MaryLent
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Re:Post any House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by MaryLent on Dec 24, 11 5:41 PM
Uh-Oh. I am at the witches house , nothing works. Can't access the HOS or click on anything. What up?

MaryLent
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Re:Post any House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by MaryLent on Dec 25, 11 6:41 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled , still NG . Changed to new player starting over.

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Dec 25, 11 7:40 AM
Totally crashed my computer. At the end of installation, got a blue screen error message and my computer shut down and restarted itself. Then when it finally started up (after all these scary messages) when I clicked on the game, I got error messages--something to do with the resolution on my computer and compatibility. Gee, I have Windows 7 wiill all the game bells and whistles. I tried to uninstall, and again got error messages. Tried to uninstall from control panel and uninstaller and it wouldn't let me uninstall. Restarted, tried the game manager again, it seemed to uninstall but it was still in my start up. Finally had to go into explorer and manually search for the files in my C drive. I've never had this problem before with BFG.

[Post New]by IrishDrm on Dec 25, 11 1:34 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:
bpurdum2 wrote:I am trying to put the flowers over the fireplace in the dining room like the painting but the game will not let me move the flowers into the correct positions. I need them to be right in order to open a cache with objects needed for the game.

I'm having the same problem! Stuck with the flowers!! Is that the only thing I can do is start the game all over again??? BUMMER!!

Edited on 12/25/2011 at 1:36:11 PM PST

[Post New]by adeline753 on Dec 29, 11 2:23 AM
EMERGENCY!!

after giving the nut kernel to the squirrel in the tree hole, I picked up the potrait but the gems couldn't pick up!!! Someone please help

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 30, 11 10:17 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are having any troubles with the graphics/display in the game or if the game is freezing, please first take a look at the following help article for some updates that might help with this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're unable to progress in the, you may first want to post your question in the Game Forum in case other players might have a tip for you. If you've done this and still cannot proceed, please write in to Tech Support with a description of the block and a Dr. Felix report and our reps will be happy to help!

Still need assistance? Our Support Team is always available and ready to help, so please don't hesitate to contact them. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

thagrouch19
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by thagrouch19 on Dec 30, 11 1:37 PM
hello im having issues with beyond objects, the one thats one the fireplace is missing, i havent picked it up at anytime i should have 31st object and i have back tracked, i have looked all over game to make sure i found all and have except this one. i am on the bull harness and placed it and the bull and it is suppose to move the bull, im thinknig but it won't. so that the entry to the mill is suppose to open the door to go inside. so i am thinknig its a tech issue. to many things are wrong here. one beyond object fireplace missing, and now the bull doesnt move after i have placed harness. so what should i do now. Should i uninstall game and reinstall it and start over or what? please help me figure out what else to do from here please.

Edited on 12/30/2011 at 1:40:05 PM PST

osbo54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by osbo54 on Jan 1, 12 7:35 AM
No matter what I do, I cannot move past the gondolier's arms. I have been getting help from everyone on the forum board and it does not work. There is something wrong with my game. I move the arms exactly like is shown in the SG, and the cache will not open. I have been trying to move these arms into the right position for 3 days now. I am ready to just remove the game from my computer and take the 20 buck loss. I am very disappointed!!!! And frustrated!!!!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jan 2, 12 3:16 PM
I played a hidden object game where you have to knit a sock to take it. I put the knitting needles on the sock and got distracted looking for other items. When I went back to click on the knitted sock, game wouldn't let me!!
Tried hint button but it didn't locate the sock. Will there be a fix please BF?????
I've been playing these games for years and buy most of the CEs.
Seems to me there are more and more glitches. I've had to restart 2 games from the beginning recently!!!

[Post New]by sanjari on Jan 6, 12 3:38 PM
Hy,
I saw several questions but no answer to the problem about blue gems in the squirrel nest and takeing them out. so please help

Sanja

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Jan 8, 12 11:42 AM
Access violation for me as well. OH well, no play for me.

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Jan 21, 12 4:01 PM
I am running Windows 7x64. Couldn't even run. Got error exception.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jan 21, 12 11:57 PM
my experience:
demo'd game...went great!
luv the game, purchased it on the 'sale' day for CE's
played several levels or rooms...then left to do other demo's
had some problems with other demo's and uninstalled all game in GM
today went back, d/l game, NOTHING SAVED!
since i luved the game i started over with my same name as before
played ALL DAY!...well left a couple times put on 'pause'
tonight got to the girls room, put the wheel on mill, pulled the lever...BAM!
water flowing and then the background around this window went to 'colorful rainbow pixels'...OH DAMN!...did a ctrl/alt/delet to get out!
so being of patient nature, uninstalled game again...reinstalled and used a 'new' name...hit play...black screen! ....NOW
did a scan on puter, cleared out data app files, deleted game manager....well just did a clean house on puter!
now back to ground zero, just d/l game again from my purchase history....will see?
if it does not work guess will tell me have to do a drfelixfix which is getting 'quite old'!..have had in the past two months more than my share of 'tech issues' on many games!...sad...am not happy at all!

[Post New]by Jack_Golitsyn on Feb 25, 12 11:29 PM
Purchased this game, just tried to play it for the first time and the Player Profile name entry field defaults to "26262626262626" etc. and won't let me change it. Any ideas why that would happen?

I tried deleting the profile and creating a new one and the same thing happens.

lakitten
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lakitten on Jul 8, 12 2:17 PM
I am not able to arrange flowers over the fireplace once in place. They are in the wrong order so I am unable to continue, Any suggestions on this?

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 2:22:43 PM PST

rudi3403
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by rudi3403 on Jan 4, 13 12:02 PM
I am also having problem with the hint button it has stopped working altogether
uninstalled and re-installed with no success.

[Post New]by just_jana on Feb 5, 13 5:00 PM
[i]Can not get pass the bird in the cage, help

[Post New]by jaded51 on Jun 10, 13 4:58 AM
Having problems with getting gem out of tree,,,looking at all posts.
Seriously? you want us to start over,,,are you kidding me? You're selling a game that doese not work..did you even try it before selling it? Get ahold of TS ,,,how bout checking your games before taking our money.This game is useless to me spent two days playing and now I can not move till I get the gem that will never be clickable. Shame on you BF former dedicated buyer!

[Post New]by dipakharwara on Jul 3, 13 11:27 AM
after giving the nut kernel to the squirrel in the tree hole, I picked up the potrait but the gems couldn't pick up!!! Someone please help

megmano
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by megmano on Aug 8, 13 7:40 PM
Please Mr. Big Fish, I am having a problem with arranging the flowers on the mantle piece. I have put them on the grill below but "it" will not allow me to put the flowers as the painting. I can't go any farther until I get the flowers done. I have read the forums and they also have a problem but there are no answers. Please help me. thank you

Go to: