TGT: Hidden World of Art

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:TGT: Hidden World of Art

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 18, 09 12:09 PM
I'm still not finished. I'm going to stop keeping track - this is definitely not a game that I would consider "too short". I've only spotted that one repeated painting so far, and very few glitches. I'd say it's worth spending a credit if you like HO games and don't insist on minigames or adventure-type inventory, etc. There's a lot of variety in the types of HO games you get. Not a fantastic game, but worth playing, yes.

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 18, 09 12:27 PM
I bought it and i like it it.as kalvan said a little different.have gotten used to the reloading each time. am enjoying fixing up the apartment lol

Dahmom
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
430 Posts

[Post New]by Dahmom on Jan 18, 09 1:01 PM
I did only 7 min. of the trial, takes to long for games to load and the items are to easy to find,

Edited on 01/18/2009 at 1:02:06 PM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 18, 09 4:14 PM
I like the game too.

I agree about the loading time. They could have done something diff. in that area. I found that the more you played the harder the H O got. Some are in some AWESOME places.

We humans grip too hard!...Too easy!
Its like the weather here in Central FL. Last few days cold wait a week be back in the 70-80's. I like it cool.
Left north hated snow.
So, cold days off work play I tell hubby leave me alone I'm staying warm or turn on the A/C I keep cool.

How long is the game? Any one finish yet?

Happy Gaming

PEN

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 18, 09 4:17 PM
I finally finished it. The ending appeared to be an afterthought, and didn't give me a feeling of closure. If you click "Play" after the ending shows, all your cash and furniture disappears, and your gallery is wiped.

The game is definitely long enough. The first few scenes are too easy, yes, but many of the others are harder. On some scenes I had to buy an extra hint, which is unusual for me when there isn't a time limit. (One hint ok, 2 means that I've been tearing my hair out and gave up)

No, it's not my favorite HO game, and I won't be playing it again for a few weeks at least. Yes it's definitely worth playing. I do like the two unusual game mechanics of "find the pairs" and the bonus round where you need to find the 3 bonus items in order before continuing with the normal items.

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Jan 18, 09 4:20 PM
I played 45 minutes of this game and didn't delete it yet. That means that it is a keeper and I will probably buy as soon as demo finishes. Thank Lord for all your info on this game.....it has been very helpful.

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 18, 09 5:03 PM
Bought it....like it...definite replay....like the warnings about losing the bonus. I discovered that right out the gitgo...clicked the strawberries instead of the cherries...who knew...anyway it was a fun Sunday.

[Post New]by tikigirl_va on Jan 18, 09 5:13 PM
Hello HO lovers!

I enjoyed this game, hated the dialogue, but since you can quickly click through it, it was not too bad. I enjoyed the different types of games. I made it to the find the gems painting before the demo ended. Not sure if I will buy it yet, but as was previously said, it was a nice game for a Sunday.

Tikigirl

justnorma
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by justnorma on Jan 18, 09 5:54 PM
This game reminds me *alot* of Mystery of Unicorn Castle. IMHO, MUC was much better. I've learned that the music in a game can make or break the experience for me. I'll probably buy HWA. If you like this game, give MUC a try.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Jan 18, 09 6:06 PM
I liked it. It's different. Normally I'm not into "artsy" stuff so this was a pleasant surprise. I didn't have the sound on and I didn't play around with the furniture stuff so can't comment about those. The loading times didn't really bother me because of the amount of amount of detail in each painting. But then again, I'm feeling "under the weather" today so I'm running in slow motion myself.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 18, 09 6:41 PM
I must have missed Secrets of Great Art. Downloading now.....

edit: No I didn't miss it. It refuses to run in windowed mode on my 1280x800 resolution, full screen looks weird because I have a wide screen monitor, some of the items are tiny, and I didn't notice any "relaxed mode" option. Uninstalling....

Edited on 01/18/2009 at 6:47:18 PM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 18, 09 7:05 PM
I remember playing 1 of the H O games that used the same pictures, but there was a story behind each painting.

There was to be a 2nd part to it. The pieces added to the paintings was put there to leave a message. It was a great game, and I recall that some one showed up at this address after calling the house. They were to win a radio contest.
somebody remember the GAME?

I hate it went they bring out a game then you have to wait & wait & wait for the rest of the story ( if they do??)

OK this game is not it.
I like the game so far. I may $$

Happy Gaming
PEN
PS THANKS to those who have given their advice.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 18, 09 7:18 PM
I demo'd it, didn'y like it much, bought it anyway - LOL! Why? I love art. So far the "art" games have all been Duds in my book but i am getting tired of missing these great paintings so I dove in.

I must say that the reason I don't like it is the Silhouettes and the Spot-the-Differnces. I have a hard time with those even though I am very imaginative. I am actually doing very well with the Silhouettes and I have not missed a single 3 item Bonus. But, OH those Spot-the-Differences - Aaaaaagh I came to one of them and was doing what I though was pretty well. Found about 10 differences, figured that I must be almost done so I checked to see how many more I had to find (couldn't see any others). There were still 14 Differences to go!! I couldn't believe it

Except for the first Hint in each image, you have to buy Hints. I can't furnish that ugly room because I am too busy buying Hints. At least I make enough money to buy them

Boy! This is a long game but that could be because of the time it takes me to find all those Differences. At least I am enjoying the Art, my nose is stuck to the screen.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 18, 09 7:23 PM
I'm with you on the Silhouettes and Spot-the-Differences. What gets me is when the outline is a circle or diamond, and there's lots of things to click that are circles. Grrrrr.....

I've found the following technique useful in getting most of the differences. I very slowly draw my mouse vertically down the side, glancing back and forth concentrating on just the area near the mouse. Then I do the next vertical stripe, overlapping the first one a bit. Repeat until the entire scene has been scanned. If there are still differences to be found, I do it again, with horizontal stripes, because some things are easier to spot horizontally and some vertically. Most of the time after both scans I don't have more than one difference left to spot. (but it's boring and tedious)

[Post New]by orlandomiki on Jan 18, 09 9:36 PM
Dahmon if you only played 7 minutes you never got to the more difficult levels...I love this game and fixing up the apartment was kind of fun...It starts out easy but manages to get to the point you want to pull out your hair...I would recommend this one to anyone who likes HO games....

[Post New]by orlandomiki on Jan 18, 09 9:38 PM
Penrose...where in Central Florida...I am in Orlando...Didn't mean to change the subject just was surprised to see someone from the same area...

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Jan 19, 09 9:21 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Hidden World of Art.

Happy gaming!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 19, 09 11:40 AM
orlandomiki wrote:Penrose...where in Central Florida...I am in Orlando...Didn't mean to change the subject just was surprised to see someone from the same area...

I live in Arcadia....DeSoto County. We got hit with 3 hurricanes in '04. Charlie did the MOST damage.
Had to live in FEMA for a while. Our park was very good and everyone worked together to get other housing.
We had 1 lady who even went around helping others in the park,. She made sure NO 1 went hungry or naked.

NOW back to the GAME:

I was wondering "IF" anyone knew when the Secert of the Lost Art PART 2 was coming out???

PEN

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 19, 09 11:42 AM
bfgAegean wrote:Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Hidden World of Art.

Happy gaming!

thanks its easier to find answers.

PEN

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Jan 19, 09 4:13 PM
Lord has it right. I stopped for the same reasons.

Go to: