Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: In Libro

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 17, 11 2:50 PM
I don`t like the game very much. The game has zero hidden object games, but alot good puzzles. For me its a no buy, because I don`t want to play a game with zero hog-scenes.

suss1
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by suss1 on Dec 17, 11 3:21 PM
Even though I am SO tired, I tryed this game out. And my hour just went by. A facinating game, love it, will buy it!!

suss1
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by suss1 on Dec 17, 11 3:21 PM
Even though I am SO tired, I tryed this game out. And my hour just went by. A facinating game, love it, will buy it!!

nehmah
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by nehmah on Dec 17, 11 6:55 PM
I purchased this game as I really enjoyed the first two of the series. While I prefer traditional (?) HOGs, the Azada games are most enjoyable. The different puzzles make for relief from the inevitable freeze from too much of the same type of HOGs. So far I have managed to get to Chapter 2, before I had to start over. (I start under a new name when I can go no further). ERS games are among my favorites. Nehmah

[Post New]by baglady159 on Dec 17, 11 9:05 PM
katelouisa67 wrote:Oh my golly gosh! What an absolutely stunning game, and really quite difficult even in the casual setting. Numerous hints were required to point me in the right direction - there are many hot spots in most scenes, and I didnt always find all of them without help.

The graphics and landscapes are beautiful. The music fitted the game very well but I do tend to lower the volume on everything so that it doesnt interfere in my game play.

I did not miss the H0 scenes I have to admit - it was refreshing not to have to wade thru junk piles for the obligatory crow bar.

The puzzles were very well done - easy to very difficult - several of which I had to skip cos I wanted to move on with the game and they were taking too long to complete.

Finally, this game took hours - I would guess at about 7 altogether ... but I did find the ending .... sudden. Although it does look as tho it leaves it open for another.

I had the same feeling when I finished the game. It was just....over. But still a great game and I will play it again.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Dec 19, 11 10:42 AM
I have been having a very hard time finding a game that I liked lately, this one is pretty good.....I don't know if it is cause the music is very enjoyable, the graphics are outstanding and the story is interesting. I didn't miss the ****'s until I read a review that there wasn't any Good, pleasant game so far and I just finished the first key. Well worth the monies and this is just me talking on the SE.
Bottom line....great game!

manitoban
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by manitoban on Dec 19, 11 2:21 PM
Bring on more games like this one PLEASE. Lots of puzzles, the graphics and colors are wonderful. An excellent game. Thank you.

manitoban
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by manitoban on Dec 19, 11 2:22 PM
Bring on more games like this one PLEASE. Lots of puzzles, the graphics and colors are wonderful. An excellent game. Thank you.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Dec 20, 11 4:33 PM
krissywillow wrote:I posted this in the thread about H0 scenes and figured I'd post it here too...

The original Azada (and probably part 2) didn't have hidden object scenes. They were about the puzzles.
With this one BFG teamed with ERS (which I wish they hadn't done) and what we have is a typical ERS game (very typical) except w/ no H0 scenes.
That's really it. If you like the usual ERS games, you'll like this if you don't mind no H0 scenes. The "puzzles" in the game aren't up the Azada standards.
I think BF teaming w/ ERS was sort of a cop out because this game really is nothing like the first Azada that everyone was waiting for the part 3 of, which was an original BF game, iirc.
In and of itself it is a nice enough game, I played the demo of the CE and liked it. I would NOT have called this Azada though.

I would have to completely agree with you here. I loved the first 2 AZADA games, and as much as i am enjoying this game, the only real similarities between this game and the others is the name, and the fact that you are "stepping" into a book/page to complete each section...but like i said still an enjoyable game, but AZADA fans who are expecting to carry on from previous installment may be disappointed..

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Dec 20, 11 6:07 PM
Well, what a different Azada! Instead of "books" and puzzles to solve it's key's to obtain (don't think that is giving anything away) and "stuff to find" - NOT HOG though. I played the CE and was awaiting the SE! The second time around on the demo (CE & SE) I did manage to actually get the first key and I only skipped two of the mini puzzles (just to see how far the demo actually went). I can see that this is going to be another great game! I had just purchased the 2nd of the 3 games so am in Azada mode LOL! This is a definite buy for me keep up the good work, keeping a story line intact and interesting, while making some positive changes too keep things new. Gotta see if I need my "clue" from the end of 2 like you did with 1 though. That made me play 1 again so I could finish 2 and now yippee 3 is here! Thanks BFG! (JMHO) - Lean

[Post New]by DarkStarsD on Dec 21, 11 2:52 AM
Beautiful graphics and interesting puzzles, but not enough HOG scenes

ldevine
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by ldevine on Dec 21, 11 2:40 PM
How would anyone rate the difference between the CE and the standard edition of this game? I love Azada games but am hesitant to use the extra token for the CE unless it is truly worth it - extra game play, more levels, that sort of thing. I find that half the time the CE is worth it and other times....not so much.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Dec 21, 11 4:17 PM
Fun Factor: 5 stars
Visual/Sound Quality: 5 stars
Level of Challenge: 5 1/2 stars
Average Rating: 5 stars

Pros: Highly polish visuals. Variety of puzzles. Excellent voice acting.
Cons: None.

(This review is based on the game's demo.)

Edited on 12/21/2011 at 4:18:04 PM PST

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Dec 26, 11 2:42 PM
I enjoyed playing the first two Azadas but this one turns me off. I bought the game hoping I could get used to the dark, dreary screens but alas, it's not happening. Everything about the game is so well done but it is dreary. For a dark, dreary game with excellent graphics, I'll play Drawn. Even the last Drawn game is a lot brighter than this one. This game is not Azada and I won't spend another dime on an ERS Azada game.

I give this game for puzzles (no s for this game) and for the dreariness. I'm a little sick that ERS destroyed Azada.

I have now finished the game and the darkness only got worse as the game went along. The puzzles were different and really nice. I enjoyed their complexity. My biggest gripe is how did Azada go from 3 Little Pigs and Rapunzel to demons and evil magicians? Don't we have enough games with that theme already?

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 9:27:42 PM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 28, 11 11:18 PM
I've purchased all the other Azada's but this one, I do not like. So won't be purchasing it. Some of the scenes don't work and IMO I've gotten tired of games where you need a walkthrough to get a minute into the game. Maybe it's just me, but not going to buy it.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 1, 12 6:40 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game....the ending was a bit "funky", but the game was one of the best I've played. No actual HOGs but clues and inventory items were found by searching around which is how I like it the best. Puzzles were easy to hard. Some I skipped, others I sailed through. Mini game/puzzle freaks will love this one! Worth every penny!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 1, 12 5:16 PM
After demoing this game, I purchased, and surprised myself completely. I did not like the other Azada games at all, and wouldn't have them even as DDs. This, though, feels like a good adventure game. I haven't gone very far yet, but I'm enjoying everything along the way, even when I had to look at the walkthrough, and then smacked myself in the forehead because I shoulda known without the hint. I wasn't going to even try the demo but am very glad I did.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Jan 3, 12 12:40 PM
Loved the game, the music, the puzzles, the graphic's and the hidden object scenes. All the Azada games are great. Hopefully, there will be another one we will be able to play.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jan 3, 12 1:26 PM
I HATE when this happens, but this game just was not my cup of tea, found myself falling asleep while trying to play it, there was something about it, that just didn't grab my interest at all.
Yes there were some decent graphics to look at, but I found the game play rather boring, it didn't have the flow or excitement, for me anyway, and I just wanted it to end, so will not be re-playing this one, probably ever.
I am very happy for those that enjoyed it, I know we all like different things in a game, and I am sad that this one, just didn't do it for me.
It was really missing the wow factor, that I found in the last 4 CE'S that I just played, loved those a lot, I haven't really liked any of the Azada's but was hoping this one would be different, but it wasn't.
For myself, it is lacking in the game play, love the story though, and the artwork and graphics are nice, and the quality is there also, as far as how the game was made.
All well just MHO of course ...on to the next adventure

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jan 4, 12 5:14 AM

I really enjoyed this game, a proper adventure game not messed up with hidden object scenes. It made a refreshing change from the usual junk piles.

I can't compare to previous Azada games as I've never played them but the puzzles in this one seemed just about right to me, not too easy nor difficult. And a good bit of adventuring too !!

Hope ERS and BFG make more like this, it's a winner for me.

Go to: