Re:Post any The Secret Order: New Horizon technical issues here only

[Post New]by firehawk1 on Dec 18, 11 6:16 PM
I am also stuck! I can't reach the spoon and in fact cannot see it on the screen to continue the game . Whats up with that?

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 20, 11 12:46 AM
Hi everyone,

For those of you unable to reach certain objects on your screen, try the following (as taken from my post on page 1):

For those of you unable to reach the ice cream scoop, it looks like user cedo was able to resolve this problem:

you will need to lower your resolution to allow the entire picture to fit your screen...i have never had to change my resolution on a game before, but i did this time, as the cursor would not go far enough left...it is an easy thing to do, though, merely right-click on the desktop and choose whatever your operating system/graphics card option for appearance/screen size is...i lowered it from 1280x800 (my native) to 1024x768 and then i could see everything...i believe i had black bars, then, i cant really remember, and they do not bother me, at all, as i prefer aspect correction to widescreen..once finished with the demo/game, just put the resolution back the same way...hope this helps you.

Please see the below help article for detailed instructions:

Screen Resolution

You could also try playing in Windowed Mode instead, by changing the settings in the Options menu.

campfire29, I found the below steps in our walkthrough, perhaps these will help you pour down the fuel in the tank:

Plug in the cord (1).

Open the fuel cover (2).

Place the funnel in the tank (3).

Pour the fuel in the tank (4).

Open the cabinet and place the gear on the fly wheel (5).

Place the pull cord on the fly wheel and pull the cord (6).

Look at the lift winch.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

skyepearl
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by skyepearl on Dec 20, 11 6:16 AM
I got the same Adobe error as Sea Bamboo. Played for about 15 mins of the demo last night with no problems whatsoever. Tried to continue this morning after an update of Adobe Flash & the game hangs. After clicking on the windowed black screen that contains the game cursor, I get a "(not responding)" up at the top bar. I restarted the computer & didn't click the black screen while it was loading this time & got the script error. The window never sprang to full screen as it usually does when launching a game & there was a faint BF logo visible before the error box popped up over it. I sure hope this Flash update doesn't mess up other games I've already purchased or have yet to trial. Btw...I'm not trying to play in windowed mode...that's just how all games launch & then full-screen themselves once fully loaded.

Edited to add: I've just tested a couple of other trials I had on the GM & those still work fine. Looks like it's just this game that doesn't like the Adobe Flash update. Unless there's a fix, looks like it's a No Buy for me.

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 6:20:36 AM PST

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Dec 20, 11 2:53 PM
I had a problem to do with the time.

Downloading the trial, the first attempt to play resulted in a half size window with no game so I three finger saluted it (CTRL, ALT Delete) and shut it, however when the Big Fish Applet refreshed it came up 33 mins left on the trial, I know it was at most 7 mins to three finger salute and close it.

Not fair that I only got half of the trial.

Just wondered if anyone else had this issue?

[Post New]by dude999 on Dec 20, 11 4:05 PM
limey_scale wrote:
Schmohawk wrote:I was enjoying this game up until most of the way through Chapter 4, when the drawer popped out of the bricks underground, after clicking on the mirror hanging by the griffin. I successfully played the mini game, and got the scroll or whatever it was, but the third metal sheet was either not there, or I clicked away before finding it, and now I can't go back and get it, that area isn't selectable, even though if I click the hint button, it points to the brick/drawer area.

So I'm going to have to start back alllllll the way at the beginning!

Hi Schmohawk
The exact same thing happened to me and I believe this is Ch. 5, so like you, I have to go back to the beginning and start again as I obviously can't progress without the last metal sheet for the elevator diagram

[Post New]by dude999 on Dec 20, 11 4:06 PM
So, I also cannot get the third metal piece from the sewer to activate the elevator. And, I started over from the beginning. Is there an alternative to Big Fish Games with all these glitches?

[Post New]by brajj2 on Dec 20, 11 7:04 PM
I am stuck in the kitchen at the begining. I am not going to raise and lower the resolution of my screen just to play this. I would like it fixed as I assumed I was purchasing a game I could play without all this drama or I would like my money back. Thank you

[Post New]by pokor3 on Dec 21, 11 7:45 PM
I still could not get the **** in the pantry to trigger,today the arrow is gone.
this is ridiculus

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Dec 21, 11 11:21 PM
Firehawk -

There's a solution posted above.

Changing the resolution (as posted above) doesn't help on my 'puter, so I'm going to Technical Support/Customer Support to request a refund coupon. Since TS is closed at this hour, I will receive my coupon tomorrow instead of today.

See the green envelope in the right hand column? Click there, then on Contact us in the left column.

[Post New]by pokor3 on Dec 22, 11 9:03 PM
I am sorry that my message came out with the **** it made it look like I was saying something bad. I was not being crude I forgot to preview my remarks

so sorry

[Post New]by Agentjacket on Dec 23, 11 9:49 PM
Kitchen. I've tried everything. I can't get out of the kitchen. I don't see the arrow. I've chnage to ful and window, change resolution on computer. Nothing works

RESOLUTION

[Post New]by Agentjacket on Dec 23, 11 11:03 PM
In order to see everything, I had to quit the game, make my monitor screen the lowest resolution. I got back in the game and everything was fine from there. If you're in the game and lower the resolution without quitting, it won't work.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Dec 24, 11 11:35 AM
Any game so poorly designed that is doesn't self adjust is a no buy, and shame on you BFG for trying to tell us to adjust our resolution to such crappy settings to make it work. Just don't sell a crappy game. Go back to the developers, and have them fix it. It's not even that great of an attention getter in the first place to make me want to deal with poor coding on top of it. No buy for me.

AZbratnNY
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by AZbratnNY on Dec 26, 11 11:06 AM
Glad I read the forums re/ this game...I dont want to have to adjust my settings because who ever did this game needs to fix it...Im not messing around with settings, etc, which so far have not effected my many(lots & lots) other games....come on big fish, fix it, so we dont have to drown in possible other issues...

[Post New]by MysteryFind33 on Dec 28, 11 7:12 AM
I am also having problems trying to pour the gasoline into the generator. I did not follow the order posted in the reply/walkthrough which may be what caused the error, is there a way for me to clear the screen to start over?

[Post New]by Perkipoo on Dec 28, 11 9:11 PM
I was also frustrated at some of the same places in the game as those other players mentioned, and I was afraid the game wasn't working, but I did find the third metal plate, and the last zodiac piece, etc. I usually had to go farther back, to a room with an unopened puzzle or lock. Sorry I don't remember more specifically.
However, I am near the end (the diamond ring search), and twice in the last few days, SONH has crashed my Windows 7 PC so badly, that NO shutdown process worked. I was forced to shut down via the power button.
That is some glitch.
Should I keep trying, or is there a process for uninstalling the Flash?
Thanks for your help.

Guppy33
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Guppy33 on Dec 30, 11 12:30 AM
Hope this helps some of you! If you have tried changing the screen resolution and the object you need to click on is still LEFT of screen, go back to your control panel and select 'Landscape Flipped'. Leave the control panel open.

ALT-TAB back to the game.

The screen will now be upside-down which is tricky with the cursor, however, you should be able to see the desired object on the RIGHT of the screen now. Revert to your normal settings. Bizarre and I agree that games should be compatible. This does seem to work tho.

[Post New]by downtownguy on Jan 1, 12 2:55 PM
I haven't been able to attach the vacuum attachment to the vacuum. Tried hundreds of times. Is there a fix for this? Very, very frustrating.

[Post New]by downtownguy on Jan 1, 12 4:36 PM
Oh, just figured it out. Sorry.

[Post New]by karenhatch on Jan 2, 12 8:18 AM
I can't pour the gasoline either I hate this game

Go to: