Re:Group play for Hotel - all are welcome!

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Feb 18, 12 12:48 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
Also, possible related to this; what is the difference between "resume game", and "load game". I've been using "resume" along with the auto-save F2, and so far I haven't lost anything.
Resume is always where you immediately left off. Load is any of a number of saves.

Makes sense! Thank you!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Feb 18, 12 1:23 AM
i would like to play with everyone.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 18, 12 1:31 AM
Welcome! This is coming back to me as I play it. The hint button for locations of interest is excellent.

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 3:01:40 AM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 18, 12 4:30 AM
alvertis5706 - Nice to see you joining us here. I have never used the auto save F2 function in this game to be honest, but I imagine that it saves in a similar way to the HOG/HOPA games, saves over the top of the previous save. You should be fine using this as long as you don't want to go back to a previous save at sometime.

Welcome to group play amj. I hope you fun joining in here.

Nice to see you have found us LovetoMiss Lisa and Mr_Russ. Yeah I think that the hint button comes in very handy too, there are a good number of LFAs that would be great if they had that function too!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Feb 18, 12 4:37 AM
@popla...Please add me in to your player's list.

Just checked in and did a few things, wandered around a bit and did a few more things, now I'm stuck. Guess I need to wander around some more.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 18, 12 4:39 AM
hi sunshinej glad you joined us.

Players list now updated.

Have fun everyone

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 18, 12 4:51 AM
I am joining in myself too. Buying todays DD messed up my punchcard, so I had to start another and picked up Hotel in the sale.

I am having a bit of headache, hope it won't turn into one of those nasty ones , so I will probably make progress VERY slow.

Hi to all my fellow players, I hope we will enjoy this one too.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 18, 12 4:58 AM
@CfG - Those pesky DD's!! Glad to see you joining us though, I hope you enjoy the game. Got my fingers crossed that your headache doesn't turn nasty for you.

I haven't started my play through just yet, I treated myself to a nice shiny new monitor which arrived yesterday. So I am going to be sorting my desk out so it will fit on!! I will be popping in and out till then though.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 18, 12 5:02 AM
I'm just about to start day 3.

ETA Double-click on scrap and don't drag too far.

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 5:58:18 AM PST

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 18, 12 6:22 AM
Hello, everyone! Thanks for setting this up popla27; please add me to your list of players.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 18, 12 6:41 AM
Please add marianne to the players list. Just learned the difference between resume and load. Started early this morning.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 18, 12 6:47 AM
I am at day two now. I am a bit confused tough, yesterday I demoed the game and because my hour was up I didn't get to save my game, so I had to start over. But some things aren't the same, or the order is different.
** yesterday I had a long talk with Matisse at the sofa now I've missed that. Yesterday after hearing Matisse was waiting for a fax I dived into Cateia's(funny how the devs slipped in their name ) office supplies and got me some faxpaper, now I couldn't get it since I haven't talked with Matisse. I did send a photo to my geek and managed to get Matisse out of the crime scene and find a camera there.**
Got reply back from geek and I hope I catch up with Matisse,** don't know how else I will get the fax **
Apparently this game isn't totally linear, guess it will sort itself out.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 18, 12 6:59 AM
sunshine...saw your post on the "hang-out" and replied there....thanks for asking. Appreciate it.

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 7:00:21 AM PST

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 18, 12 7:21 AM
I am starting to replay the game now. I forgot just how good a game this was. Not too hard and fun to play.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 18, 12 7:36 AM
Finished. Someone should teach Jack Allin to spell!

Some things are optional.

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 7:37:19 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 18, 12 7:37 AM
Shucks.....looks like I'm the first to get stuck... . Spoiler: I have the cell phone, camera, docs, hotel memento, plain paper and matches. I used the axe and sent the photo off. I know where the garden tools and office supply pkgs are. And have had the conversation trying to enter the crime scene. End spoiler. Have been wandering around getting no where.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 18, 12 7:38 AM
marianne, ** you've missed something on your room wall (or not realised what you could do with it). **

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 18, 12 7:41 AM
Oooooh.......thanks so much Mr_Russ. Sure am glad you're finished and here to help us.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 18, 12 7:46 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:I am at day two now. I am a bit confused tough, yesterday I demoed the game and because my hour was up I didn't get to save my game, so I had to start over. But some things aren't the same, or the order is different.
** yesterday I had a long talk with Matisse at the sofa now I've missed that. Yesterday after hearing Matisse was waiting for a fax I dived into Cateia's(funny how the devs slipped in their name ) office supplies and got me some faxpaper, now I couldn't get it since I haven't talked with Matisse. I did send a photo to my geek and managed to get Matisse out of the crime scene and find a camera there.**
Got reply back from geek and I hope I catch up with Matisse,** don't know how else I will get the fax **
Apparently this game isn't totally linear, guess it will sort itself out.

I think you're right that talking with Matisse is the trigger for the office supplies, Catfish_girl. I also had to restart and noticed that the first time he disappeare from the couch before I could give him the fax and the second I was able to hand it to him. It didn't seem to matter either way to the game, though.

BTW, good catch on the dev's name!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 18, 12 8:13 AM
<puff><pant><gasp> What a day, I thought I would never get here but

I made it at last , please add me to the list Popla as I am just going to start playing even though I am exhausted so if you go into our hotel room and the bed is occupied, it will be me .

Hi everyone, happy gaming .

Go to: