gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Re:Reviews for Monument Builder: Eiffel Tower

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Dec 27, 11 2:03 PM
I dunno... jury is still out for me. I HATE really really HATE being "Player A" Seriously devs... it's not hard to program and it matters. Also the fake "blah blah blah" pretend voice overs that don't really say anything were very annoying. Is this an older game??? Seems like it since it starts in windowed mode and you have to watch the beginning that way before it allows you to change to full screen.

For game play... hmmmm... seems like I spent tons of time just clicking to gather, clicking to deliver, click the spot then click the words to actually do the thing... click click click... with no thinking involved. I never did figure out exactly what was going on... how much of something was needed for scaffolding etc... so how am I supposed to actually plan something out? Passed all the levels at gold with no effort and I'm no builder whiz so that tells me this game must be really easy. Didn't play all the demo though... saved some to try it again later.

Mostly I can't decide because I REALLY hate to reward them for the "Player A" stuff... Grrrrr.

[Post New]by just_my_thoughts on Dec 27, 11 3:17 PM
I love playing a good game that requires both, using the brain as well as quick reaction and coordination skills. This is what keeps the mind fresh and flexible. I also appreciate and enjoy efforts of developers if they try to apply a hint of real art work and/or education in their design. Kudos to all of those developers who still put their ideals above profit oriented mass production.

Unfortunately, most of today’s games are based on the plain psychological recipe: the more simplification and routine in brain and mouse movement combined with some stunning optical effects plus, maybe a bit of shiver, the more addictive the game - and with that more sales and more profit. Why could it otherwise be possible that the gaming industry can make billions of dollars year after year with brain and eye killing hidden object games en masse? The law of Supply and Demand also applies to the gaming market and their portals, including Big Fish. So, it is not the fault of Big Fish that the supply of HOG/IHOG totally outnumbers any other genre. It is the buyer who determines production trend and development.

The real pity is that those brainless games now seem to determine the scale of rating for any game.
Okay, everybody has the right of their own opinion, preferences and capabilities. But I think that nobody has the right to trash the efforts of others without even a glimpse of understanding, as done in this forum. I am truly upset about the way and words from some of the members here, and I would like to apologize to the developers. Please don’t get discouraged by those folks who cannot yet (or anymore) appreciate real art and thinking. There is a better audience out there for your efforts to bring some culture and challenge back to the games.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Dec 27, 11 4:41 PM
I only lasted 10 minutes with this game. I was hoping it would be similar to Get Richer or Royal Envoy. Not even close. It seems you have to guide people with their load to the office. I was very bored, very quickly.

Catzen
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Catzen on Dec 27, 11 6:24 PM
I have to agree with everyone who doesn't like this game. It is slow, boring and the graphics didn't do anything for me.

I played for about 10 minutes then deleted it.

[Post New]by SmokeyMtnLinda on Dec 27, 11 10:25 PM
Gosh ... I'm a little overwelmed ... I do agree regarding the ABC profile, but so far I'm really enjoying the gameplay, unique graphics of a past era and the history lesson. It's a definate buy for me. Thanks BF, always glad to see a new Time Management Game come out. And especially not too dashed or frenzied. I like it!!

[Post New]by dukesmama on Dec 28, 11 5:50 AM
I enjoy the game so far, still playing but as i level up the harder it gets, sick of the hidden object games that you guys put up.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Dec 28, 11 6:53 AM
I like this game, too - even though I didnt from the start. And it doesnt stay easy - or am I doing something wrong? I think it gets to become quite a challenge and has me working hard for the gold

I dont care that much about the not-so-cute graphics - sort of expecting it since I thought the developers were french (no offence they just do graphics differently...or did...or whatever )

And okay - Im an A in this game - old school - but so what? Noone in my family wants to see my name on the game score list anyway with me being the only gamer here - LOL.

And I totally agree with some of you in here - far to many same-old, same old HOGs - lets get some more Royal Envoys

Happy new year to you all

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Dec 28, 11 7:30 AM
I'm not a time management junkie, usually I hate them. However this game allows me to repeat levels and seems to give even me enough time to finish, once I know what I am supposed to do.

Didn't finish, but already know I will pick this up, preferably as a DD.

Can't speak to the music, since I turn all sounds off (my dog gets upset otherwise). The graphics don't bother me at all. Yes, it would be nice to be known by a name, but I'm too busy while playing to pay attention to my name.

This may not come up to the expectation of the expert TM players, but you have to draft new players or soon there will be nobody to buy them and no new ones will come out. I read constant complaints about all the new Hidden Object games coming out -- and there are a lot. However, if you read the reviews, you will find that some are extremely easy, especially for HOG experts. But they realize you have to have games at all levels of skill. Support the easy ones; at least don't denigrate them as reviewers have done this game. You put off beginners, who now might not even download and try the game.

I don't even like time management games. If I'd not found other times I disagree with the majority opinion, I might not have tried this game. But I did. And I like it.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 28, 11 4:02 PM
I don`t like this game very much. Its very slow and uninteresting. For me its a no buy.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Dec 28, 11 11:31 PM
Well based upon the majority negative reviews for this game, I almost was not going to even demo it, but I decided to anyway, and glad I did. No, perhaps it is not the best TM building game, but I found it rather charming, and a bit of a challenge several levels up. I decided to use a game credit on it. I'm actually curious to the final production. I also enjoy the music, and had no tech issues at all. I have grown to enjoy TM games, as well as my usual HOG, Adventure, etc. This one is really not that bad, IMO. The graphics are actually cute... just wish they were a little bigger.
At first, even in full screen mode, It did not appear to be so, with large black side bars, but rather quickly, I became accustomed to it, and didn't even notice. The game can not be considered a real brain teaser or twister, but then again, there are times, after twisting my brain in the real world of work and responsibilites, I rather welcome just some plain relaxing fun, though, as I mentioned earlier, there is a bit of a challenge, & use of putting on the thinking cap via choosing timed priorities, so this game is not dull at all.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 29, 11 9:21 AM
Have to agree with the majority here, in that this game was so dull. Two TM games in one week and I've tried both and not liked either!
This is just click and gather, click gather. And that's really it. Graphics are poor and I muted the music straight away!

vero0655
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by vero0655 on Dec 29, 11 9:36 AM
i agree this is realy a bad tm game, i bought it and it was really stupid, and if you get to level 4-8 it is imposible to pass it. dont buy it.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Dec 29, 11 3:24 PM
Hmmm...I think you must have done something wrong then? - I just got gold on 48 - but THAT took some clicking

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Dec 29, 11 5:22 PM
I'm happy I wasn't put off by all the negative reviews.
This time management game was unique, challenging and fun.

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Dec 29, 11 8:33 PM
hated the custom cursor - never seemed to click on what i wanted - once i disabled that, it was much better

a little too boring compared to other TM / builder games - didn't struggle at all to meet the gold time - too much clicking to send the loads to their destination

interesting story line, would have liked to see the ending where the tower gets built, but not worth a credit to play anything beyond the demo

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 8:33:39 PM PST

goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by goofygran on Jan 1, 12 4:57 AM
i read the earlier reviews and almost did'nt even dowload the trial. Glad i did though cos i like this game. It's not as callenging as some other building games but it's relaxing up to now, I like the graphics and the music can be turned down. Will be using a credit on tis one.

goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by goofygran on Jan 1, 12 4:58 AM
ps. excuse the typos...i think my keyboard needs new batteries

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Jan 2, 12 9:42 AM
I almost didn't try this because of all the negative reviews. I don't understand many of them. The graphics are fine on my computer. I don't know if it's a resolution issue or something because there are so many comments about the poor graphics but they appear quite nice on my system.

It's not a Build a lot game--it's much more of a strategy game in determining what resources you need to complete levels and how best to manage those resources.

I've found it to be quite challenging even though these games are usually pretty simple for me.

Glad I gave it a try.

[Post New]by smadkitty1975 on Jan 2, 12 10:54 AM
Like it alot, it's abit like the build a lot games I think, stuck on part 5 level 6, I can not see how it is done

goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by goofygran on Jan 5, 12 5:27 AM
re-posting this in here in case the ops decided i posted in the wrong place

Just wondering how many people gave up on this game before it got good. I almost didn't download it because of the negative reviews. The hour trial doesn't even give a hint of how challenging some of the levels are and if anyone says they got to level 4+ on the trial then I don't know how cos I've been playing for a couple of days now and I'm still on 4-3 (and stuck btw) Although there is not the variety of commodities to make like in farm frenzy and not as many building types as in some other TM games, the challenge in this is a logic puzzle and not a speed click thing. Although you do have to be smartish on some of the levels. All in all it doesn't deserve the slating it got in those first reviews and I suspect that some of the reviewers didn't give it a chance.. it's thumbs up from me.

Go to: