Orchard problems

Re:Orchard problems

[Post New]by sexypants1012 on Jan 19, 09 5:32 AM
i downloaded it everything seemed fine started loading finished loading and crashed closed and told me to jog on lol

Torillyz
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Torillyz on Jan 19, 09 7:11 AM
I saw somewhere that the Big Fish Orchard Installer is the right one? So that's why I got it. It's working fine for me! I'm running Vista =)

[Post New]by Uniqtabi on Jan 19, 09 11:22 AM
I tried to download the free trial and it gets to the loading screen and then shuts down. I decided to try downloading it off of IWin and it gets to the same point and shuts down, but at least it gives me an error message. The message states that the Application and ModName orchard.ifn had failed... Offset #00082882. Hopefully this will help BFG fix this as I am a longtime member and have purchased many TM games.

[Post New]by nemi_555 on Jan 19, 09 5:37 PM
Twice or three times now I have downloaded the trial version of this game and as soon as the orchard loads the screen goes blank and quits. It takes time off of my trial. Says I've played four or five minutes when I haven't played a second of it. I've read through everyone's posts here and have yet to see a reason for this happening....Has anyone been given a reason by Big Fish as to why this occurs?

I don't get any error messages. I've checked all the requirements and there shouldn't be any issue!

Anyone with any ideas?

[Post New]by whoajonesss125 on Jan 19, 09 6:58 PM
Yes 10 to 15min in to the games it tell me my time is up this was after i download the game so i could not play the game all the way for the full 60 min . I want to buy it but i dont if im going to have problems they are good about replaceing... but

Edited on 01/19/2009 at 7:02:52 PM PST

[Post New]by Penhaligan on Jan 20, 09 1:46 AM
Glad to hear it's not just me. I love farm based TM games and was looking forward to this. It just cuts off after the 'Preparing Orchard' screen.

Orchard problems

[Post New]by CellarBoB on Jan 20, 09 4:43 AM
motherx2 wrote:has anyone else had problems loading this game once you download the trial version????

I've downloaded this game from playfirst and had trouble when trying to play it.... so i deleted that file. now i find the same problem when i download it from here..... i'm so ready to scream

same her downloded getting booted, deleted and done the same lection twice from both sites. None of em work.

[Post New]by shyone2051 on Jan 20, 09 11:16 AM
I'm having the same problem. It shuts down right after it "preparing the orchard." No error message, just takes time off the trial.

Banes
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Orchard problems

[Post New]by Banes on Jan 21, 09 4:00 PM
I am also having issues playing the game. I download it and it shuts down any suggestions? please let me know. Thank You

[Post New]by jabberzzy on Jan 21, 09 8:46 PM
Still playing and making juices now...haven't run into any errors. The game's still pretty slow paced, but it's easier to play when you get to start with more workers...just get them cracking on all your buildings and plants.

[Post New]by shenacat on Jan 24, 09 2:46 PM
I was having a lot of problems w/this game too, it wouldn't run kept saying "unable to init dx8" and crashing out, leaving itself running in the background... I contacted the developers and they gave a "i dunno why it's doing that" crappy answer. Basically looks like they ain't planning on fixing anything... a shame cuz it was kind of a fun game the one time I was able to get it to run at all...

[Post New]by meowmie on Jan 25, 09 7:13 AM
I've played to the point where I can make pies then my system locks up and I have to reboot. Tried three times and I'm not happy!

[Post New]by naomiyu on Feb 3, 09 2:44 AM
Bomber12 wrote:downloads no problems

Just wont open when i click play now, goes blank then tells me unable to initize 3d game exiting !

same thing here. I was able to download and I bought it. my computer crashed and I had to reinstall windows with all the same programs and everything. Tried to download it at least 6 times and it still says the above quote.

[Post New]by ladytiamat on Feb 13, 09 8:35 AM
Same problem here, it loads, then crashes immediately after the "preparing orchard screen". Not going to bother with it if its not going to work.

[Post New]by eakluthe on Feb 13, 09 1:04 PM
Okay, I've had the same problems that everyone else had with the game not playing. I did get to do the trial on my laptop and daughter's computer but not on my desktop. I decided to check to see what the difference was between the computers. We are all running the same version of directx so that isn't the problem. The only difference that I see is my computer processor is slower. Could that be the problem? I am running an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.1GHz and the other two are running AMD Athlon 64 processors, one at 2.4 GHz and the other at 2.6 GHz. To check to see what you are running go to Start...Run...Type in Dxdiag. That will tell you what directx you are running and info about your computer. What is the requirement for running this game?

greylady5
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by greylady5 on Feb 14, 09 9:38 AM
I have tried twice to get this game for my grandkids. It downloads, but the only part of the screen showing is at the top left of the monitor. Any help with this issue would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Karen

[Post New]by jabagee on Mar 6, 09 3:53 PM
I purchased the game without downloading the free trial and when I click install now and then open nothing happens!

[Post New]by Uniqtabi on Mar 20, 09 10:56 AM
Are they ever going to fix thix problem? I just tried to download again and it still just automatically shuts down after the "preparing the orchard screen". I love time management games and I'm looking for something new to play but I can't ever seem to get this to work. I left a previous post and it doesn't seem like Big Fish is big on fixing this this problem.

[Post New]by jodietas on Mar 22, 09 11:18 PM
I can't save the game, I have tried all of the ways suggested on this forum - but none of them are working

As soon as I quit or return to the main menu I lose my level and have to start from the beginning again - it's very frustrating. Anyone have any more ideas?

If this cannot be fixed, can we get our game credit back?

Thanks for any help in advance

Jodie

[Post New]by Syndi_Rose on Apr 7, 09 4:36 PM
saengtawan wrote:Hello! had the same problem - after dównloading i started the game, but when it was fully loaded the game quit itself. after uninstalling and new download the same problem again!

I had the exact same problem. I've uninstalled and redownloaded this game 3 times and it does the same thing. So it isnt just a corrupted download there is something wrong with the file itself.

Go to: