Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Dec 15, 11 1:24 PM
DUH. Everything is a bit off. I found it and the knife isn't needed.

Re:Post any Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Monkeymom1000 on Dec 16, 11 8:43 AM
So I decided to purchase full version after playing demo and now after loading I get first error that says "it is not a director file" and second error says "unable to load movie"! Help!!!!!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 16, 11 10:27 AM
Hey Monkeymom1000,

You may want to see if updating your video card might be helpful with the error message you're receiving; here is a help article with more information on this process:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support so that our reps can assist you one-on-one. You may also want to include a Dr. Felix report as well to receive the best help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Rosaleeta on Dec 16, 11 12:22 PM
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this: even running the game in full screen mode and having nothing else running in the backround, my game would randomly minimize to the taskbar and I when I would click it to go back into the game, it would only come back in a small window. I am running 7 home premium, with a very updated video card, so I have no idea what is going on.

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Laylasmum on Dec 16, 11 2:08 PM
I've been getting Adobe Projector not working. The game keeps flashing and pausing.

deader
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by deader on Dec 16, 11 5:08 PM
The right mirror shard half disappeared in the last chapter when i was picking it up.There was an error message that asked if I wanted to continue I picked yes it disappeared and now I can't finish the game.any solutions?

[Post New]by sniffles424 on Dec 16, 11 6:17 PM
Rosaleeta wrote:I don't know if anyone else has experienced this: even running the game in full screen mode and having nothing else running in the backround, my game would randomly minimize to the taskbar and I when I would click it to go back into the game, it would only come back in a small window. I am running 7 home premium, with a very updated video card, so I have no idea what is going on.

I too am having that same issue...any known fixes...would like to play

Twrexx
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Twrexx on Dec 17, 11 12:52 AM
I played the trial version for an hour and then bought the full version. It made me start from the beginning instead of picking up where I left off. I lost everything I did up to that point. This was VERY frustrating!

Nothing but constant problems with your games. So frustrated right now!

[Post New]by ducatichik on Dec 18, 11 9:18 AM
when i clic on certain spots in the game it pauses the game for no reason, than it changes to a small screen and i cant get back to widescreen . i uninstalled twice. its a no buy for now.

[Post New]by NanaRap on Dec 18, 11 3:06 PM
I didn't play the 1 hour demo, I had beta tested this game several months ago and really enjoyed. Bought the game as soon as it came available. My only tech problem is that it pauses during some of the conversations. Other then that I am very happy with the game.

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on Dec 18, 11 3:56 PM
I have had it crash once, and the rag you collect in the beginning always shows up as NOT collected in the Strategy Guide, and something came up that said Director Error Item Not there or something like that, I passed it by, but the game seems to be getting buggierer.

Guybrush
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Guybrush on Dec 18, 11 7:42 PM
I played the demo and after I bought the game it made me start over from the beginning. I hate that.

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on Dec 19, 11 11:24 AM
My game just did this again, its comes up with this DIRECTOR PLAYER ERROR and then beneath that Invalid parameter and then beneath that Script Error and Continue? I have continued and haven't seen anything, just the missing rag in the beginning of the game, well its there and I pick it up but the strategy guide doesn't register it as being picked up. I LOVE this game and I hope the devs do a fix on it.

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on Dec 19, 11 5:01 PM
During speaking sound goes on and off, you know, it pauses and then starts again, its not my computer, everything else is fine with my other games, but this one needs to be redone, and PLEASE someone spell check, BALLLOON only has one L!!!

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Laylasmum on Dec 21, 11 9:15 PM
I can't get it to load now. I get a message too many errors.

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on Dec 24, 11 7:47 PM
I too got the "Come back again" message at start up and when I tried to exit the game, it seemed to load, but all I got was a fuzzy screen and some music for about 5 minutes. Could not exit, even ctrl alt del. Had to shut down my laptop entirely. Not worth messing with. Sloppy coding?

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Dec 28, 11 6:51 PM
I'm on the side balcony outside of the nursery. I picked the sheet music out of the vines with the tweezers. And zap! The sheet music disappeared. I replayed the game under a new identity, and it did the same thing. The sheet music never made it into my inventory. Grrr.....You need the sheet music for the piano in the master bedroom. After clearing this and the other realm of the master bedroom, I believe you get the last glyph. I'm off to ask BFG for a refund, unless they're putting out a revised version in the near future. Did anyone else have this problem?

[Post New]by Fayearnold on Dec 29, 11 7:16 AM
same problem here. I thought I got the knife but it isnt in my stuff. and cant do a thing

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Jan 2, 12 5:05 PM
deader wrote:The right mirror shard half disappeared in the last chapter when i was picking it up.There was an error message that asked if I wanted to continue I picked yes it disappeared and now I can't finish the game.any solutions?
I am having a problem with the mirror also. I placed the last shard and it keeps telling me I need to collect all the shards. According to the strategy guide I should grab the mirror and go to the waterfall, but I can't pick it up. I won't be able to finish the game til I can do this.

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 5:08:04 PM PST

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Jan 2, 12 5:10 PM
desandnrs wrote:
deader wrote:The right mirror shard half disappeared in the last chapter when i was picking it up.There was an error message that asked if I wanted to continue I picked yes it disappeared and now I can't finish the game.any solutions?
I am having a problem with the mirror also. I placed the last shard and it keeps telling me I need to collect all the shards. According to the strategy guide I should grab the mirror and go to the waterfall, but I can't pick it up. I won't be able to finish the game til I can do this.
Glad I did not pay full for this game. Bought it on the Collector;s Edition sale.

Go to: