Gwion
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gwion on Dec 26, 11 10:37 PM
The other fishies are not going to be able to help you, but the tech team certainly will.

That depends on whether the other fishies are tech help experts or not--plenty of us geeks love Big Fish games!

That said, the game didn't run for me with video card drivers from just last August; I had the same freezing/lag issues other people have mentioned. A quick update fixed everything.

If you don't know how to do that--and don't feel bad if you don't, because a lot of people don't know how to run DxDiag and download/install drivers, my mom sure didn't--the tech help folks can walk you through it. They can also tell you how to find out whether your computer meets the minimum technical specifications for this particular game.

Baranchi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by Baranchi on Dec 29, 11 9:59 PM
When I loaded the game, it was shifted up and to the left with the top and side cut off. The missing top section appeared at the very bottom. This renders the game virtually unplayable. This is preventing me from buying the full game. I'm a little disappointed, as I love the Ravenhearst series. Is there any way to fix this?

sprigmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

"Input signal out of range. Change setting to 1024x768 -60 htz"

[Post New]by sprigmom on Dec 30, 11 2:04 AM
"Input signal out of range. Change setting to 1024x768 -60 htz" No idea what the heck this is. Little box w/this text in it keeps floating all around the edges of my screen during gameplay. Never had this happen before. Running Vista.

I've tried changing display settings but they're already set to those specs!? Any clues? The blasted thing is driving me bonkers. It moves really slowly, so I have to wait for it to shuffle out of my way when I'm trying to do something.

Happened when I was playing demo a while ago as well, but dummy me forgot and just remembered I wanted to buy this game. Sigh...

Just uninstalled and reinstalled the game. No difference.

Edited on 12/30/2011 at 2:29:09 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 30, 11 2:36 AM
"Input signal out of range. Change setting to 1024x768 -60 hz"
This is a hardware fault and nothing to do with the game. It looks like your cable between desktop and monitor is coming loose.

dallipoo01
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dallipoo01 on Dec 30, 11 7:27 AM
I think it is unfair to create a game that we, the ones with older computers, cannot play. I tried to update my video card and it still wasn't good enough and I cannot afford a new video card or computer. So you need to do something so that all can play the game. You need to fix this issue!!!!!

[Post New]by xxsawer on Dec 31, 11 12:30 AM
Hello, am I the only person who is seeing this after launching the game?

[removed by moderator]

I have Win XP with all the updates installed
Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 AGP 512 MB - 11.12 hotfix drivers installed
I also installed latest flash player and shockwave player
My screen resolution is 1280x1024

If anyone could help me with this issue, I would be really grateful.

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 2:03:19 PM PST

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Dec 31, 11 2:58 AM
xxsawer wrote:Hello, am I the only person who is seeing this after launching the game?

[removed by moderator]

I have Win XP with all the updates installed
Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 AGP 512 MB - 11.12 hotfix drivers installed
I also installed latest flash player and shockwave player
My screen resolution is 1280x1024

If anyone could help me with this issue, I would be really grateful.

To me...It looks like a video/graphic issue on your end.
Could be that your (dedicated) graphic card memory is insufficient @512mb.
Good Luck!

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 2:03:36 PM PST

flojim223
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by flojim223 on Dec 31, 11 6:42 AM
I lost the red handle for music box. I had it. Thanks

flojim223
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by flojim223 on Dec 31, 11 6:42 AM
I lost the red handle for music box. I had it. Thanks

sprigmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by sprigmom on Dec 31, 11 7:17 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
"Input signal out of range. Change setting to 1024x768 -60 hz"
This is a hardware fault and nothing to do with the game. It looks like your cable between desktop and monitor is coming loose.

Thank you, Mr_Russ. I realized after posting that it was the same sort of boxed/message that I get when there's an issue w/my monitor (just got it recently.) I'll check the cable.

[Post New]by xxsawer on Dec 31, 11 7:42 AM
To Carole22759:

Hello, thanks for your reply, but I don't believe it is because of lack of graphic card memory. According to the specification only 128MB is required...
I also see, this is some graphical issue, but I upgraded everything and still no result
I also have latest directx installed. I made two screens from dxdiag utility:

[removed by moderator]

I didn't have any problem with previous releases of mystery case and also have any problem with other games. Just an idea...couldn't AGP card be the problem? Can anyone confirm, he can run Escape from Ravenhearst on AGP graphic card?

EDIT:
Here is another clue... I made a screenshot of the game manager

[removed by moderator]

Look at it...its all messed up...all those icons, scrollbars are missing... Any idea what could cause this problem?

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 2:03:59 PM PST

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jan 1, 12 3:28 AM
xxsawer wrote:To Carole22759:

Hello, thanks for your reply, but I don't believe it is because of lack of graphic card memory. According to the specification only 128MB is required...
I also see, this is some graphical issue, but I upgraded everything and still no result
I also have latest directx installed. I made two screens from dxdiag utility:

[removed by moderator]

I didn't have any problem with previous releases of mystery case and also have any problem with other games. Just an idea...couldn't AGP card be the problem? Can anyone confirm, he can run Escape from Ravenhearst on AGP graphic card?

EDIT:
Here is another clue... I made a screenshot of the game manager

[removed by moderator]

Look at it...its all messed up...all those icons, scrollbars are missing... Any idea what could cause this problem?

From one of your screenshots, I did notice your DirectX is only version 9.0. From what I see in the required specs (copied below), you should have version 9.2.
Don't know if that would matter, but might be worth updating to that version. In the past, I've had the required specs with an older computer, but there were atleast a dozen games that wouldn't run. Once I increased my video memory all is well.
Good Luck! -Carole

Operating System: XP/Vista/Windows 7
CPU: 1.8GHz
RAM: 1GB (1024MB )
Display Memory (graphics device): 128MB
DirectX Version: 9.2
Hard Drive: 1501 MB

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 2:04:25 PM PST

[Post New]by xxsawer on Jan 1, 12 3:52 AM
To Carole22759:

I believe this is not the problem...
It's not DirectX 9.0 but 9.0c which is equal to 9.2. I think this is just some stupid Microsoft versioning which causes confusion. I downloaded and installed latest directx for win xp from here:

[removed by moderator]

Btw. look at the Date Published - 18.4. 2011 and its called June 2010 release...

I am 100% it's not because of the graphic memory - I have 4x more than minimum. This is why I posted the screenshot of the game manager...it's also messed up.

My computer is:
Athlon XP 2800+
2GB RAM
512 AGP 3850 graphic card
win xp

EDIT:
Ok, according to this article
[removed by moderator]

9.2 is just an update of 9.0c. It probably updates some parts of directx, but keeps the version on 9.0c so dxdiag displays it...

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 2:05:06 PM PST

[Post New]by doublejf on Jan 1, 12 4:51 PM
there is no place for me to look under the stairs i click on everything and there is no place to enter under the stairs in the foyer?/ I am stuck and cannot go any furthur in the game

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 2, 12 1:10 AM
doublejf wrote:there is no place for me to look under the stairs i click on everything and there is no place to enter under the stairs in the foyer?/ I am stuck and cannot go any furthur in the game
Have you placed the three parenting books on the bookshelf by the stairs? That opens the compartment under the stairs.

thagrouch19
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

books open and i click on close but it goes back to start option of game

[Post New]by thagrouch19 on Jan 2, 12 12:12 PM
i have already been playing the game like all the way to point of going into kitchen and now the book opens after i click on start game, but when i click on close book to go into game to play it takes me back to start part of the game i cant get it play. help please.. i have windows7 and it ran fine until i closed game out and played it next day and this is what happened. everytime i open game now the book opens and i close it it goes back to start. im uninstalling and i will repost if this helps or not

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 12:14:33 PM PST

[Post New]by elrondimladris on Jan 2, 12 6:05 PM
I had completed the maternity ward item and got the baby when Windows closed the game on an error message. When I returned to the game, (1) I had no baby, (2) I couldn't replay getting the baby, so (3) I've nothing to place in the carriage. Any ideas short of starting the game from the beginning? Thanks in advance.

insanewife
Flounder
Flounder
2,236 Posts

[Post New]by insanewife on Jan 3, 12 10:48 PM
I've read all the tech issues and didn't see anything about the problem i'm having. No problem downloading the demo but when i clicked on the play button i got the following message:

Error while unpacking program, code LP5.
Please report to author.

I'm going to try contacting Live Tech tomorrow to see what's up...I so want this game...

Everything in my puter has been updated including the video card...This is a puter set up just for gaming, so it has extra memory and everything else that could be added..I have over 1,000 games loaded on this thing (not counting what's in the Game Manager) including World of Warcraft, for my son when he visits...And i've only used about half my memory so far.

insane

laneyau
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by laneyau on Jan 5, 12 6:01 AM
I am only able to open one cell door with the code and not the other that leads me to obtain the blue handle. What do I do?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 5, 12 11:08 AM
laneyau wrote:I am only able to open one cell door with the code and not the other that leads me to obtain the blue handle. What do I do?
To open the cell on the right you need to find another code, which is in the monitor room on the ground floor. You can zoom in on one of the monitors, and then you need to change the channel on the monitor until you find a code. Remember that the code changes every 60 seconds, so you need to wait by the monitor until you can see it change before you run back to the cell to enter the code.

Go to: