linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Re:Reviews for "Haunted Manor: Queen of Death"

[Post New]by linda43416 on Jan 8, 12 1:27 PM
Just had to comment on how beautiful the art work is in this game, I could spend a lot of time just looking at the rooms. The details are awesome, from ceiling to floor and all in between. A couple of the games were a bit challenging, the piano game, as someone else wrote didn't make a bit of sense to me! Love all the hos' at the end, well done scenes. Am enjoying and know will hate to see it end!

nosake
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nosake on Jan 9, 12 11:50 AM
I don't often comment on games but am pleased to say that I'm loving this one. It's just frustrating enough to keep me edgy, and that's a good thing!

ceri4hc
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ceri4hc on Jan 11, 12 2:50 PM
One of the best games I have ever played, yes the sparkles do lead you by the hand but there are lots of things to do other than find hidden objects.
Length of game VERY good. Graphics VERY good. I always turn off music and background effects so cannot comment on those. No technical hitches, game ran fine.
POSSIBLE SPOILER !!!
Ending leads you to expect follow on, I hope so.......
Well worth the money - way to go BF and DEVS.

Heather.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Jan 12, 12 9:53 PM
In agreement with these fishies. Beautiful artwork and music! Great length....don't need a bonus game! Not too hard but not easy, but so many places to go and things to do, took a long time.

Would only mention a couple things others said....sparklies not necessary and would like to be able to turn them off. When going back to same HOG scene 2-3 times, prefer not to have the same object come up each time. So many different objects in each scene that you could go back many times and never have to choose the same one.

Hope there is a sequel!

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jan 13, 12 11:05 AM
Looks like a nice game, but no option to turn off the sparkles. So a no buy for me.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Jan 13, 12 4:26 PM
angelfish106 wrote:I wondered why I didn't buy the CE of this game but it didn't take long playing the SE to remember. No option to turn off those irritating sparkles.

Shame the devs didn't think to add any choice of playing mode, instead of forcing the player to look at constant sparkles in the hope that they can do or find something useful.

No buy here; I don't want to be led around by things that are shouting 'look at me'.

Agree, and no buy here either.

barbjens
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by barbjens on Jan 13, 12 5:21 PM
I bought and played Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors last summer. I downloaded the sample version of Haunted Manor: Queen of Death and started playing - so far it's the exact same game. Am I missing something? Does the game change once I get into the house or is it the same game? I don't want to buy the same game twice!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jan 13, 12 6:47 PM
Wow, this game surprised me...i liked it alot...the length was fantastic for a reg edition. I am soooo glad that I waited for this instead of CE,,,tons of **** games to do. Good story & connected well with the first story. GREAT GAME!!!!

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Jan 15, 12 1:03 PM
I enjoyed the game. Good graphics and game play.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 17, 12 3:57 PM
Beautiful, beautiful game. Will now have to go play the first one.
:lots of back and forth, but really good hint system will give you
arrows showing the way. Really hope there is a sequel.

Did encounter what I can't help feel is a glitch. After I completed
the mini game on the upper stairs, it still kept showing me that
as an active area. Several times, when I clicked for a hint, it
took me back there with nothing more to do. It continued to show
as active, so I had to go to walkthrough a few times since I couldn't
get hint. Was able to finish the game with that still showing active,
so not a biggie, just annoying.

Really enjoyed this one. Nice to not have all scenes dark.

[Post New]by 1014Mousling on Jan 18, 12 2:41 PM
This game took me longer than I thought it would to finish Music is deliciously creepy especially the little girl's voice, nicely done. Graphics were good and I didn't feel like I was going around in circles, which happens in some of the HOGs. Puzzle were interesting and not too easy, so all in all a good game.

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Jan 20, 12 2:35 AM
This game was very good. Good Graphics, storyline, puzzles, and not too many hidden object scenes. The hidden object scenes that are in the game seem to be pretty well in period, without any really glaringly out of period objects. Game length is pretty good. This game is quite creepy, and holds your attention.

4.5 out of 5 stars.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jan 23, 12 10:15 AM
Just finished the SE version and enjoyed it very much. Great artwork. I even loved the opening scene where you sign in. I liked the way the dialogue was set-up so I could click on 'next' when I was ready to move on after having time to view the scenery. Everything looked so real. I liked the puzzles since I could do them. The only one I had to skip was the conductor puzzle as I wasn't able to figure out the logic to it. I personally would have preferred to hunt for the Daemon heads rather than finding them in a series of H0s, but that's just me. Certainly a quality game with a good story and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Jan 24, 12 2:57 PM
barbjens wrote:I bought and played Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors last summer. I downloaded the sample version of Haunted Manor: Queen of Death and started playing - so far it's the exact same game. Am I missing something? Does the game change once I get into the house or is it the same game? I don't want to buy the same game twice!

I don't know if you downloaded from the Queen of Death page (I assume you did), but it isn't the same game. The locations are not at all the same, nor is the setup (where in Lord of Mirrors you visit each room singly and don't go back and forth between them; you leave the rooms by cleaning mirrors). If you did load from the Queen of Death page, then there must have been something wrong with the download and it downloaded the wrong game. You might want to uninstall the game and try installing again. HM:Queen of Death begins outdoors at a stagecoach by a swamp. Hope this helps you!

manxie273
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by manxie273 on Jan 25, 12 3:58 PM
This is an excellent game, a lot more challenging than the usual run of the mill games that seem to be around. A lot of backwards & forwards, which personally I like, and a really good storyline. Great value for money too for a SE - got a good 6 hours of play out of this one. Best I've played in a while - the fact it didn't have a voice over, map or journal didn't spoil it at all for me as it meant you had to think a bit more about what to do and where to go, so was more of a challenge. 5 out of 5 for enjoyability.

Irishroan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Irishroan on Feb 8, 12 7:28 AM
I don't often write reviews but I had to say I really enjoyed this game. It was a tremendous mix of HO scenes, good puzzles, great graphics and a lot of fun surprises.

Spoiler alert:

OK - I loved the fact that there were things to do that had no impact on the outcome of the game. Red herrings that were just there for amusement (of the developers, no doubt).

Anyway - I liked it a lot.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Mar 14, 12 4:46 PM
No buy. The Sparkles are everywhere. Does not allow for one to think adn figure things out. Too bad.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Mar 14, 12 4:47 PM
No buy. The Sparkles are everywhere. Does not allow for one to think adn figure things out. Too bad.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Mar 14, 12 4:47 PM

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Mar 18, 12 10:54 PM
Oh my lord.

I would venture to say I'm not even halfway through, but this is hands-down the creepiest game I have ever played! The storyline is terrifying if I think about it too much, and the setting is perfectly macabre. I think the scariest part, for me, is the child's voice that sometimes sings in the background about "He's behind you...he's watching you!"

The gameplay is a mix - maybe some find the sparkles too hand-holdy, but I think there's a very satisfying amount of things to be solved on my own so I don't mind a little assistance. Some of the puzzles had me totally stumped. The hint button recharges fairly quickly and I don't ever feel too lost...just lost enough.

The only thing I really don't particularly like is whenever the demon appears, and vanishes while hissing "I am evil!" Well, duh. Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Overall, this is one that's probably going to haunt my sleep for a few days! Great job to the developers!

Go to: