Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Reviews for Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 31, 11 1:24 PM
cll1950 wrote:I just popped in mostly too wish everyone a
A GREAT NEW YEARS EVE & A WONDERFUL 2012!

Ditto !! And see you all next year !!

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 31, 11 2:04 PM
Based on the demo:
This is a nice change of pace from the dark and eerie games of late. Will definately buy this one and the first one with my punch card credits or a sale.

Happy New Year to All Fishies!

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Dec 31, 11 3:29 PM
Tried the game and bought it with my last coupon code of the year. Will be getting a ton of them next month.

I really liked this game, a very pleasant surprise and a nice change from all the dark dreary games. I wasn't able to buy any CE's during the sale 'cause I already had them all.

I wasn't sure how long it would be but I've been playing for at least 4 hours and I'm not finished yet. Playing on the hardest mode. I really like the interactive hidden object scenes and the silhouette scenes offer a nice variety and do take a bit of thinking as to what to do. The graphics are excellent. I think a lot of thought went into the making of this game and I for one appreciate it.

Happy, holy and healthy New Year to everyone.

catlynn54
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by catlynn54 on Dec 31, 11 4:11 PM
I enjoyed this game. I do not time my play, but it lasted several hours. Spoiler: the ending is very strange. The graphics are bright and colorful. For me there was nothing to dislike.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 31, 11 7:38 PM
My review is based on demo. I like it. I enjoy this series and this is a nice edition. It is a simpler game and not so challenging. But, I don't always need to be completely challenged. I enjoy the graphics very much and the story is interesting enough. It's so nice to see a different storyline. This game is a definite buy for me with a punchcard or sale. I wouldn't pay full price. But I think it's worth a punchcard and I'm enjoying it.

No: Widescreen
No: Custom Cursor
Yes: Two mode of play, casual/advanced
Yes: Voiceover's in cut scenes
Yes: Music/Sound adjustments
Yes: Sparkels
Theme: Jungle Adventure

I rate this game: "PIGLET"
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Dec 31, 11 11:16 PM
1. Instruction for mini-games poor!
2. Hints really didn't help much!
3. Ending was up in the air - like there was a different person going to have go
through the whole story line. Ending leaves you up in air - sequel?
4. other than that it was a average game.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Dec 31, 11 11:16 PM
1. Instruction for mini-games poor!
2. Hints really didn't help much!
3. Ending was up in the air - like there was a different person going to have go
through the whole story line. Ending leaves you up in air - sequel?
4. other than that it was a average game.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jan 1, 12 12:08 AM
This was a refreshing change from the usual dark and haunted mansion theme. It has very good graphics and interesting HOS which are wonderfully interactive. Story nothing special, but that does not detract from the enjoyment of the game, which is well developed, showing some creativity and originality.. Nice length at 4 hrs.

Some entertaining twists I haven't seen too often, which were a nice surprise. I found it quite innovative in places, which gave it a slightly different slant from the normal content.

Didn't have a problem with the music or voice, like some, who found them irritating, I noted, but did have to turn the volume down a bit.

It has a high fun factor, this one, and I don't think I have ever said that about a game before. It was the thing that stood out the most for me.

I did a lot of "Oh, wow", and "Oh, that's cool" and had a really good time with it.

All round, a really good game for a SE.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jan 1, 12 2:27 AM
I liked this game, and I liked the first Lagoon game also. The graphics were great , the music was okay, not great, a little monotonous (like someone else had said). The gameplay was fairly easy enough to follow. There were a lot of HOS games, both by name and by shape. The little shape ones were quite easy. The bigger name ones a little more challenging. The mini games were a little challenging as well , but you had a fairly quick skip button . All in all , I would rate it a 8 out of 10.

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Jan 1, 12 8:40 AM
This game just doesn't have 'it', whatever 'it' is. Couldn't get interested. It's a pass for me.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 1, 12 10:48 AM
Well, Cherbtoo said it all. Didn't care for the first Lagoon and especially don't care for the custom cursor...much prefer the standard or at least the option to choose. Music was annoying. Game play nice, graphics not bad, HOGs fairly simple. Great game for a lazy day and you don't want any action. Have to think about this one. Just didn't really catch my attention much. Putting it in my storage pond for maybe later.

Have a great New Year. Looking forward to reading all your reviews this year.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jan 1, 12 11:31 AM
cherbtoo wrote: my eyes have told me I must buy this game .

Cherb

Hey Cherb--Happy New Year and good review! So, the "eyes" have it, eh? I totally agree with you on the graphics--almost don't need the reading glasses! A very nice, relaxing game to start 2012!

Regards, elldee

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Jan 1, 12 2:50 PM
I found this game okay, I have no idea of the length of the game yet, the game did not grab me. Not sure if it will be a buy for me yet.

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on Jan 1, 12 7:15 PM
hey cll1950, did i miss out on the CE sale, this is the second time i heard about this, when was it ? i think i'm going to be sick if i did

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Jan 2, 12 2:01 AM
I have to agree with some here that said this game is a nice change from all the dark doom and gloom! You are not in a car that crashes in the rain, have to find the key to the trunk and get to a gate that is locked, with crows cawing at you and some dead relative to go rescue

This is a very nice game, the graphics are terrific, the colors bright. The voice over is horrid (for the life of me, I don't understand why voice overs in these games are so repulsive....how hard is it to read something with emotion behind it? And not as if you're reading to a 4 year old? But I digress....) and the music gets tedious but you can turn these off. There are cute clicking birds and some of those little touches that make you smile or go "OooOohhhhh", which is always a "sell" for me. This is relaxing and well drawn, only a few items I couldn't see because they were too dark but it's 4 AM and I'm a bit loopy. LoopiER I should say.

Since this is a SE (and quite long!) I'd say it's worth the price, a different kind of fun from what's been out recently.

Happy New Year to all >}}}}}">

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 3, 12 6:36 AM
Oldgamer99 wrote:This game just doesn't have 'it', whatever 'it' is. Couldn't get interested. It's a pass for me.

MimiG19
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by MimiG19 on Jan 4, 12 8:08 PM
I haven't finished the demo but know already that I'll buy this one. It's always interesting to read the reviews, and I usually concur with the majority. It is my habit to eliminate all sounds , as I usually have tv or my music in the background while playing....so I don't know whether I'd find them annoying. Story lines aren't my major focus....it's the challenge of the games I enjoy most. I do have one suggestion: how about including a timer just for enhancement. Meantime, I very much like the graphics and puzzles in this one.
Happy gaming to all!

MimiG19
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by MimiG19 on Jan 4, 12 8:08 PM
I haven't finished the demo but know already that I'll buy this one. It's always interesting to read the reviews, and I usually concur with the majority. It is my habit to eliminate all sounds , as I usually have tv or my music in the background while playing....so I don't know whether I'd find them annoying. Story lines aren't my major focus....it's the challenge of the games I enjoy most. I do have one suggestion: how about including a timer just for enhancement. Meantime, I very much like the graphics and puzzles in this one.
Happy gaming to all!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jan 5, 12 4:26 PM
I just got around to trying this today since I bought so many games during the CE sale. I agree that this is a nice bright change of pace from all the dark and gloomy games I've been playing. Everything works well except no wide screen mode. Definitely going to use one of my punch card credits on it.

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Jan 6, 12 12:38 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for the reviews. I read all of them prior to purchasing any game. I still have some games I need to play from the C.E. sale & then I will probably try the demo (which normally I hardly ever do) but there are a few conflicting reviews.

Thanks again everyone,

tazdaffy

Go to: