Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Secret Order: New Horizon

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Dec 17, 11 7:26 AM
heatherington wrote:This is by Sunward Games, world of warcraft, which is why us Hidden Object fiends don't recognize the name. I hope they do more of these games. I found the hidden object scenes clear and interactive, !
I looked up the company on facebook and they are out of Europe and not a part of WOW. WOW is sunward crest. This is their first game and the scened on facebook look wonderful. Downloading demo now. Happy gaming to all

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 17, 11 8:34 AM
I played 10 min , & deleted ,,,sorry it didn't do a thing for me !!!!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 17, 11 8:41 AM
The graphics have the look of old school computer generated scenes that don't have much depth, are a little blocky and are a little difficult to differentiate from surrounding objects but I'm kind of a fan of that, to be honest. But it's the story that drew me in, I love science fiction and the dialog and journals are well written and a pleasure to read. The objectives are well laid out and easy to understand and the game play is logical. I played 55 minutes and only stopped because my bladder was cursing at me. Definite buy.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 17, 11 8:44 AM
I don't know why I am drawn to this game but I am. It's not for the pretty scenery, (which is usually what I am drawn to), because there isn't any. However I am a big fan of adventure games and this seems to have alot of that.

The graphics are appropriate for this gritty adventure story IMO.

Fills my screen without adjusting. The hint button refills quickly but it's not a big help.

There is alot of attention to detail and the hidden objects scenes are no exception and they are clear and uncluttered and there are things to interact with.

Puzzles are interesting so far.

I think this is a very well made game and is better than the last CE and its alot longer. Definitely worth a coupon credit.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Dec 17, 11 8:45 AM
This game is actually good, I was taken at the beginning with the arrows on the side and trying to move around, but once got into it I truly enjoyed the demo, the plot is interesting so far, the story line is also good and I am left with the feeling of wanting more on the story.

Nice job.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 17, 11 8:50 AM
snapnhiss wrote:The graphics have the look of old school computer generated scenes that don't have much depth, are a little blocky and are a little difficult to differentiate from surrounding objects but I'm kind of a fan of that, to be honest. But it's the story that drew me in, I love science fiction and the dialog and journals are well written and a pleasure to read. The objectives are well laid out and easy to understand and the game play is logical. I played 55 minutes and only stopped because my bladder was cursing at me. Definite buy.

Thanks for sharing that with us. ROFL.

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Dec 17, 11 9:34 AM
Fantastic game--great graphics, good balance of puzzles and HOS. HOS more interesting than find a zillion things in a pile. Sound effects were superior--game ran well and played easily. Hoping for more from this dev.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 17, 11 9:37 AM
Valdy wrote:I am probably the odd one out when I say that I didn't enjoy the demo - only played for 50 minutes, got stuck at the construction site, and had to leave the game.
I almost deleted the game again after the shock I got when I entered the first HOS (hidden object scene). The graphics were terrible, and the colours were mainly different shades of grey. I had to use my magnifying glass in order to identify most of the objects. Also, a lot of items you need to find were more or less unidentifiable (those in the fridge are a good example).
<<<< skipped the rest of post>>>>>

Valdy..can i join the 'odd one' status? ...i struggled thru only about 15 minutes ...u stated it quite well on how i felt about this game...so 'nuff' said ... sadly its a ...IMO

signed ...Lets

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 17, 11 9:48 AM
letsdoit wrote:Valdy..can i join the 'odd one' status? ...i struggled thru only about 15 minutes ...u stated it quite well on how i felt about this game...so 'nuff' said ... sadly its a ...IMO

signed ...Lets

Oooh... I am not the only nay-sayer here... phew. *wipes sweat off brow*

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 17, 11 9:54 AM
Having finished, this was an excellent game! Good story, clever puzzles and a perfect ending! The last cut scene was great, loved it. The game lasted over 4 hours for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great job, Devs, and I hope you'll create more games like this!

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Dec 17, 11 10:19 AM
The graphics are actually super crisp and there is nothing clunky about this game. The storyline is very different than the norm and I think the developers did a super job. Definite buy for me.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 17, 11 10:54 AM
This is a great SE. We hardly see anymore, so I'm so happy when one come's along. I absolutely LOVE the story! It's such a nice change from the same story over and over again. Something new and very interesting. I enjoy Sci - Fi time travel story's. How refreshing and I'm so excited to see how it plays out. The developers have given us the ability to change the brightness, which is so important. This game have given me several things I look for in a game.Widescreen/Brightness/Sound adjustments/Great Story/Good graphics.

The only thing it's missing is voiceover's. But I like is so much that I don't even miss them. This is a must have IMO. It's a buy for me and I'm just thrilled to see a different story for a change. Take note developers, we need more story's like this. I'm off to enjoy the game. I would have given it my top rating, but I couldn't without voiceover's. But the story get's my best rating.

I rate this game: "PIGLET"
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 17, 11 11:42 AM
Lady_Cav wrote:Having finished, this was an excellent game! Good story, clever puzzles and a perfect ending! The last cut scene was great, loved it. The game lasted over 4 hours for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great job, Devs, and I hope you'll create more games like this!

I totally agree, and Pepper said it all for me, too. This was such a lovely surprise today. My young grandsons are here and we played the last two hours of this long game together. We all loved it. Fun, challenging, without being overly frustrating...it was logical and I didn't have to resort to the walkthrough at all. More like this one, please. Think there could be a sequel in this? Looking forward to next game by this dev. Good job!!

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 17, 11 12:32 PM
Wow! An excellent game and I might add better than the CE that came out this week. I have many coupons to use and this game will be one of my purchases through the coupons. A girl must save society and is visited by her nephew from the future. The whole time travel concept is new and interesting. I am enjoying the game. A few more HOG scenes than I like, (I prefer more puzzles), but overall the game is excellent. However, I might add that I am really getting very tired of dreary, dilapidated buildings and dark scenes. What every happened to cheery bright scenes and locations? Also, many rough looking characters as well as relatively ugly men and women inhabiting these games lately. What ever happened to the world of beauty? The main characters look like refugees from some war camp. Wow! Is beauty out of style? Most have sunken eyes and greasy black hair. Yuk! Anyway, not a bad game. The puzzles are the usual fare and the storyline is interesting. Graphics are okay. I don't quite agree with many that they are spectacular, just okay for me. Again, hopefully we will have some GREAT holiday games this week? Just tired of the depressing scenes in these games with the really weird looking people.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 17, 11 12:43 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:
Lady_Cav wrote:Having finished, this was an excellent game! Good story, clever puzzles and a perfect ending! The last cut scene was great, loved it. The game lasted over 4 hours for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great job, Devs, and I hope you'll create more games like this!

I totally agree, and Pepper said it all for me, too. This was such a lovely surprise today. My young grandsons are here and we played the last two hours of this long game together. We all loved it. Fun, challenging, without being overly frustrating...it was logical and I didn't have to resort to the walkthrough at all. More like this one, please. Think there could be a sequel in this? Looking forward to next game by this dev. Good job!!
I thought the same thing, WolfenRaindancer, referencing your quote, which I colored red. I love a good movie/story with little or no anti-climax to finish. So, the ending to this game was, for me, perfect.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Dec 17, 11 1:25 PM
Outside of the game auto-sizing my monitor without being asked, this is a decent gamee and not a CE. Winning combination. it's a buy for me.

[Post New]by woodspinner on Dec 17, 11 1:29 PM
I liked everything about the game. High on the list is that it is beautifully drawn. The story is different, the mini-games different but not too tough. So it's a no buy for me.

The reason is it was so short. I finished the demo, not skipping any games, in 40 minutes. Since you're 1/3 done at the end of the demo, that means it's maybe a two hour game. Thankfully, there are enough good longer games out there for me to buy.

So if the dev would add some length to their next game, it will be a sure buy for me.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Dec 17, 11 1:31 PM
The first hidden object scene was so gritty I needed to use the hint button twice. I nearly deleted the game, but continued for a total of 20 minutes. It may be an OK game, not sure, will go back later and try it again. They try and do some of it in blk/wht or gray, which is not a help in finding things. Right now, it's a no buy for me, but will try it again later.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Dec 17, 11 2:06 PM
I only lasted 39 minutes as I grew tired of gray and doing electrical work. I'll wait for the $2.99 DD on this one!

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Dec 17, 11 2:07 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I liked the story and the adventure that went with it, I give this game 4 's. Thanks devs and .

Go to: