mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Comments regarding House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collectors Edition

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 22, 11 10:09 AM
cbtx wrote:If "Mountain Crime: Requital" from this dev is a SE, how in the wide world does this game (much inferior to MCR) rate as a CE?
Just wondering.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing. Mountain Crime: Requital was a great game at an SE price. This one seems good but does not measure up to that game.

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on Dec 22, 11 11:35 AM
[b][i]Love everything about this game, except for one.

The demo is finished and I cant buy till next month.

My punch card is full

So roll on 2012, The first resolution I am making for the new year is to buy this game.

( and its def one resolution I wont be breaking)

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Dec 22, 11 11:53 AM
I found myself going to my bank online to see if i could afford the collectors edition just so i wouldnt have to wait to play. i have no shortage of unfineshed games so theres no rush to buy. i found myself pulling out begrudgingly and wanting to keep playing and playing. thats a good sign. theres certainly no need to pay extra for the stradegy guide when the hint system is so good so it all boils down to delayed gratification and my addiction to games. i only just want to buy one more and then i can quite any time i want to.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Dec 22, 11 3:42 PM
forneymary wrote: my addiction to games. i only just want to buy one more and then i can quite any time i want to.

Forneymary, I have only one thing to say:

"My name is Calsmom, and I'm addicted to games."

No offense intended to "friends of Bill".

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 22, 11 5:27 PM
LOL, I am addicted too...and this one is CE worthy. Very long game, too. Took me well over 7 hours. I had a wonderful day and part of the evening with this one. Can't wait for the next one. Kudos again to the devs.

[Post New]by Lady_Jesse_89 on Dec 22, 11 5:54 PM
ok for all of you who have played this game....Im having trouble getting the gems after giving the squirrel the nut. How do i get the gems if it wont let me?

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Dec 22, 11 7:07 PM
Has anyone found all the "morphing objects" what are they for? How many?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 22, 11 11:06 PM
Hi Penny,
I'm not sure whether there is an "extra" extra if you collect all of the morphing objects, but you are told how many there are and how many you have each time you find one.

@ all - This might not be in the stellar game category, (and yes I agree that the devs didn't take long to join in the CE game after Mountain Crime ), but I have enjoyed myself so far and the game is decidedly longer than one would anticipate - especially on the harder mode.
Mind you, I don't think I have travelled up and down in a lift so often since F.A.C.E.S. LOL
Still lots of riddles/puzzles to solve for me - including the really nasty-looking "door" in the parlour
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 22, 11 11:08 PM
Lady_Jesse_89 wrote:ok for all of you who have played this game....Im having trouble getting the gems after giving the squirrel the nut. How do i get the gems if it wont let me?

Hi Lady_Jesse_89,
Welcome to the games forums.
I see you posted this some time ago, if you are still having difficulties, pop back in so one of us can give you some advice.
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 22, 11 11:15 PM
PS.
Oh I forgot to add - regarding the "guess the number of doors" - well I forgot to count them myself
I suppose I should check the SG some time before I finish to count them - noth real and ethereal. LOL

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 22, 11 11:22 PM
mhatfie wrote:
cbtx wrote:If "Mountain Crime: Requital" from this dev is a SE, how in the wide world does this game (much inferior to MCR) rate as a CE?
Just wondering.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing. Mountain Crime: Requital was a great game at an SE price. This one seems good but does not measure up to that game.

Hi there,
As you probably know, BFG (and maybe others) has a number of requirements for a game to be a CE. It seems that this might be decided by the responses from the beta surveyors.
I recently beta'd a game that had all of the bells and whistles (and was great - can't wait to continue it), but no SG enabled etc - and really the hint system,inbuilt clues etc were enough to play the game. I commented on this - and added some extra comments regarding the SE vs CE stuff - but have subsequently discovered that the devs have posted on their website that their game scored 10 out of a possible 12 points from BFG to be a CE!!
So, maybe this game was given too many s without comments in the survey.
Cheers

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 23, 11 8:34 AM
Different viewpoints...I think this one is one of the few I do rate as CE worthy. It is really long, and kept my interest all of those hours. As for the trekking, I made good use of the map, so I didn't have to keep riding that elevator. The map also shows areas where you need to do something, so there wasn't an endless roundabout. I love this game.

[Post New]by chacky on Dec 23, 11 2:42 PM
Lady_Jesse_89 wrote:ok for all of you who have played this game....Im having trouble getting the gems after giving the squirrel the nut. How do i get the gems if it wont let me?

[Post New]by ManatiPuertoRico on Dec 23, 11 5:18 PM
OK Just finished the demo and I am liking what I've seen so far. I think I haven't purchases a CE before (price) but I have 2 credits and looking into getting this one. Any recomendations for CE's I am not sure which one to get. HELP?

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Dec 23, 11 10:33 PM
Just wondering.
This game by far puts alot of the recent CES to shame even EFR IMO If only from now on the CES in the future are as good as this one no one will have to complain that the price wasn't worth it IMO and the sequel is alreay in beta and the title states 1000 doors and from the people who got the pleasure to beta the sequel are saying this is true Then we know as players that good quality CES can be done and worth the money that from now on I know I will not settle for less and Devlopers should start taking notes on how a CE should be done!!!!!

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Dec 23, 11 10:40 PM
ManatiPuertoRico wrote:OK Just finished the demo and I am liking what I've seen so far. I think I haven't purchases a CE before (price) but I have 2 credits and looking into getting this one. Any recomendations for CE's I am not sure which one to get. HELP?
HI This is the game to spend your credits on by far the best CE that BF has put out in a long time its even better the EFR IMO that one was not worth a CE price one bit two much hype and a big let down this has it all and deserves the CE label 6 to 7 hours of game play an hour and 30 min bonus game a map that is awesome all the bells and whistles IMO this one won't let you down

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Dec 23, 11 10:44 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Different viewpoints...I think this one is one of the few I do rate as CE worthy. It is really long, and kept my interest all of those hours. As for the trekking, I made good use of the map, so I didn't have to keep riding that elevator. The map also shows areas where you need to do something, so there wasn't an endless roundabout. I love this game.
I agree with you 100% this should show all of us that if a game is going to be put out as a CE this is the way it should be done instead of the garbage CES we have been wasting our money on lately

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Dec 23, 11 10:49 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
mhatfie wrote:
Just wondering.

Hi there,
As you probably know, BFG (and maybe others) has a number of requirements for a game to be a CE. It seems that this might be decided by the responses from the beta surveyors.
I recently beta'd a game that had all of the bells and whistles (and was great - can't wait to continue it), but no SG enabled etc - and really the hint system,inbuilt clues etc were enough to play the game. I commented on this - and added some extra comments regarding the SE vs CE stuff - but have subsequently discovered that the devs have posted on their website that their game scored 10 out of a possible 12 points from BFG to be a CE!!
So, maybe this game was given too many s without comments in the survey.
Cheers
Mountian crime was a good game but IMO not for a CE price this game has it all I could have done without the music that was a little annoying but can't find one complaint on this CE will buy the sequel as soon as it comes out can't wait

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Dec 23, 11 10:53 PM
I just noticed that Murock didn't say anything about this game coming out this week I wonder why? Even though I am not complaining but I still hope the Grimm tales CE and the other game can't remember the name but it was another CE also and both games when I looked them up looked like great games!!! I hope they are still coming out this week!!

[Post New]by ManatiPuertoRico on Dec 24, 11 12:23 PM
rugrats299 wrote:
ManatiPuertoRico wrote:OK Just finished the demo and I am liking what I've seen so far. I think I haven't purchases a CE before (price) but I have 2 credits and looking into getting this one. Any recomendations for CE's I am not sure which one to get. HELP?
HI This is the game to spend your credits on by far the best CE that BF has put out in a long time its even better the EFR IMO that one was not worth a CE price one bit two much hype and a big let down this has it all and deserves the CE label 6 to 7 hours of game play an hour and 30 min bonus game a map that is awesome all the bells and whistles IMO this one won't let you down

Thanks rugrats299 I am getting the CE but to my surprise they are on sale today so I will be buying at the 6.99 price and save my credits for future purchases !

Go to: