Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

Re:Reviews for Christmas Tales: Fellina's Journey

[Post New]by Sheerija on Dec 20, 11 5:03 AM
Sheerija wrote:My goodness, I can't believe some people are complaining about this game. It's gorgeous! The graphics are so rich and the devs have paid so much attention to detail and made everything so sumptuous. I had a big grin on my face all the way through the demo. I was so charmed. It's utterly lovely.

All those who have been begging BF for a Christmas game must be even more delighted than I am, and I'm pretty delighted.

I was quite gung-**** after the demo and while I don't take back anything I posted, I really have to say to the devs that 2 hours is just not fair. I realise this game is aimed at youngsters, but even they are going to gripe about this. A SE can be anywhere from 3-4 hours but 2 is just not good enough. These games don't come cheap and for those of us who love this genre, we expect a little more for our money. Step it up Brabl, or your business won't succeed.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Dec 20, 11 5:25 AM
Well here's the Christmas game everyone wanted! Just a quick overview of what I thought

Pros:

Definitely a great game to play with a child.
Art work is great.
Game play is rather easy but fun.
Bright happy story and colors.
Hidden Object scenes are fun and interactive.

Cons:

What voice overs there are echo very bad.
The hint system leaves a lot to be desired.
Finished demo with 6 min left and finished exactly half.
Too short.
Tried to alt-tab to a different page and come back. Had flashing game screen
and had to exit and restart.

I give this 1/2 out of 5.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Dec 20, 11 5:27 AM
I have to agree with Sheerija on this one! I will not buy a game this short. It's bad enough I spend as much as I do here at BF . I really try to get as much for my money as possible.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 20, 11 5:52 AM
Review after playing demo (took about 45 minutes or so):

An absolutely beautiful game. Good storyline. Gorgeous scenery and nice graphics. Music beautiful and fitting. I could understand very little of the first "voice" so hope I didn't miss any clues! The H0 scenes are well-done and have some (simple) interaction. A couple of items were misspelled but not too hard to know what I needed to find. Some back-and-forth which is always welcome.

Quite a nice game, but....too short for a SE IMO. I loaded the walk-through to see how far I got in the demo. Once the WT was loaded, the scroll button was halfway down. (I don't go by how many chapters as they can vary in length.) I would certainly have bought the game if the length justified the cost, but for me it doesn't.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 20, 11 6:15 AM
edmee1947 wrote:after nutcracker suite,there is an accomodating of various theme like gold of the Rhine from R Wagner and some others;pleasant but repetitive
good graphics but don't fill the screen
some interactions in hidden objects scenes,but very much hidden objects
i have not seen anything disturbing for children they have not seen before on TV in worse
i think it is worth a try for those who love christmas and candies,and all that kind of fairy tales
beautiful and pleasant as a W Disney product but you can understand that it is not my cup of tea,even if i see the quality !
so,give it a try!
for the word i don't find in my dictionnary,the cursor was helpful!

Since some are on the subject of spelling, dictionary only has one "n". LOL. I couldn't resist, just playing with you.

NaomiGrace
Flounder
Flounder
2,220 Posts

[Post New]by NaomiGrace on Dec 20, 11 7:04 AM
Well I wanted a Christmas game really badly ...... but for reasons stated above this is really poor quality. No buy for me..................and that from desparate woman!!! LOL

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 20, 11 7:23 AM
This game has good graphics , pleasant (although repetitive) music and has a choice of Casual or Expert modes . I chose the Expert one and when I couldn't find the scarf I opted to use the hint which I found to be completely and utterly useless .

We had already been told that we need to get dressed and, having already dressed her in her in all the other items it was obvious to me that she needed a scarf but I couldn't find one so I clicked on the hint which just repeated the items to look for again and not where to find it no matter how many times I used it ... what help was that . As I appear to be having one of my thick days I came and checked the walkthrough and I have to say that is the last place I would have looked but I went back and found it and put it on only to be told "I have been waiting for this scarf for so long!"... and who's fault is that .

Anyway once she was completely dressed and I saw a close up of her face in the hat and scarf I had a feeling of deja vous. I am sure that I have seen her somewhere before today, does anyone else think so too?

Although the game has 6 chapters I have to say that they appear to be on the short side so I am sitting on the fence at the moment still deciding whether to purchase or not.

Cherb

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 20, 11 7:26 AM
Be careful what you wish for..........Yesterday I asked for a "good" Christmas game geared towards older players and today we have this game. LOL. While its awfully cute and whimsical, it still falls short of the game I had in mind, but it's an improvement over some of the other Christmas games.

The graphics are nice, along with the H0 scenes, clear and not too cluttered with interaction, but just too many of them for my taste.

I have only come across one puzzle so far.

The Christmas music is nice (I love the nutcracker music) but even that becomes distracting and repetitious after awhile.

This is a cute game and I want to buy it simply because it's probably the best one we will get for Christmas but if its as short as some are saying I'll probably pass on it.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Dec 20, 11 7:39 AM
Luckily the game runs well for me - no cursor problems like some have had! This is a very pretty game, the story seems interesting & Christmasy

I may not be the best person to toss out a review on this because when it comes to strickly seasonal games - I'm pretty easy to please It would be great to have a jaw dropping CE level seasonal game - but...for the most part I'm happy with something either really cute or really pretty & not ab-so-lute-ly horrible to fit in with the holiday mood. Though it's funny folks are recommending Twisted: A Haunted Carol now - it sure got bad reviews last year (I bought that one too )

Any whoo - I haven't hit any "odd" words yet - but sometimes those are fun - add a few new words to your vocabulary! Won't folks think you're super smart when you know more synonyms for "orca" ! I like the custom cursor - the mitten is fun and so far the H0 scenes are very well done!

Upshot - I too might be dissapointed any other week of the year - but the season makes me forgiving & easier to please! Happy gaming!!!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 20, 11 8:03 AM
I might have bought this game had it been longer, but I'm not using a game credit on half a game. I played 22 minutes and the demo was over. I read the comments and I read this is a very short game. So,,,, I would be paying $7.00 Canadian for 1/2 a game, not.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Dec 20, 11 8:08 AM
Cute holiday game, I played the demo the story was your typical save the holiday theme, great for the season, nice graphics, good hidden objects scenes.

But, I will pass on this one.

karica
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by karica on Dec 20, 11 10:31 AM
This Xmas game is gorgeous!!!! I was waiting for a fairy-tale and I got it, very beautifully done. I love the plot, enjoyed the music and the graphics are amazing. Having played it, I`m looking forward for Christmas It`s definitely a buy for me
Guys, sometimes it`s useful to consult dictionaries

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Dec 20, 11 10:57 AM
tatsu1952 wrote:The developers are Brabl (I think that's how you spell it) - a new one to me.
Edited to add that Brabl also put out 'The Lost City - Chapter One'.

Count me out then!! The lost city-chapter one seemed really appealing to me at least even though it had such negative reviews but let me tell you, WORST GAME EVER! Its so bad that I rate this company up there with HdO, no lie.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 20, 11 11:14 AM
Nice little game for a beginner. Some of the items were a bit hard to find...had to click all over the place to find their hiding places, but that was okay. Music got very annoying. I agree, the game is very short. I got into Santa's house before the demo ran out with 28 minutes to spare. Don't see that it is worth price tag right now. Maybe at $2.99, but probably not for me. No buy here. Thanks for the reviews.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Dec 20, 11 1:23 PM
cherbtoo wrote:This game has good graphics , pleasant (although repetitive) music and has a choice of Casual or Expert modes . I chose the Expert one and when I couldn't find the scarf I opted to use the hint which I found to be completely and utterly useless .

We had already been told that we need to get dressed and, having already dressed her in her in all the other items it was obvious to me that she needed a scarf but I couldn't find one so I clicked on the hint which just repeated the items to look for again and not where to find it no matter how many times I used it ... what help was that . As I appear to be having one of my thick days I came and checked the walkthrough and I have to say that is the last place I would have looked but I went back and found it and put it on only to be told "I have been waiting for this scarf for so long!"... and who's fault is that .

Anyway once she was completely dressed and I saw a close up of her face in the hat and scarf I had a feeling of deja vous. I am sure that I have seen her somewhere before today, does anyone else think so too?

Although the game has 6 chapters I have to say that they appear to be on the short side so I am sitting on the fence at the moment still deciding whether to purchase or not.

Cherb

LOL! I quite agree with you Cherb! Your review made me chuckle, Cherb! I cant quite place my finger on where I've seen her before but I've felt that way about a few characters here an there...not to mention a few HOG scenes; not to mention that we can all attest to having seen the same OBJECTS over and over.

With this particular game I do find it very cute but I will be waiting for it to come out as a DD before I buy it due to the fact that it is so short but it is refreshing to see a light hearted game!

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Dec 20, 11 1:38 PM
I think it's cute. I don't need mind twisting and dark games. It is so nice to have a nice easy game with pretty music and scenery. The hint button I found mostly useless but that's ok as I had fun. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year my fellow fishes.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Dec 20, 11 3:11 PM
WHAT A GEM!!!

I am truly enjoying this delightful game.... inclusive of ethnic words and stilted dialect, which, IMO is a charming reminder that the appeal of Christmas is NOT just for USA nor English speaking.... it is world wide.

Christmas Tales, Fellina's Journey is simple in that it is mainly an H0G/adventure with some hunts thrown in and also immersive and is the perfect game as a diversion between the hectic hustle and bustle we all have during the seasion. The graphics were superb and each step of the journey is unique and special. The music is GREAT.... more classical in nature.

Overall, I am loving this game which IMO has raised the bar on Christmas/holiday game selections WAY UP.

Thanks

Merry Christmas to all

Edit: Want to add.... I BOUGHT!!!

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 4:12:54 PM PST

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Dec 20, 11 3:15 PM
I uninstalled after 30 minutes. What an irritating game! The play is sluggish, and very linear. The full screen option sits in a picture frame with tons of wasted space on the sides, not just black bars. The voiceover intro is unintelligible, and the rest of the dialogue is text only. It varies from little direction to way too much. The two puzzles I did were confusing, but solvable. I'd say the game is for very young children except for the puzzles. I did like the Custom cursor, and you can change it if necessary. H0 scenes did not update after an object was found. I rate it 21/2 out of 5

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 3:17:03 PM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Dec 20, 11 4:06 PM
Personally, I think this is a very charming Christmas game for the family to play. The graphics are very nice. The HOG objects not too quickly spotted, yet not too difficult, and the music reminded me a bit of the Nutcracker theme music. Animations and voice overs give an added plus, while the story is has an interesting twist form the usually out there. All in all, a very charming game for the holidays... therefore, a buy from me. Always nice to have a new holiday game, for each holiday season, to add to the festivities.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Dec 20, 11 5:30 PM
Well played the game - voicce that was at the beginning was not easy to hear; the characters was poorly done. Hope that this game company will learn & make a better effort next on the drawings. I believe alot of reviews was right on. Great for a kid. One great thing was **** was bright and fairly easy to find objects. Music Great too!

Hope more adults games coming for the holiday season!

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 5:32:15 PM PST

Go to: