Reviews for Exorcist 2

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Reviews for Exorcist 2

[Post New]by judy76073 on Dec 19, 11 9:35 AM
I must say, I totally agree with WolfenRaindancer's comments - I couldn't have said it better myself !!

I have 3 minutes left on the demo (will be buying with a credit) - I've found the 1st seal. I really am enjoying the voice overs - quite glad that you can hit 'continue' before the "person" has finished speaking (I read faster than they "talk"), but am quite enjoying the story line.

I may be considered a slow player by some, but I sure do enjoy the games that I do buy and I always get my money's worth.

cheers to all and hope everyone has a wonderful, happy & safe Holiday Season !!

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 19, 11 9:42 AM
This is a game from Intenium that felt very tongue in cheek in its dramatic style however if you do not like anything paranormal then it will not be for you as it opens with you having to perform an exorcism which no doubt you have guessed from the title.

The graphics & artwork are very good although the animations of the figures, coaches, etc. are a little dated & there is a grainy quality to the scenes which is in keeping with the theme. The hidden object scenes are well drawn & there are interactive items, the mini games are also fun to play & not too difficult.

There was a cheat on the widescreen in that either side of the screen is a ‘pillar’ so it is not really widescreen but it makes a change from a black bar. The music is ok & the background sounds are good but I do wish the developer had not added an organ sound every time you accomplish a task or find something useful, it soon becomes annoying. The voiceovers are well done (except for the little girl which is obviously a woman pretending to be a child)

You get a diary in which the story is written as you play & clues are collected. There are three modes, casual with 30 second hint & the H0 scenes have sparkles; expert with a 1 minute hint but no sparkles & a professional with no hints, no skip button & no sparkles.

Just one thing…………Cherb I saw what made you laugh out loud & it was priceless

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 19, 11 10:25 AM
Since I can't find a place to comment... I'll have to do it here.

Why oh why is this not called a Hidden Object Game in the description? It says Adventure and got my hopes us that it would be stand alone lite adventure.
Sick of junk piles would rather play games like the newest Azada... yay no junk pile HOG scenes.

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Dec 19, 11 10:28 AM
I really like this game, finished the demo and purchased it. The voice overs are so good, its like watching a movie. Hidden objects scenes are really good, items are big enough I dont have to squint to find them. I'm a clicker when it comes to hidden object scenes and so far I have not been penalized. The scenes are done really nice, has the spookiness I love. I'm able to actualy enjoy this game without getting frustrated and stuck, wondering what to do next. I have no clue how long the game is, I'm usualy not concerned about anyways. I figure for $6.99 its cheap entertainment for a few hours, I spend three times that amount for nothing in a grocery store. I think they did a wonderful job on this game, can't wait to get back and finish playing it.
A big thanks to the developers for making a game like this, keep up the spooky ones, I love them!!

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Dec 19, 11 10:41 AM
Sheerija wrote:
It was a bit short. I felt lacked originality too because I knew, and I'm sure everyone sussed it, ****************, right from the start.

But it wasn't bad for a SE.

(removed by moderator)

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 3:28:45 AM PST

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Dec 19, 11 11:58 AM
Perhaps I just wasn't in the mood for this type of game, but I didn't like it. It was creepy and spooky. The hog scenes were at times hard to find the objects. It just didn't strike my fancy.

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Dec 19, 11 12:32 PM
Sheerija wrote:
It was a bit short. I felt lacked originality too because I knew, and I'm sure everyone sussed it, ****************, right from the start.

(removed by moderator)

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 3:30:02 AM PST

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Dec 19, 11 12:33 PM
I like this game, I like the creepy factor very much. I played about 40 minutes of the trial and got about a quarter of the way through. I played on professional mode.

I may buy this game, I will wait to see if another good Standard Edition game comes out by the end of the month first.

[Post New]by Tchiquitamom on Dec 19, 11 12:54 PM
(removed by moderator)

Sheerija wrote:This game is far better than the 1st one, which I found irritating. They've made vast improvements.

I wasn't too keen at first, but as it went one it got much better and I ended up really enjoying it.

The Exorcist's manner of speaking was consistent with the period, but it was too flowery and overly dramatic, which made him sound like a bit of a prat. He was also way too brave, bragging about what he was going to do to this demon when he was finished, which was over the top.

It was a bit short. I felt lacked originality too because I knew, and I'm sure everyone sussed it,[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 3:31:09 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 19, 11 1:06 PM
Enjoyed the game and had no problems with it. The story line isn't something that some people will like but I think it's interesting. I didn't play the first Exorcist so can't compare. I thought the HOG's were clear and puzzles were good. Will put it on my list of games to buy.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Dec 19, 11 2:08 PM
mhatfie wrote:I've never been fond of exorcist type stories but I like this one. The voiceovers are good. The graphics are good. Love all the ambient sounds and movement. (very creepy). I didn't get bored so thats a good thing. A definite buy for me.

Wouldn't it be nice if a "good" christmas game came out one year, one that is geared towards adults instead of children. Something with all the bells and whistles. Just a thought.

I was thinking about maybe an adult version of a grinch theme?

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 19, 11 4:30 PM
I had purchased the first game and liked it, but not sure about this one. I used up my hour and found 2 needed items (the third I haven't figured out how to get yet). Voice overs were nice, HOGs were nice and appropriate, not "spooky" to me but I ignore that sort of thing. The one thing I did not like was the cursor. Please devs, give us the option of playing with the custom or standard cursor. These big things are a bit distracting to me. All in all not a bad game, but I think I will wait and see if anything else comes along. Thanks for the reviews.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Dec 19, 11 5:23 PM
I read through the reviews as the game downloaded - I thought perhaps I should just trashcan it from the negative reviews
I am glad I did not - I enjoyed the demo and will be buying the game

The widescreen / black bar issue was resolved with pillars draped in roses - nice touch

The humor and offbeat humor at that was refreshing - a slightly different take on what has become a rather stale scenario - the grainy appearance was meant to be [at least this is my take on it]

I liked the story line and the voice overs

Good game

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Dec 19, 11 5:31 PM
cyndrap wrote:I read through the reviews as the game downloaded - I thought perhaps I should just trashcan it from the negative reviews
I am glad I did not - I enjoyed the demo and will be buying the game

The widescreen / black bar issue was resolved with pillars draped in roses - nice touch

The humor and offbeat humor at that was refreshing - a slightly different take on what has become a rather stale scenario - the grainy appearance was meant to be [at least this is my take on it]

I liked the story line and the voice overs

Good game

I am glad you tried it for yourself. I have not purchased a game myself because of reviews. never again, I will always demo it myself. Different strokes for different folks. I am still loving this game, I think it is probably one of the scariest ones yet.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 19, 11 5:49 PM
angelofmusic62 wrote:
mhatfie wrote:I've never been fond of exorcist type stories but I like this one. The voiceovers are good. The graphics are good. Love all the ambient sounds and movement. (very creepy). I didn't get bored so thats a good thing. A definite buy for me.

Wouldn't it be nice if a "good" christmas game came out one year, one that is geared towards adults instead of children. Something with all the bells and whistles. Just a thought.

I was thinking about maybe an adult version of a grinch theme?

Yep, that sounds good to me. Be nice if we had a good game every Christmas just like we have the MCF games that usually come out around Thanksgiving.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 19, 11 5:53 PM
peglegann wrote:
saphhire wrote:very short game played 3/4 of it in the trial period not worth even a free credit very disp in this game very grainy too hope we get a better one before x-mas

You actually found 3 or 4 seals in the trial period?
Shh. I am supposed to be working. I was just curious.

That would be an amazing accomplishment unless I'm an EXTREMELY slow player in comparison. I've been playing for well over an hour and I haven't found a seal yet although I did just find the book.

This is really an outstanding game. The story is really good, the graphics are very well done and the voice acting is some of the best I've heard. Frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't offered as a CE but I'm glad it wasn't. What a deal!

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Dec 19, 11 6:09 PM
Off to buy it after 30 minutes of playing the trial. I enjoy the crisp accents of the voice overs, and the beautiful graphics. No problems with the game, clear hidden objects and love the story line although it might be a little too spooky for some players. A nice sequel to an earlier game. Thank you, BF and developers!

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 20, 11 12:18 AM
Hi everyone,

Just swimming by with a friendly reminder to include spoiler tags when sharing information that might contain spoilers in your review. Most fishies who stop by to read your reviews haven't yet finished the game and we'd like to keep things fun for everyone.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

alikus2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by alikus2000 on Dec 20, 11 12:38 AM
Great game and a big improvement from the first part. Happy to play something not too jolly and not too gloom at this time.

I frankly cannot imagine that most of us are so slow and stupid that we did not finish the game in trial period as couple of people here suggested. I'm playing already end of 3rd hour (in Expert mode) and in a surreal world now... I guess this is not the end of the game yet...

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Dec 20, 11 1:14 AM
I can't imagine anyone finishing this game so quickly. I guess I am too slow and dumb to do such a thing.

I found myself giggling through the entire demo. It's like something the BBC might have on some night. Definitely tongue in cheek humor. (I love the BBC)

I haven't had any issues with the hidden object games so far and I haven't run across any misspelled words either. Just some very different words to me.

Anyway, I am enjoying the game, it is a bit different.

Joy

Go to: