Pairs (spoilers)

Re:Pairs (spoilers)

[Post New]by GEORGIAGIRL_MEJ on Dec 22, 11 12:43 AM
There are two watch matches.

One is a pocket watch and chain in the Baxter farm. (watch is inside the barn on the left and chain is below in a zoom in site)

The second is an antique watch band (in Thadeu's shop on the table) and the watch is in Jackson's shop inside on the table to the left.

Both yield big profits.

[Post New]by GEORGIAGIRL_MEJ on Dec 22, 11 2:14 AM
The union coat is at Frank Sharp's, second scene in back near helicopter. The buttons are on the table at Thadeus's shop.

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Dec 22, 11 7:28 AM
Thanks Abby and Georgiagirl,

Now I can get the juggling pin and the coat.

I actually had the second watch/clock thing but was a dolt and didn't put it in.

Anyone find the chessboard or the holster for the toy gun?

Edited on 12/22/2011 at 7:34:04 AM PST

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Dec 22, 11 5:39 PM
Found the toy guy holster at Patrick's in the second room on the shelf.

Cryst1781
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Cryst1781 on Dec 23, 11 2:27 PM

Bowie Shief: Ray's Bus, 2nd scene, Hidden scene on left side
Bowie Knife: Miller's, 2nd scene, Hidden scene on left side

I can't find the knife in this scene...anyone else having difficuly?

Edited on 12/23/2011 at 2:28:10 PM PST

[Post New]by GEORGIAGIRL_MEJ on Dec 23, 11 11:04 PM
Chessboard is at Thadeus in second location on table to the right.

Edited on 12/27/2011 at 12:25:26 PM PST

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Dec 24, 11 7:43 AM
crystl,
the bowie knife is in the hidden scene on the left side at Millers in the second scene. There are two hidden scenes on the left, one near the helicopter, one near the boxes that is further left. You need the one near the boxes (crates, piles of stuff) It's in the box with the insignia and the other flint lock pistol.

Thanks Georgiagirl. I think that's the last one, maybe.

Edited on 12/24/2011 at 7:43:49 AM PST

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Dec 24, 11 7:52 AM
Some of the pairs are much more profitable than others.

For example, the Motocycle and seat at Ray Atkin's Bus is great since (at least in my games so far) Automotive comes up really early. Also there are Four sports collectable's in the first 3 scenes. The most profitable early time to get Sports collectables is right after Patty's opens up.

Military collectables on the other hand is a pain if it comes up early because you can't match up much until you get Miller's which is the last one to come up. Fagan has the sword and suit of armor and Mcguirre's/Baxter's have the pistol-holster combo but most are at Sharp's.

I wonder if it would be useful to come up with a list of most profitable non paired items. I know that the motocycle at the Mcguirres (or is it the one at Baxter's farm) gets me over 20,000 when I auction when Auto/Motocycle is the hot item.

As previously noted both watch/clock pairings make a lot of money. The Vanity sets make a lot of money. If you can get Esther's hidden object scene to give you either the Earrings or the butterfly pin when Vanity is the hot items those auction well.

Edited on 01/28/2012 at 7:50:44 AM PST

[Post New]by games96 on Dec 27, 11 5:10 PM
ancientpeas wrote:Relics:
Tri. head: Ray Atkin's Bus, 2nd scene,
Trophy case: Thaddus, 1st scene, hidden scene with buttons, near the jukebox

Dodo Bird:Fagan's (second scene, hidden scene, on stairs)
Stand: Thaddus's, second scene, right hand lower cornor, on table.

Vintage Literature:
Comic Book (1st Antiques store, 2nd scene inside store, back shelf)
Comic Book Sleeve: (Patrick Merman's 2nd scene back room, hidden scene on left hand side near hole in wall-looks like a ziploc baggie)

Is this useful? I can continue or stop.

I can't find the trophy case. I looked at Thaddus's but I didn't find it near the jukebox or in the hidden scene.

[Post New]by dawnmurray on Dec 27, 11 7:48 PM
The trophy case is in the hidden scene (it looks like an aquarium though)

[Post New]by dawnmurray on Dec 27, 11 8:09 PM
ancientpeas wrote:crystl,
the bowie knife is in the hidden scene on the left side at Millers in the second scene. There are two hidden scenes on the left, one near the helicopter, one near the boxes that is further left. You need the one near the boxes (crates, piles of stuff) It's in the box with the insignia and the other flint lock pistol.

Thanks Georgiagirl. I think that's the last one, maybe.

I think you mean at Sharp's, not Miller's...probably where the confusion was

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Dec 29, 11 7:05 AM
Hi Dawn,

You are correct of course. Thanks for clearing it up. I'll check my orginal post and modify it.

[Post New]by dawnmurray on Dec 29, 11 9:03 AM
Thanks ancientpeas

Couple hints for you, in case you haven't gotten back to this game to find them yet - there is an appliance pair (washer & dryer). The washing machine is at Lizzie Davis's house (I think out in the grass), and the dryer is at the salvage yard (I forget if it's the first or second scene, but it's over toward the left).

The kayak paddle is at Miller's Storage, second scene, in the hidden scene that's on the left.

The Chessboard is at Thaddeus's antique shop, second scene, on the table under an owl figure.

Jani417
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Jani417 on Jan 2, 12 1:30 AM
I cannot find the dome or cover for the Dodo bird! It's not in Thaddeus' shop. That's where the mount is for the dinosaur head. I am really frustrated! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Jan 3, 12 9:02 AM
Hi Jani,

It is there. It's in the first scene at Thaddeus's. Look at the hidden scene were you find the pen and the watch band (it's on a cart on the left side of the door to the second room). In the background you will see something that looks like an aquarium (sp?). That is what the Dodo goes into when you combine them.

The Mount for the Dino is in the 2nd scene (when you go through the door) at Thaddeus's while the case for the Dodo is in the first one. (Did you find the Pen or watchband?- the case is in that hidden scene) I'm not at home so I can't do a screen cap or I could show you.

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 3:35:40 PM PST

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Jan 3, 12 9:04 AM
Thanks Dawn,

I did actually find the washer/dryer early on. I must have forgot to include it.

The Kayak paddle. Someone sent me a PM telling me where it was and I asked them if I could post it but they didn't get back to me and I wasn't sure what the etiquette was on posting info given over a p.m. was.

I'm not sure I would have found the Kayak paddle or the chessboard on my own. It was like my brain didn't want to see that darn chessboard.

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 9:09:07 AM PST

[Post New]by Bellahabile on Jan 4, 12 7:43 AM
The chess board is in the second scene at Thaddeus's. I think it is the second scene.....but it is at Thaddeus's to the right front.

[Post New]by lilelmo on Jan 9, 12 9:55 AM
does anyone know where the pocket watch chain to go with the pocket watch is at all? It is driving me mad!

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Jan 9, 12 12:41 PM
The chain is in the box outside the barn in the first scene at Baxters Farm. Lower left hand side (you will also find the pistol holder and the left [or right] front light for the automotive pair in the same box)

[Post New]by maxxi9 on Jan 17, 12 8:49 AM
The kayak paddle is in Miller's Storage, second scene.....hidden scene on left door of unit 41

Go to: