darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Comments for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Bane of the Family Collector's Edition

[Post New]by darksprires on Dec 30, 11 8:31 AM
I enjoyed the demo, but I won't be buying the CE version for two reasons. The first is someone said there was no bonus content and the second is so many comments have been deleted from the review thread. Since I didn't read any of them, I have to assume they weren't favorable. And yes, I did read the comment to say they were deleted for being off topic. Fine, but I can't judge that for myself.

If I pay CE price, I expect a bonus chapter. It is quite possible I will wait until this is an SE and then use up one of my free credits.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 30, 11 8:45 AM
darksprires wrote:I enjoyed the demo, but I won't be buying the CE version for two reasons. The first is someone said there was no bonus content and the second is so many comments have been deleted from the review thread. Since I didn't read any of them, I have to assume they weren't favorable. And yes, I did read the comment to say they were deleted for being off topic. Fine, but I can't judge that for myself.

If I pay CE price, I expect a bonus chapter. It is quite possible I will wait until this is an SE and then use up one of my free credits.

There is a bonus chapter. There always is a bonus chapter. You may want to check out other threads here, like this one:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/193053.page

and check out the main game page where it says: The CE includes: BONUS gameplay.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Dec 30, 11 9:03 AM
Itsupikachu wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:Regarding the posts removed in the Reviews thread, apparently there is a big move on to "tidy" them up so that they contain only reviews about the game.

Thank you, DragonLadyOz, for answering my question!

Hey Itsupikachu--OK, I'll 'fess up--I'm one of the guilty "removed by moderator" parties! But I can't believe that Shadow's kind words about my game review were axed by a Mod! I guess someone at BFG got a sharp new hatchet for Christmas! Several of us were targeted for commenting on a few bitter (not just "negative") posts and nasty opinions about others' viewpoints about the game. The phrase "total idiot" was used in reference to "sparklies." We don't go there! This game is very good, and the developers don't deserve this sort of treatment.

Regards, elldee

[Post New]by MalteseBaby on Dec 30, 11 12:17 PM
If I like a game, it doesn't matter to me WHO the dev. is.

[b]A comment about the Bonus Game- I'm not giving away HOW or WHY or WHAT, so this is not a spoiler[-/b]

I totally loved this game-- and IMO, when I finally got the bonus game to play ( there are some glitches), it's not REALLY bonus play, it's simply the ending of the game!!
I don't think I've ever encountered a situation in a game where the " ending" was totally incomplete and it took the " bonus game' to make sense of it all.

I'm not giving away HOW or WHY or WHAT, so this is not a spoiler..

Did anyone else think that the so-called Bonus Game was a necessary part of the whole game?
I'm glad I bought the CE though, because I really loved the SG in this game!!!

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Dec 30, 11 1:51 PM
This a good game, glad I bought it, but, I am playing the bonus game and need the shears, had them, lost them, now I can't finish the game. Help. I don't want to start over. Is there any help, besides starting over?

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Dec 30, 11 2:34 PM
elldee2728 wrote:
Itsupikachu wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:Regarding the posts removed in the Reviews thread, apparently there is a big move on to "tidy" them up so that they contain only reviews about the game.

Thank you, DragonLadyOz, for answering my question!

Hey Itsupikachu--OK, I'll 'fess up--I'm one of the guilty "removed by moderator" parties! But I can't believe that Shadow's kind words about my game review were axed by a Mod! I guess someone at BFG got a sharp new hatchet for Christmas! Several of us were targeted for commenting on a few bitter (not just "negative") posts and nasty opinions about others' viewpoints about the game. The phrase "total idiot" was used in reference to "sparklies." We don't go there! This game is very good, and the developers don't deserve this sort of treatment.

Regards, elldee

Me too, I said only positive things, ie. excited and looking forward to purchase the sequel...go figure. Seems to me it would help their sales. Oh well, I can understand being strict, I'll have to be more careful to see if there is a separate "comments" versus reviews AND comments or what-not. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on Dec 30, 11 4:49 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
I did a beta survey for this game, and my notes simply said "more of the usual fare from ERS".
That said, I put on my comfy slippers, made a pot of coffee, selected the hardest mode, got ready for lots of HOG scenes (I thought some of the interactive parts in these were very clever) and had an enjoyable time. Sometimes this is just what I need between the running around trying to complete a couple of the pure adventure games that still have me stumped (I might even have to resort to a peek at a WT for one, as I am sure that I have searched everywhere etc).
Yes, they seem to be rather formulaic, but I still enjoy the journey and their production values are always first class.
Cheers

I could not have said it any better and I won't try! This review sound just like me! Thanks, DragonLadyOz!

badger

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 31, 11 6:51 AM
I enjoyed the first game in this series, although not the voice acting...especially the "actress" who kept talking about her "woof," with her chest heaving. Nevertheless, I had been looking forward to the next one. Now, I'm not so sure. It appears to be very short, and I've already run across a puzzle which, IMO, was totally illogical. I'm up in the air about this one, except to say it's doubtful that I'd purchase it as a CE unless there was another of those wonderful half price sales. If not, I'll be waiting for the SE because I like the story. I do wish they'd come up with different music. It is so formulaic, that even if I didn't see the game, but only heard the soundtrack, I'd be able to identify it as ERS.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Dec 31, 11 7:01 AM
angelofmusic62 wrote:To me, junkpiles are extremely cluttered scenes. Now I know that onjects are supposed to be hidden, but looking through just a bunch of junk is not as enjoyable as looking at a pretty scene with objects appropriate to the theme and time period of the game. For example, I wouldn't expect to see a snake or lizard in a kitchen, or a computer mouse in the 18th century. And yes, I have seen both!

Exactly as I mean it. "Junk pile " is everything but the kitchen sink. Where virtually every square inch is covered in items. Time appropriate or not makes no difference. If the location is a Junk Yard it makes sense. In a livingroom, not so much. I always feel that this is a slightly lazy way of designing an H0.

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Jan 1, 12 10:03 AM
Well, the dipstick is back to clarify my previous quote, if you know how to read and comprehend the strategy guide, finishing the bonus game is no problem. You don't need shears, you need the matchbox w/ the bug to eat the wood around the chain and everything goes from there. Now I am finishing up my first game since completing the second one. It is a good game and it looks like there may be a sequel down the line. That is what I like. I like these kind of games and even tho it was a bit gory, I did enjoy playing MCF-Escape from Ravenhurst. It was a lot easier the second time. Dire Grove is another great game, as well as Return to Ravenhurst.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 1, 12 1:37 PM
Did anyone else think that the so-called Bonus Game was a necessary part of the whole game?

It vaguely explained how the countess got her knickers in a twist, but not why she did, so nope.

Tho it does better set up a sequel than the *real game* ending did. And it was actually better than the 1st one IMHO, which was a shocker w/ these recycling devs.

Now, are Louise & Veronica supposed to be the same mother & daughter as in the 1st Shadow Wolf? Speaking of recycling & all.

FYI devs, *Veronica* ain't Frenchie. Try Veronique if you're going to set your games in France, jeez.

Just sayin'.

Go to: