dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Bane of the Family CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by dippydebby on Jan 3, 12 2:41 PM
Placing the last two boards on the ship is just not happening for me. Reboot and uninstall, reinstall, arent solving anything. The boards will not move! I spent 20 minutes trying, but not a chance! what else do I try?

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Bane of the Family CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by tredzwater on Jan 4, 12 9:46 AM
sammiJ wrote: Game locked up going onto the ship, had to ctrl/alt/del out! Blech..anyone else had this problem?

Yes. Me. Now I'm afraid to re-run it. The warm boot didn't work. I had to unplug my computer.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Jan 5, 12 6:35 AM
it seems that everytime i play these games from this developer or maker, it pauses between scenes or freezes every now and then. maybe the maker needs to check their games. it started out very intresting. would like to buy. please fix your games. i have windows vistas. thank you.

[Post New]by TartOfDarkness on Jan 6, 12 11:47 AM
First game I have ever had to do an uninstall and reinstall. Where you first talk to the Count froze up and then in the lighthouse the game on the wall with 3 phases, on the final phase, I couldn't solve (despite the SG) and the skip button wouldn't light up. Ugh. For $14 I should NOT be having these kind of problems. I love ERS games but I am most unhappy with the glitches.

[Post New]by Phthon on Jan 8, 12 10:27 AM
I accidently chose 'Hard Mode' on the bonus play, I don't like this because I get no information about the locations or objects. I wish to change it but I can't find where. I usually play in Hard Mode because it makes the game more challenging for me, but this is just highly annoying.

Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Mokabean on Jan 9, 12 7:21 AM
I chose hard mode but I see sparkles on the hidden object scenes, this isn't the first game that this happens in.

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Jan 12, 12 8:07 PM
I was enjoying the game until....I can't access the HOS at the back of the carriage. I click and click. There is no HOS on the top back of the carriage. I need the reins for that horse. I can't go any further in the game! grrrrr! Does anyone have any suggestions?

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 17, 12 3:44 AM
Hi everyone,

For those of you experiencing performance issues, I can suggest disabling the custom cursor option from the Options menu, this can often solve sluggish performance or game freezes.

Additionally, you could try updating some of the graphical components needed for this game if you hadn't already. You can find the steps in the below help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Geener_Weener, often when H-O scenes are not popping up, an item has been missed. Have you checked the tunnel yet to see if there are any missing H-O scenes there? I can also suggest checking the room before the count's hideout.

Phthon, you should be able to switch to an easier mode by creating a new player profile from the main menu.

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

Edited on 01/17/2012 at 3:44:34 AM PST

[Post New]by versaiie on Jan 25, 12 4:57 PM
When the 3 wolf medallions are placed in the cabin 2 are placed in the incorrect spot! And they are not moveable! so at this point stuck :[

[Post New]by linda4646 on Mar 1, 12 12:22 PM
At the top of the lighthouse you use a spyglass. After viewing you get a message and some symbols that are high lighted in your notes/journal. Supposedly you press these same symbols on the wall safe to your left. I have done this over and over. Also checked the walkthrough and there just isn't anything else to do. The symbols don't work for me. So I can't continue on with this game....I read on the forums some other players were having the same problem....did anyone find a solution for this? At this point I no longer can play the game....all help greatly appreciated. I have e-mail tech-support as well. Thank you.

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Mar 5, 12 2:58 PM
linda4646 wrote:At the top of the lighthouse you use a spyglass. After viewing you get a message and some symbols that are high lighted in your notes/journal. Supposedly you press these same symbols on the wall safe to your left. I have done this over and over. Also checked the walkthrough and there just isn't anything else to do. The symbols don't work for me. So I can't continue on with this game....I read on the forums some other players were having the same problem....did anyone find a solution for this? At this point I no longer can play the game....all help greatly appreciated. I have e-mail tech-support as well. Thank you.

It's a while since I played that bit, as I did it in the demo and have only now bought the game, but I remember having a struggle with it. As I remember, it was something like the ones I thought should be "in" were actually "out" and vice versa. That is, the walkthrough shows it but you have to look hard. Hope this is some help.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Mar 10, 12 10:33 AM
Using iMac Lion. Downloaded the trial. First click and game simply did not open. Got it to open and played until the tomb scene with the coffin and the seal. GM shut down and the game shut down. Tried again, and got to the tomb and was playing the seal mini game when it completely shut down my computer. Dumped the game.

Busanee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Busanee on Mar 13, 12 3:50 PM
When I scroll to the bottom of the screen to get to my inventory items the menu screen pops up as if I paused the game or clicked in the menu button. It's so annoying because I have to keep hitting continue to play the game every time I accidentally scroll too far down for the game. Is it because I am on a Macbook Pro? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Riquelme on Mar 14, 12 6:14 AM
Busanee wrote:When I scroll to the bottom of the screen to get to my inventory items the menu screen pops up as if I paused the game or clicked in the menu button. It's so annoying because I have to keep hitting continue to play the game every time I accidentally scroll too far down for the game. Is it because I am on a Macbook Pro? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

It's not because you are on a Macbook Pro, I have got the same problem on my iMac.
The game is playable, but only when you move your cursor very slow to get your inventory items. And even then I sometimes get the pop up. Very annoying.

Busanee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Busanee on Mar 14, 12 3:18 PM
Yes it is very annoying...I hope ERS does not do this in future games.

Edited on 03/14/2012 at 3:20:53 PM PST

[Post New]by kateritholbert on Oct 21, 12 7:40 PM
Okay I am getting really annoyed. I have done EVERYTHING it says in the help area and the game STILL turns my computer off after a little bit of play.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Oct 28, 12 9:57 AM
VERY frustrating. I really like these Shadow Wolf Mysteries I guess. I keep buying them. Everytime they get to a certain point and then freeze. The error mesage is always something about tried to read xxxxx but got xxyyy. It is always when I try to go to the next scene. With this game I get to the second floor of the hotel and unscrew the doorknob's face plate. If I turn around I can go anywhere in the game but if I try to open the door the game freezes.
I am back today to see if anyone ever figured out a fix because I want to buy the next Shadow Wolf Mystery.
Sounds like it would be a bad idea. I wish it weren't 'cause I've just finished my 60 minute trial for the next Shadow Wolf and really want to buy it.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 28, 12 12:48 PM
Hi kateritholbert and lentenrose,

It sounds like you both are having an issue with the game freezing or crashing on you.

The first thing we suggest in that case is updating your video card and graphics drivers, and the programs that handle the display and sound for the game. We go over that process in our help article here.

If you try that and are still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to see what else might be causing the issue and can work with you directly to get things resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: