DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Curse at Twilight: Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 2:50 PM
Well, I see the official forum is up and running.
Any chance of this being transferred?

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 2, 12 1:16 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming by to let you know I'll be moving this thread to the Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition Forum to keep things tidy. This way it will be easier for other players to join in on the conversation! Please feel free to continue your discussion over there.

Happy Gaming!
bfgKenai

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Jan 2, 12 1:20 AM
Played the demo and LOVE it - a game I know I'll enjoy.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 2, 12 6:25 AM
Every once in a while a game comes along that has everything I love and desire in a game. And this is such a game. It's been a while since I have had such great pleasure playing a game - "Nightmare Realm" and "Tearstone" were two of those games.

I usually get bored if a game goes on for too long. That's just me. I need variety, and most games get very quickly repetitive. I really can't say the same about this game - one thing this game has is variety. It's one of those games where I wish I could find yet another door and another one to open up after I am done with those that already exist.

Thank you for this game.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 2, 12 7:31 AM
Very busy right now, so have not had time to run the demo yet but all the reviews make me think about "Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince".
If it's anything like that, I'll be thrilled as it was one of my favorites.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 2, 12 9:49 AM
House of 1000 Doors Lite, anyone?

I smell a new trend. Devs have wracked their brains to figure out something *new* to do in your standard creepy manse rm & have failed, so instead of having regular rms behind the doors, they're just going to send us off to some otherworldly place unbound by 4 walls. Be prepared for an onslaught of this in the immediate future.

All I can say about this effort is thank goodness for the brightness slider b/c OMG can you imagine how dark & impossible to find things these dim low-res scenes would've been w/o it?

I do not get the FROGging faskination. Ppl whinge about finding HOs, well, I'd rather find those than go hmmm, let's see, what looks drastically out of place in this scene, I bet it's a fragment, yup, I'm right, click click click click click dusted! Why I don't bother w/ Dark Parables after demo'ing the initial one. Why do ppl enjoy lunging for the glaringly obvious like that? This game was even worse as the fragments weren't there to start, merely popped in as soon as you hit something that was fragmented, so even EZ-er. Cheating by discoloring doesn't really help *hide* them. I don't get it.

If you had nothing left to do in an area (I did like the thingy that noted how many tasks were yet to be completed) but didn't find all those *not gold* coins, the hint would find them for you BTW.

4 steenking wallpapers? Puhleeze. Not only is that another thing I don't get why they bother to offer b/c I can make mine own do I wish to, I dislike the devs who will not allow you to save the wallpapers to your pc (one thing that was nice about Haunted Manor: Queen of Death is that you could) & insist on meddling in it by making the game set the wallpaper for you like you're too stupid to know how. Which means once a game is uninstalled to save HD space, then so is the wallpaper. Meh.

House of 1000 Doors IMHO was way better than this.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jan 2, 12 2:40 PM
Wow, what a great game! Even though I only played about 30 minutes of the game, I know it's a definite purchase as the CE. Love the mix of game play. I just played "A Gypsy's Tale, Tower of Secrets" and even though it took me awhile to get used to the game, I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to continue playing this one.

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Jan 5, 12 9:01 AM
I'm not getting into this game at all.
The banner/ the screenshots looked great on BFG, and I'd really love to buy another CE which I can enjoy (the trials within the past couple of weeks did not grab me that much), but CaT was a disappointment.

I don't care if it's dark (both in settings and in theme) and I appreciate the variety of things to do (HOGs, FROGs, looking for coins etc), but I felt lost in a way which is kind of unusual because usually I know what I'm here for. I never had the impression that anything made sense, I wasn't interested in the ghost's fate, the graphics weren't as stylish as the mentioned screenshots suggested.
To sum up: I was bored, nothing fascinated me, I just did not care.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 5, 12 11:09 AM
banshee10 wrote:I'm not getting into this game at all.
The banner/ the screenshots looked great on BFG, and I'd really love to buy another CE which I can enjoy (the trials within the past couple of weeks did not grab me that much), but CaT was a disappointment.

I don't care if it's dark (both in settings and in theme) and I appreciate the variety of things to do (HOGs, FROGs, looking for coins etc), but I felt lost in a way which is kind of unusual because usually I know what I'm here for. I never had the impression that anything made sense, I wasn't interested in the ghost's fate, the graphics weren't as stylish as the mentioned screenshots suggested.
To sum up: I was bored, nothing fascinated me, I just did not care.

You're not alone - I couldn't get into it either. Was it too busy?

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Jan 8, 12 10:30 AM
Busy describes it, vicalana!

Hoglvr
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Hoglvr on Jan 10, 12 2:26 PM
WOW !!!! I just finished and must say this game truly gives you a workout. Somethings I liked; the mini games,the adjust of brightness, the ability to go to a scene instead of back stepping trying to figure out how to get back. I for one am just tired of doom and gloom (blood,vampires etc) this was a nice change. Liked everything about this game.Hope another one comes out soon.

leslieboyd
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by leslieboyd on Feb 8, 12 9:52 AM
Just want to comment that i loved this game! I had bought it and didn't like it at first so i actually deleted it! Then.. after reading all the great reviews ., i gave it another shot. So glad i did. I loved the puzzles that reminded me of raventhurst! I don't know why but i find the more i have been playing games ... i don't have the patience for alot of hog! This was just the right mix of everything! Thank you BIG FISH and developers!

Go to: