ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Re:Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 5:19 PM
KBEAR, what is the issue with the downloadable version? There is only one version - you shouldn't have to redownload after purchase. The doors in the hallway can only be unlocked one at a time, and you have to complete one area and return the item to the mantle before you get the key/shape to unlock the next door.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 5:34 PM
Well after reading some of the problems on the game that sadly some have, I still went ahead and bought it, I like it, the graphics are nice, the music is OK, I like the littler twist on the HOS and in the beginning I was trying to figure out the key thing, but now as I progress on the full version I see what is all about.

I truly like this game.

Good job to the developers of this game.

[Post New]by maria1973 on Jan 1, 12 5:43 PM
i bought the game but wasnt sure about it at first but it got better and better the more i played. the only thing i didnt like is that the bonus content is intergrated into the game so once you finish the game there is no bonus play had i known this i wouldnt have bought the CE

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 5:47 PM
Hi there maria1973,
Welcome to the games forums.
The last chapter shown in the SG is in fact a "bonus" chapter that you access once you have the gold CE key. You just don't have to finish and leave the game to go back to the Main Menu to find it.
Cheers

agf8623
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by agf8623 on Jan 1, 12 5:48 PM
maria1973 wrote:i bought the game but wasnt sure about it at first but it got better and better the more i played. the only thing i didnt like is that the bonus content is intergrated into the game so once you finish the game there is no bonus play had i known this i wouldnt have bought the CE

The gate in the backyard of the haunted manor opens the bonus chapter. This chapter won't be in the SE.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 5:48 PM
maria1973 wrote:i bought the game but wasnt sure about it at first but it got better and better the more i played. the only thing i didnt like is that the bonus content is intergrated into the game so once you finish the game there is no bonus play had i known this i wouldnt have bought the CE

Thanks for that tip, I was wondering about that, now that i see what the key thing is all about, I guess if you use them during the game it will not be bonus to play.

Interesting.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jan 1, 12 5:51 PM
Bought this game after about 5 minutes of demo. Great graphics, OMG a clickable map which brought the game up to at least a 9. Detested the mini games where you match 3 with runes TG for the skip button. Hope this is not a picture of things to come. Otherwise am very happy with the game since it took most of my day (except for hungry growls coming from hubby & pets so off to the kitchen then back to finish). Has definite replay value.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 5:53 PM
Thanks for more clarification so it is a bonus after all, great.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 5:56 PM
Hi Penny,
You need to approach the Runes puzzles as an exercise in logic. They aren't really so difficult once you realise how the tiles disappear - I found the solution to the second one embarassingly simple when I peeked at the SG. ( ).
Cheers

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 1, 12 6:02 PM
This game is really good. I played over eight hours, with a few short breaks to eat and let dogs in and out. I didn't find one thing to dislike. A good mix of everything, and I was glued to the screen, lol. Wide screen, interesting story, great graphics, lots of surprises, including the scenes in the bonus game...what a treat. Ranks high on my list of faves now too. Can't wait for the sequel. Kudos to the devs.

[Post New]by hdrider6430 on Jan 1, 12 6:28 PM
what does SE stand for? I'm guessing CE is Collector's Edition

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 1, 12 6:36 PM
Yes, CE is Collector's Edition. SE is Standard Edition.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jan 1, 12 6:38 PM
Howatch wrote:Fortunatus, it is more of an adventure-type game.

Thank you for the info! I just bought and am enjoying very much thus far.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Jan 1, 12 8:18 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there KBEAR2045,
Maybe you have the full version.
The Trial for this game is a 60 minute one and not a Sample, so perhaps the trial downloads the full game and does not need to be downloaded again after purchase.
Have you played further than the hour's worth?
Cheers

Thank you for your reply. You could be right but I think what threw me was the size of the game. For the demo it was 124.82 MB and for the "BUY" button there was no size. I guess that means that the game is only 124.82 MB and that seemed kind of small for a CE. The other thing that threw me was the Gold Key and Silver Key that was for the CE. I didn't realize they meant it was a bonus that gets played after you finished the game. It is a different way of presenting the bonus play. I will go back and continue to play it. I guess I jumped the gun when I ran into those areas that uses the special keys. I didn't even check the SG for number of chapters. I hope it is a decent length game for me. I do tend to play very slow.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 1, 12 8:26 PM
Hi there KBEAR2045,
I suspect that the file size listed for the Trial is incorrect - maybe there was a Sample version planned originally and this decision was changed. Who knows, as the game was listed hours before TGT, the forum was very late, so there seems to have been some holiday/celebration confusion about it overall.
The main thing is that the game is now up and running for you, and I hope you have as good a time as I had.
Cheers
Edited to add: Hm I hope you are not an Aussie and your name has anything to do with koalas, as we all know they are not bears - couldn't resist the "ironic swipe".

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 8:28:46 PM PST

agf8623
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by agf8623 on Jan 1, 12 8:46 PM
The game should take 8-10 hours to complete. The download looks deceptively small because an awesome compression technique was used to make sure the game doesn't take up too much space on your computer.

[Post New]by summer_girl13 on Jan 1, 12 11:58 PM
LOVED this game! I'm a story junkie and this one has it. Nice mixture of puzzles as well, some were more complex than others but the hint button is there if needed. Beautiful game. One of those where you think "I'll just play for 15 min" and then oops, couple hours has passed. Gotta warn - the game is loooong! Well worth the money for sure. Oh, and I didn't have any technical issues on my laptop which is definitely a good thing.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Jan 2, 12 12:27 AM
Sorry I can not agree with all that is posted about this game..Found the game to be lagging, items too small, and I did not like having to find pieces of items to go further into the game..no buy for me..

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 2, 12 12:34 AM
This review is based on the 1-hour demo, after which I bought the game:

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is voice-over, which is excellent.

There is an option for Brightness. I pushed it up all the way, but still needed to do it manually on my laptop (Fn+F6 keys) for certain scenes that were a little too dark.

You can (and should) collect coins in each room or outside area. When you have collected all the coins in a room, a picture of this room will then be added to your map, and you can use this picture to teleport back to it from another room by clicking on it.

The graphics are very well done.

The HOS (hidden object scenes), which are interactive, are a pleasure to play. There is hardly any mess, the HOS aren’t overcrowded, and the graphics are superb.

Other than the HOS, you also have to hunt for fragmented objects in the main scenes.

At the bottom of your screen are 3 sections: Inventory, Goal, and Objects. When you do a search for fragmented objects, they first go into the “Objects” slot, and when the object has been put together, it moves into the “Inventory”.

The HINT and SKIP buttons fill reasonably fast, and the HINT button also works outside of the HOS.

Gameplay is fun and entertaining, as are the puzzles.

There is NO BONUS GAME. The bonus scenes are part of the main game, which means, they are integrated into the main game. Click on “Bonus Content” and then on “Bonus Gameplay” to see how it works.
Throughout the game, you will come across locked areas. You will need different keys to unlock those. These are the bonus areas.

--- --- ---

PS: The SG’s (strategy guide) “Chapter Select” didn’t work well at first. I had to click many times on “Chapter Select” in order to get back to the beginning of the SG so I could look at other chapters.
However, when I left the game and came back in, and tried again, it worked like a charm.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jan 2, 12 12:46 AM
very good geme!for the prime one in the hidden object world ,it is a good ,very good job!
great graphics
good story,the ghosts are nice ones and the meeting with the vilain is short enough to not scary even a baby!
very good ideas to mix outlines,hidden objects and pieces of objects in the same scene sometimes!
map very helpful,opened with the coins you have in each scenes(they were be useful later in the game-other good idea!)
hint system is quick to fill
objects are very well hidden in some scenes!
puzzles and mini-games are numerous and of different sort
all in one,it tooks to me 6h30 (with bonus level)
we have to find several keys(bronze,silver and the last one gold which open the bonus level) which allow us to more hidden objects or find 15 or 20 of same things in a picture
the bonus level is after getting the gold key and beyond the gate in backyard mansionand take me over3/4 hour to finish(i'm average player)
the game has an atmosphere very special,very poetic,especially in bonus level!
devs,go on!you have done here a winner!

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 12:49:47 AM PST

Go to: