Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Reviews for World Mosaics 5

[Post New]by Fiobo on Dec 30, 11 4:28 AM
Cptduzer wrote:fiobo, you can turn the counter off. in the options.

You are right!!! I only just saw this post, so had to download the game again and see I therefore issue an unreserved and grovelling apology to the makers of this game, I am happy once again

I will definitely buy it, though not right now as I spent too much over Christmas

Jeff_A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Jeff_A on Jan 2, 12 11:34 AM
MsHamster wrote:don't like that i can't use the right mouse click to "pushpin" - which is what i'm used to with WR - kept making the wrong action on the tiles because the right click was merely a toggle instead of the other action

Right-clicking can work either way. It's in the options. (And it should have started out the way you like it, like all the others.)

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Jan 3, 12 6:08 AM
We bought this after briefly trialling it because we liked World Mosaics 3 & 4, and they do have good replay value.

However, I am struggling to continue with it and one of the main reasons is actually the lack of a coherent accompanying story to encourage you onwards. Instead there is a mish-mash of comments apparently hurriedly gleaned from a children's encyclopaedia.

Another thing I find increasingly annoying is that unlike 4 this is not a "World" Mosaics game. Most of the festivals are either entirely restricted to those celebrated in the USA - e.g. 4 July, Thanksgiving, or describe how festivals originating elsewhere are celebrated in the USA - e.g. New Year, Mardi Gras/Karneval/Fasching, Oktoberfest - with little or no reference to their origins and how they are still celebrated there. (Yes, I know Day of the Dead is from over the border in Mexico.)

So, like I said, a silly and increasingly annoying mish-mash doesn't make for relaxed enjoyment of the game. I doubt I'll ever get to the point where I notice the lack of 25x25 grids.

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Jan 6, 12 1:08 PM
When I saw this come up I thought "Yay, not a HOG" even though W4 was so-so. But gave up and deleted after umpteenth 10x10 board - too boring. And I agree with another poster too USA-centric not 'world' at all. It would be good if the devs gave us the option to switch between board sizes such as used in Jigart etc. No buy and probably wouldn't even look at any further releases now.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jan 8, 12 9:39 AM
I really like this game and have played the whole series. Also you get a lot of bang for your buck because it takes a while to go through the whole game, plus you can play it over and over again.

There's just one thing I'd like to see change. It would be nice if the blocks were in the colors that they eventually turn into in the final picture while your playing. It's not altogether important, but I would like it.

[Post New]by mopboy10 on Jan 16, 12 8:53 AM
I HAVE PLAYED ALL OFTHE FIRST FOUR VERSIONS OF MOSAICS AND CONSIDER MOSAICS 5 TO BE BY FAR THE MOST ENTERTAINING. THIS GAME MAKES YOU THINK ABOUT EVERY MOVE BEFORE YOU MAKE IT, IF YOU TAKE THE TIME TO CONSIDER EACH MOVE, YOU WILL SEE WHAT THE BEST SOLUTION IS WITHOUT HAVING TO GUESS AT A MOVE. I ALSO LIKE THE EASE WITH WITCH YOU ARE ABLE TO SWITCH BETWEEN FLASHLIGHT AND PUSH PIN WITHOUTY HAVING TO GO TO THEIR BOXES TO CHANGE ICONS.

[Post New]by rcoast911 on Jan 26, 12 8:02 PM
I was looking so forward to this game. I immediately loved the music. However, I quickly lost interest in both the puzzles and the music. There were too many puzzles with the edges given to you. I would like to see fugazo games put out a more challenging grid, at least 25 x 25. I will hold my breath till the next World Mosaics 6!

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Feb 14, 12 8:33 PM
I b ought this one the minute I saw it was out! I have played it and re-played it constantly. This particular one started out with teh 10s, then 15s, and had lots of 20s. The bonus games were very challening too-- thoroughly enjoyable! And I loved the dark color background-- it made it much easier on the eyes!

Anxiously waiting for Mosaics 6!!!

herisf
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by herisf on Mar 29, 12 8:05 AM
I'm finding this game highly entertaining, but not for the gameplay. As others have said, the boards are not difficult enough. No, it's the content that is amusing - who knew that feathers were edible? I didn't know that they could be included in Thanksgiving stuffing! There were other bloopers scattered throughout the various holidays. The developers really needed to have someone better versed in English review their facts.

[Post New]by skitr88 on Jul 28, 12 12:39 PM
this is hard can you help me or give me a walkthrough

oct2447
Stingray
Stingray
5,937 Posts

[Post New]by oct2447 on Nov 9, 13 9:53 AM
catmartie......... most of the festivals may be restricted to the US, but the info given is mostly erroneous or downright ludicrous!!! If a developer is going to have a game that presents information as the story mode, then it behooves them to be sure the information is correct. The Thanksgiving one was absolutely ridiculous. These people have no clue what it is all about. I enjoy the mosaic games, but I want to scream through this one.

[Post New]by chadfo on Oct 21, 14 12:07 PM
I must be missing something. I'm only just beginning but when (on the 10x10) I find 1,1,3 or etc, I can't figure out where the numbers go. A lot of brain work for me. I'd like something a little less challenging. God forbid I get into the 20x20 or higher games, I'd never make it. Can these be solved by logic? Can you give me any hints? thanks

Go to: