mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 21, 11 7:43 AM
This is a fantastic game. I bought the CE and have no regrets. Loved it. Morphs and all. They do get less as you go along in the game. This game has "moxie"

Edited on 12/21/2011 at 7:56:42 AM PST

[Post New]by kingskreations on Dec 21, 11 8:43 AM
marlsmate wrote:This does not run properly even though I have uninstalled and tried again. Too bad - two flawed games in 2 days!!!!

Ok you put this in twice so far. Contact BF and tell them your problem and see if they can help you. OR post in tech problems section.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Dec 21, 11 9:35 AM
Wow, what a sicko game.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Dec 21, 11 10:59 AM
I forgot why I didn't buy this game! I played the demo (again) and quit after 3rd morphing view. Took all the enjoyment out of wanting to continue. I play games for relaxation, so staring constantly to find the changes is absurd to me.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Dec 21, 11 11:11 AM
Fun Factor: 4 1/2 stars
Visual/Sound Quality: 5 stars
Level of Challenge: 5 stars
Average Rating: 5 stars

Pros: Excellent production quality. Challenging puzzles.
Cons: Morphing object aren't much fun.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Dec 21, 11 11:31 AM
saphhire wrote:the game has excep graphics but not a game I will buy for all hidd obj scenes are morp scenes loved all the mystery case games this is the only one I will not be owning shame on you big fish didn't mind morp for a quirk in the games but I don't like just staring at a scene for hrs just to see if they change no thanks

Same here, and I was really looking forward to this game as I own all the others, but the morphing means a no buy for me

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Dec 21, 11 11:50 AM
This is an awesome game! I purchased the CE, which is something I do rarely, because I couldn't wait for the SE. I loved the morphing object scenes because it was different than searching for objects on a list. I let my eyes rest on the screen, and when I noticed movement I went to click the object. Of course, this didn't always work with rain and leaves moving, but it was great fun.
I look forward to more games like this. It is my favorite Ravenhearst game to date.

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Dec 21, 11 12:13 PM
marlsmate wrote:This does not run properly even though I have uninstalled and tried again. Too bad - two flawed games in 2 days!!!!

I have also had TWO FLAWED GAMES IN TWO 2 DAYS!!!!!!!
It seems I have saved myself some time though.
Dreadful reviews for yesterdays game and I loathe MORPHING.
No buy, or even demo for me.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Dec 21, 11 12:19 PM
I wrote a review of the CE where I felt really negatively about the morphing objects, but tried this demo again as SE and found they weren't as bad as I'd remembered So I bought it.

I am really enjoying it so far, but there's a LOT of wandering around (mostly aimlessly in my case) and without the help of an in-built SG a la the CE, it's hard work. Having said that, I haven't checked the WT as much as I would have done had there been a SG, and ended up doing more of the work myself. I have quit now for a while because I am massively stuck and need to think about where I might be going next. The part I have just played (getting into the lighthouse, the first bit after the demo) has been very puzzle heavy with only 1 morph scene, so I think this may hold true for the remainder of the game.

I'm gonna give it 4 because I do think it is a great game (so far), with super atmosphere, graphics and puzzles (I have skipped a couple I must admit, the fuse one was just beyond my tiny mind tbh), and the usual magical MCF feel.

It's just HARD

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Dec 21, 11 12:32 PM
Thank you for your post. I played the free version. I kept getting white squares all over the screen. You saved me money. I was so looking forward to this game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 21, 11 12:38 PM
jonah11 wrote:Thank you for your post. I played the free version. I kept getting white squares all over the screen. You saved me money. I was so looking forward to this game.

Many years ago, when I bought the latest "Myst" game, some of the graphics didn't show - I got white squares instead. I was able to lower some resolution that was built-in in the game (or whatever it was) so that I was able to see more of the game. In the end, I had to realise that my graphics card was no longer powerful enough to play more sophisticated games.

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

my game has sparkles and choice between expert and casual

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Dec 21, 11 12:46 PM
at the start of the demo I was able to select if I wanted to play expert which is the default or causal with casual I do have sparkles indicating the **** scenes . just change player , type in your name and it should give you a choice for easy or hard at least thats been my experience

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Dec 21, 11 12:54 PM
I, personally, think I would have rather bought the SE of this game instead of the CE, which I did buy. Mainly because the SG in the Collectors Edition really didn't help a lot, as others have commented on. A walkthru is available, I heard, and will help a whole lot better than the SG.

But actually, I didn't care for lthis game at all and wish I hadn't purchased it. The puzzles are hard and I don't care for the way they did the morphing thing..........more of a pain than anything else,

The next MCF I come across will be looked at more closely,that's for sure. Still, it is a good game, just not up to MCF previous standards as far as I am concerned.

For those who buy, enjoy. Maybe, after all, I am just being picky.

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Dec 21, 11 1:56 PM
I Just bought this game today, I have been trying to play it,but to me it just doesn`t add up to the other RH games, and the walk through isn`t much help. so I will place this sucky game back with Siberia, Back,beyond, the down ,below,

[Post New]by RedSox22 on Dec 21, 11 2:22 PM
Best MCF Ravenhearst game to-date......HANDS DOWN!!!! Finally, a challenge!Keep them coming!!!!

[Post New]by beachcomber65 on Dec 21, 11 2:37 PM
layzeedaisy wrote:Bought the CE some time ago and this game is definitely not for the beginner.

Morphs are much more fun to collect as bonus items. Substituting morphing items for hidden object scenes can drive you nuts!!

Also thought the whole game concept was pretty sick, particularly the hospital and maternity scenes. What warped and twisted minds our devs have !!

Not a replay for me and already deleted the game from my computer.

Calicohorse
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Calicohorse on Dec 21, 11 3:36 PM
I agree with liking the challenge of morph scenes. I agree with liking a challenge period. Many games are too easy and I have no issue with consulting a WT when needed. I had to check it out once during the demo! The morph scenes slow things down a bit and allows for more art appreciation. I've only done the demo so far but SE is downloading as we type. I'm a bit acared though re all the comments about the frightening parts. Hold my hand?

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Dec 21, 11 4:45 PM

The beginning of the game showed promise so I bought it (as a CE) BUT in summary...

I thought it was stupid, disgusting and unnecessarily gross: ie. dismembered body parts, twitching corpses and doctors mutilating patients, disrespect for pregnant women (aka supposedly manniquins), ....plus everything so dismal and cruddy and not scary at all, just a whole lot of yuck and bluck. I deleted it early on, never to be played again, ever.

I enjoyed the other Ravenhearsts though.... THEY were scary and fun. IMO if the devs had used their great talents in a different way, it would have been a great game, but this one was a ..... Mostly all a bunch of hype.

LoisMac
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by LoisMac on Dec 21, 11 4:54 PM
I don't care for all the morphs either. They take forever and I like to play the game rather than use the walkthru.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Dec 21, 11 6:48 PM

I have played and really enjoyed all of the other Mystery Case Ravenhearst games; I did, however, not like the morphing scenes. Maybe my eyes are tired, but once into finding the morphing objects, I did not think that they continued to morph. I had to keep using the hints in order to find the items. I liked the idea of this change, but just not easy for me to find the items. I think that I'll wait for this to go on sale too. From reading some of the other reviews, I am not sure I would like the hospital scenes. I am really glad that all of y'all truly great gamers liked it though. I like to think, but this one was really deep with little help. Thank goodness for the Walkthrough. I opened the Walkthrough and minimized the game so I could actually play the game. Maybe I am getting "old". lol

Merry Christmas from OnWI

(I wish we had a Christmas Tree or a Wreath for the holidays)

Go to: