Re:Reviews for Vampires Vs Zombies

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Jan 4, 12 1:57 PM
this looked like it was going to be fun but not so what ever combo i tried couldnt get gold award more vamps need more money time runs out less vamps need less dosh but they couldnt catch a cold their so slow so no gold think i'll stick with flo and the dash games

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Jan 9, 12 5:39 PM
This game is harder than the Farm Frenzy games to get gold that is for sure! The graphics are amazing, so much attention to detail. A walkthrough would make it more fun for me. I have been enjoying the game play quite a bit. I loved all of the Farm Frenzy games. I haven't been able to get much gold (first 9 levels and some other random levels) and usually I gold 90% in the Farm Frenzy games.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jan 16, 12 4:27 AM
Tried this game as a demo, read the reviews including the ones where people complained about slowness of play etc. Then I was converted and bought it
So far loving it as it is a real Time Management game where the way to win can be different . It does not so far require arcade like key clicking to get a factory to process faster. (clicking does not seem to speed up the factories at all, so the way to win does depend on strategy and time management.
Th complaint about waiting for the dumb vampires to plant pumpkins does not hold water as you had the same wait when you were waiting for ducks ostriches fishes to lay eggs.
Someone also complained in a review about the slowness of the horse and cart when selling produce. The FF series had an average of 21 seconds at the basic level. Vampires v Zombies is 15 seconds so less waiting thus game play is actually a bit faster.

Dumb vampires wandering into the light is on a par with dumb fish wandering into bears, At least the light spots don't move around the play field like the bears did and if the plant is far enough off the field you can ignore it for some time.
All in all I am loving it so far and have gold up to level 7.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Jan 20, 12 10:39 AM
I love it!

The first 11 levels I did silver, but you can replay them and continue to collect stars so you can beef up your factories.

Into the 30's and 40's I started to get silvers and gold, and am working backwards before I continue all the way to level 75.

I love that you have to think about each levels' strategy - sometimes add more vampires, military men, helpers,..., sometimes sell off the vampires as well as the supplies. Makes me use my critical thinking skills!

I like replaying the levels until I get silver or gold - each trial let's me hone in on the strategy needed. I've spent well over 10 hours playing, with much more to go.

NOTE: I am NOT a fan of dash or growing games, love Royal Envoy.

Edited on 01/20/2012 at 5:46:50 PM PST

teddybearusa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by teddybearusa on Jan 23, 12 5:00 AM
THIS GAME HAS NO FUN TO IT IT STINKS DONT BUY IT NOT WORTH THE MONEY BEWEAR

vero0655
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by vero0655 on Jan 24, 12 1:06 PM
HI I AM SO MAD WITH THIS GAME, I FINISHN THE GAME AND WANTED TO GO BACK TO TRY TO MAKE GOLD ( wich nis impossible ) AND EVERYTHING ERASEES AND NOW I HAVE BEGIN AGAIN.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Jan 25, 12 12:05 PM
vero0655,
This was written about in the forums. As long as you don't play level 75 you can go back to any previous level.

Still, the developer should change this!! [removed by moderator] - are you listening?

Edited on 01/25/2012 at 1:35:31 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 25, 12 1:35 PM
Hi fishies,

I just wanted to remind everyone that this thread has been reserved for reviews of this game only.

If you're experiencing any technical issues, please let us know by posting in the 'Tech Issues' thread and by contacting Tech Support for further assistance.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 31, 12 7:43 PM
I really enjoyed the game once I figured out how to play it. You can see the similarities to Farm Frenzy, but it has a number of differences, including fun graphics and an interesting story. One big difference is that most of the bad guys don't steal your products, which, as a slow clicker, I appreciated.

Another difference is that coin goals can be met at any time during the level. So if the goal requires you to get 1000 coins, you can get them and then spend the money on upgrades. That allowed for a lot of variations in strategy.

BTW, I have posted a gold walkthrough for every level in the game in this forum. There are 15 levels in each thread. So if you liked the demo but felt the need of a walkthrough, it's there. Like most TM games, there are many ways to solve each level, but I thought this might help.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 01/31/2012 at 11:38:42 PM PST

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Mar 29, 12 10:03 PM
Fun variation on the farm frenzy games.

[Post New]by gillianchansam on Aug 8, 12 6:27 PM
Janette5 wrote:Well this is new - it's a bit like Terrafarmers / Farm Frenzy but intrigued me enough to buy it.
There is so much going on that I felt like it was more strategy than clicking. When to use the gimmicks to produce more; when to buy more; remembering to buy goods from the market in time, to produce darkness potions etc. Most of the time I forgot and ran out - which would create a lot of replayability - to see if one could remember everything in sequence and then get gold.
I had enough stars to buy all the upgrades even though I was able to get gold on only one level and I replayed it to get gold. In order to get gold I think one would have to work out the puzzle or strategy for the level i.e. have the exact amount of vampires and know when to sell them as well as the pumpkins. This looks like it would be really challenging to do.
It looks like it has many levels - not a short game.
Although there is a timer one can play until finished - it limits the amount of stars you get so I suspect you would run into a problem eventually as you wouldn't be able to get the upgrades.
About the story – South Africa is a democracy. We do not have a dictator (yet). We don’t play American Football – please don’t dress the zombies here in USA uniforms unless they come from there … also we’re a country on the southern tip of Africa (our name is a dead give-away) – showing then the African continent and arrows from Northern Africa – well now – apparently we’re really good – we invaded and conquered the whole continent. (I don’t think we want it though …)

LOL. I love this, my fellow South African. Thanks for putting them on the right path.!

[Post New]by tgihvaa on Jan 13, 14 12:44 PM
Fun game and I did figure how to get gold on all the levels. Having three unobtainable awards though is annoying. If you offer it, then make it possible!

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Apr 28, 14 4:53 AM
I really LOVED this game. I finally got around to playing it this weekend as it has been in my Game Manager for ages. What I was particularly happy about is it was so much like Farm Frenzy.

The latest Farm Frenzy I bought site unseen only to find out afterwords that my computer is too old (WindowsXP) to play it. Needless to say, I was disappointed as I have purchased, played and loved every Farm Frenzy before this one.

This game, Vampires vs Zombies, is really worth the money too. 75 levels! How rare it is to find a game with that many levels these days. I felt spoiled.

It was such a blast to play. It's become a favorite. Thanks for having it, BigFish.

Go to: