameplay, more interesting than the other Antique store games. Fun for me because I was in this business for over 30 years, buying low in many market for resale in my markets, and had my own shop for some years, or renting space in malls. Fun occupation if you love to shop and buy, you don't have to keep, run rejects through auctions or, just buy what you like in case it never sells

The HOS are a bit grainy and difficult, but that's the point if you have a good eye for items, and if you know your market. That's the challenge here, what market, altho it gives tips as to what's "hot", like hardware, which was difficult to spot. I did find a saw then hit a wrong button I think, and lost it. Maybe I put it back. I had a bit of trouble understanding scant instructions before proceeding to the next series and quit. My "hot" category would be pottery, hand painted items so maybe the next locations change. I had fun combining items to sell or buy together, which in my experience gets more profit (if you pay too much for one and way low on another, averages out).

I'll be finishing the demo and probably getting it with a punch credit for something out of my worn out genre. Add to Light and Fun suggestions. Hate to admit I've seen the program only once some time ago, not sure it is still on my new cable lineup. Anyway, I was comfortable with it and found no faults other than confused how to play so that takes more time than a demo for me. Guess I'll have to buy it

leslie48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by leslie48 on Dec 15, 11 12:54 PM
I am really enjoying this game! Very different from most of the other ones. I get tired of all the 'horror', gloom and doom in so many of the games out now--this one is a nice change! I knew I would buy it within 20 minutes of the trial!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 15, 11 1:30 PM
I just read in my game newsletter that there are Tips and Tricks and a walkthrough for this game. Should be helpful since some instructions aren't too clear in the game itself. You can probably find it googling name of game and walkthrough. Site starts with a G. I started on Player normal, and trying Zen, quite different and easier to learn the basics.

Fun game and new twist on HOGs.

mitzi460
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by mitzi460 on Dec 16, 11 6:27 AM
I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. There are several ways to play and provide me the opportunity to challenge myself in a variety of ways. You can pair items, look only for what is being asked for and eventually move into the expert mode where you play against more experienced players. I have already spent 3 days playing this game and keep finding different ways to approach it.

[Post New]by msfaeriedust on Dec 17, 11 6:41 PM
I downloaded this game out of boredom and wound up buying it. On the downside it got a tad repetitive after a while. I also didn't understand what made you get the jackpot bonus when doing an auction (I wish the instructions explained this). I also wish there was a "hint" button for when you don't know where else to look for an item from the "hot" category (whose store to visit). Some of the categories were a challenge and because of that there is a lot of running back and forth, which I hate.

On the upside, it's a cute game that is fun to play. I liked watching the items I found sell for high prices. I'm about to start my second game (I played the first one on and off for the past few days...it took about 5 hours total I'm guessing).

I also wish I could find all the keys...I made it to 28. Anyone know of a "walk-through" or someplace that could help with this?

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Dec 18, 11 8:49 PM
I really love this game! I played it so much the first day, I dreamt about it!

But.... I really really wish there was a "sandbox mode" where I had all the time in the world to sell what I wanted to because I would LOVE to match all the missing parts together and sell everything just to see how much I could get.

Edited on 12/18/2011 at 9:08:35 PM PST

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Dec 19, 11 8:59 AM
Love this game! Already well into my second go round with this because I didn't want it to end. To me, a very different game. Once I figured out what I had to do, it became addicting. There are several levels to play, even a relaxed mode. I found it challenging when it came to combining to items to make a set and scouring around for the second item. I started to write down where I saw things that may be part of a set, because there's so much stuff, it's hard to remember. Loved restoring things, haggling, turning people down and picking and choosing what I wanted to see and what I didn't. Are there any other games like this? I will probably play this again at some point after I finish this second go round. Each time, they give you differnt goals so it's never the same game twice.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Dec 27, 11 11:10 PM
I think this game can be more challenging than it appears on the surface. I think the more you play it the more you can refine your game. I've played it through then started again. Anyway, someone said it was a time management game but it's not. It's a strategy game.

Jani417
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Jani417 on Jan 2, 12 1:35 AM
I LOVE this game! It's the most fun, frustrating, addictive game I've played in ages. I've had a bit of trouble with the Debug report closing the game, but it is so much fun that I just start over and keep on picking!

I really hope there will be a Pickers 2 very soon.

[Post New]by QuiltGoddess66 on Jan 6, 12 12:21 PM
Jani417 wrote:I LOVE this game! It's the most fun, frustrating, addictive game I've played in ages. I've had a bit of trouble with the Debug report closing the game, but it is so much fun that I just start over and keep on picking!

They better make a Pickers 2!

trexxx
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by trexxx on Jan 6, 12 3:27 PM
They better make a Pickers that works before making a Pickers 2!!!

mahb
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by mahb on Feb 7, 12 1:48 PM
i found this game about a month ago, demoed it and in 20 minutes i purchased it. now i have played it almost everyday since. each time i play it, it is just a little bit different than before. there are 4 different levels to choose from and different items each time. it can be as easy or as differcult as you want. they have hogs that you can choose not to do or wait for certain items to pick from. there is no penalty in stopping the hog and just moving on. i just cant seem to stop playing and all my other games are just sitting there. i just hope they come out with a pickers 2 very soon. the only down side of the game is there is very little instructions on how to play or acheive certain jackpots. other than that its a great game.

[Post New]by Kikiperpie on Mar 23, 12 4:41 PM
QuiltGoddess66 wrote:
Jani417 wrote:I LOVE this game! It's the most fun, frustrating, addictive game I've played in ages. I've had a bit of trouble with the Debug report closing the game, but it is so much fun that I just start over and keep on picking!

They better make a Pickers 2!

I agree ! I've been playing this game for days and am chuffed as I've just completed the expert challenge. This game is so much fun. I especially like combining items as the increment on sale is huge. I am addicted . The challenge to remember where you saw the matching part of that thingamybob, and how much was the profit on that the last time? and the thrill of sale vs auction is a great twist on a HOG. Can't wait for Pickers 2

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Jul 20, 12 1:37 PM
Really like this game but shortly after i purchased it just froze on me. I tried doing a uninstall and reinstall and it took me right back to where it left me when it froze? bummer. My computer is new so not sure what the problem is. Gonna try to reinstall one more time and if that doesn't work guess i will have to contact tech. Really cool game indeed though.

Go to: