DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

Re:DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

[Post New]by ASAPAIR on Feb 19, 09 12:27 PM
You are so RIGHT, I was very disappointed. If I had known how short and easy to solve it was I would never have wasted my money on this game I would have much rathered by something else. Even when the final closing scene came on I was in disbelief.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Feb 19, 09 12:37 PM
brausi wrote:hello
it`'s equal for me.
i have fun,perhaps I think later just like you.
but I stuck with finding the right point on the screen...bottom...to activate the blue screen...to use the blacklight..

can you help ??

thanks and best regards

susbrus from germany

Brausi, welcome to the forums.

I have sent you some information to help you.

Look over to the right of your screen, under your user name and avatar, where it says "My Messages."

Click on My Messages when you see a (1) beside it and you will see my message.

Good luck, and if you need more help you can PM me.

pisces8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pisces8 on Feb 27, 09 10:31 AM
I agree. It really was boring and too short

[Post New]by Barb101 on Feb 27, 09 12:20 PM
I agree, total waste of time and money. I was so dissapointed when it was over so fast. What a gip!!!!!

[Post New]by slim1328 on Feb 28, 09 12:33 AM
I totally agree. I wish I hadn't wasted my money. The game was too short, pretty well handed you the clues on a platter. Didn't didn't have to give things much thought. It told you exactkly what to do and the mini-games, a 5 year old could figure them out.

[Post New]by hookedontmgames on Feb 28, 09 1:10 AM
Hi...I appreicate the warning..I would rather know if a game is going to be crappy or not..I just tried the trial version of the new game today..the party one..what a load of crap!!..anyway..I do own the 1st Hauted Hotel and wasnt even impressed with that...keep the warnings coming!!!..thanks

Owlish
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Owlish on Feb 28, 09 2:26 AM
We, my hubby and I, throughly enjoyed this game together, we played at the same time! And if we couldn't find an object, we helped each other, Or got stuck in a puzzle we helped each other. Comicsellar gave it to us for Valentines Day, it was the best gift we ever got! For once we found a way to enjoy things totally together, hubby on his PC and Me on mine. Now we try all of our shared HO games together, and believe you me it was plenty long for that! We will look forward to more relaxed played Ho games, like this one!

[Post New]by MarilynHoney2 on Mar 1, 09 3:21 PM
I was very disappointed in this game, PLUS I w2as charged 9.99 when I understood it was supposed to be 6.99...
Return to Ravenhurst on the other hand was every bit worth the money

muttnutt
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by muttnutt on Mar 4, 09 2:51 PM
I agree with most of you, too short, too easy and left you with no sense of adventure, and I buy a lot of games from BF. Try Totem Tribe for a good game. Great for the explorers out there.

sbreed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sbreed on Mar 4, 09 3:23 PM
SO RIGHT!!!!
Much too short, puzzles were a joke, & I totally feel I wasted a game credit......

[Post New]by candy438 on Mar 4, 09 5:17 PM
this game was easy and far too short, it makes me want to be very cautious about buying more in the future

Edited on 03/04/2009 at 5:19:42 PM PST

[Post New]by rootbeer541 on Mar 5, 09 7:05 PM
Re O NOT BUY THIS GAME!
by ADTech on Jan 24, 09 9:11 PM
DISAGREE STONGLY with rootbeer. this was a great game that was fun to play, Also feel that rootbeer did write a proffesional opinion of the game. If you did not like the game you should give specefic reasons as why you did not like the game, this was not done in this case. Also it is not your responsibility to tell people whether they should buy a game. You should only critique the game and then let people decide on their own. I have previously submitted a detailed critique of this game on previous occassions and so will not repeat them here. Unless you can write a proffessional critique that gives specific reasons that support your opinion then the post is of no value.

ADTech...launching into a "proffesional opinion" on this game was just not worth my time. I had already wasted enough of it dealing with customer service to get my credit back. I didn't claim it was my responsibility to tell people anything about this game, it's simply a post to warn others...take it or leave it. It looks like most people agreed.

[Post New]by chainlink on Mar 11, 09 11:58 AM
so right guys and gals WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY! I played for an hour free..bought the game and 20 minutes later it was over. my first time buying and i have to rethink this. are all games the same way? RIP OFF is the best way to describe this game.

jcamp
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by jcamp on Mar 11, 09 1:55 PM
I cannot believe I did not think about checking out the forum on this game before I purchased it!!! I have purchased through Big Fish before and have been satisfied. This game is a total RIP OFF! I agree with everyone, it is too short and says "to be continued"..I do not intend to purchase the next installment. I never dreamed that it would not take you to the end of the game where you find out the outcome. I am very disappointed in this game.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Mar 13, 09 6:39 PM
I am so undecided.......everyone seems to think the games is so short and not worth it. Yet it has been a top seller for a long time and the description is so good. Is it really that short after the demo? Why does it keep selling so well? Even Gamezebo did not give it a great review.

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Mar 18, 09 9:13 AM
castellerin wrote:I am so undecided.......everyone seems to think the games is so short and not worth it. Yet it has been a top seller for a long time and the description is so good. Is it really that short after the demo? Why does it keep selling so well? Even Gamezebo did not give it a great review.

I have seen posts here that say that the first Haunted Hotel game was better than this one..Yet, I have also seen posts in other forums that say the OPPOSITE.....You can not take one forums word for how good/bad a certain game is...Try the demo and if you do not have a feeling you will enjoy it, simply don't buy it.....60 Minutes should be enough time for anyone to know if they will enjoy playing or not...

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Mar 28, 09 2:02 AM
far too short, shame i wasted a credit voucher from out very generous fish freinds, boo hoo, any one bought the ,search for the lost treasure, its like the musium i think??

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 28, 09 11:37 AM
castellerin wrote:I am so undecided.......everyone seems to think the games is so short and not worth it. Yet it has been a top seller for a long time and the description is so good. Is it really that short after the demo? Why does it keep selling so well? Even Gamezebo did not give it a great review.

Maybe it depends on the type of player you are? I wondered too and bought it anyway one day and I did not think it was as bad or as short as made out here. I am not a fast player though- I take my time and don't rush or skip puzzles.

I thought the game was fine.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Apr 4, 09 2:06 PM
FUNGAMEPLAYER -- these are my personal favorites --- James Patterson's "A Ddarker Shade of Grey", Lost in the city, Mushroom Age was fun and Siberia was very interesting but I needed a walkthrough to complete it! I tend toward hidden object or puzzle games.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Apr 4, 09 2:14 PM
As far as HH2--- I didn't enjoy HH1 all that much so don't think I'll go to 2. In HH1, I though the lighting made it very dfficult to see objects, I hated the energy thing and the letter thing. I'm just not good with hand/eye coordination. I thought the story was weird and didn't keep my interest.

Go to: