Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Post any Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Jan 3, 12 6:40 AM
I found the strategy guide was skipping pages when I played the demo. Needless to say since it did that all the way through the demo, won't be buying the game. Plus had trouble getting the chapter select to work on the strategy guide.

Re:Post any Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Chiefcat on Jan 3, 12 8:54 AM
At the Look Out In the last chapter, The Lost Garden, the shears will not cut the white roses or the vines. I can't go forward without the oiler and I can't get to it. I've tried clicking the shears on every centimeter of the roses and vines. Please help.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jan 3, 12 9:50 AM
Chiefcat:
Exit to the main menu to save your game (and maybe even exit the game), then restart it. That should fix the issue, as it has for others.

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 9:51:36 AM PST

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Hoppity on Jan 3, 12 11:14 AM
I think the chapter I had problems with was called the hidden garden or something like that. After I put the raven feather on the gravestone and retrieved the rose, I couldn't do much. I have 2 silver ce keys. I took the rose to the mantel above the fireplace. Since then I cant do a thing. I noticed when I checked the Strategy Guide that I did things a little out of the suggested order. Also noticed that the strategy guide does not have the correct picture for the place where I'm stuck. It just has two identical pics of the one before it. Already tried shutting it down and reinstalling it. No luck. I think I'll be needing a refund.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jan 3, 12 11:21 AM
Hoppity:

Check to see which locks you missed opening with those keys. here are the locations of the keys & the locks.

Key locations:
- hanging on the wall in the workshop
- leaning against the tree trunk in the tree house
- on grandma's rocking chair in the cottage
- in the armoire in the butcher's house
- in the glass coffin at the lookout
- in the embers of the fireplace in the manor grand room

Keystone locations:
- hole in tree in manor back yard
- mouse hole in storeroom
- pile of wood beside scarecrow in Hallow Hills
- toolbox in shed at the woodland cottage
- junk pile in Scarecrow Alley
- crypt in lost graveyard

EDIT: Also, did you use the photo fragments on the empty frame on the mantle?

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 11:22:52 AM PST

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Hoppity on Jan 3, 12 12:37 PM
Ty for the detailed help. I did use all the Photo fragments in the frame. I found one more keystone with your help at the mouse hole. However, the hos is still not being triggered at the crypt in the hidden graveyard. Therefore, I now have 5 keystones and 1 silver ce key.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 3, 12 1:09 PM
@Hoppity, it sounds like you've already got the keystone from the graveyard. Check your task count at the top of the screen - does it say there's anything left to do here? There will be one other lock that you've missed. Go back through all the locations listed by orchidna. One of them will still have a lock. Can you please elaborate on your comment about the SG having two identical pictures? If you can tell me what's in the pictures, I'll make sure that is fixed.

@Simba, the strategy guide does not skip pages. Every single step is in there. When you first open it, it gives you a list of chapters. Just click on the chapter you need, then use the arrow keys at the bottom to go through the pages. When you want to switch chapters, click on the Chapter Select button (you might need to click on the words rather than just the background). Hope this helps

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 1:10:46 PM PST

[Post New]by gamez4u on Jan 3, 12 2:48 PM
Once you have constructed the stone, only one eye can be destroyed, therefore, you cannot enter the house. Tried twice in separate games, but stone disappears after clicking against eye 1.

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Hoppity on Jan 3, 12 2:56 PM
SS for ever doubting the game! I missed the lock at scarecrow alley so all is well. Ty for the prompt help on here.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jan 3, 12 3:10 PM
Gamez4u:
Are you saying you couldn't get an owl plaque piece at all from the gargoyle? It only has one, in one eye (your left, the gargoyle's right). The other owl plaque piece is in the backyard.

Hoppity:
You're very welcome. So glad we could help.

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 3:11:25 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 3, 12 3:42 PM
Hi fishies,

If you're having troubles with the picture or with your cursor, an update to your video card drivers might do the trick. Please refer to the following help article for more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be able to offer some personalized troubleshooting steps that are specific to your system.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Jan 3, 12 11:26 PM
I ditto those who said this was a gorgeous game, and all the things going on...looking for coins, finding fractured objects, looing for what you're looking for ...was terrific. I love games with a lot going on. I'm still on the fence as to if I'll buy this or not, last year I think I bought everydamngame and need to watch my $ a bit. This is a different game, and kudos to you for making something new-ish that makes people think.

That said...a few things I didn't like: 1} the constant pop-up info tags that told you exactly what you'd need to do, even if you were playing on "hard" and really wanted to figure this stuff out for yourself. Clicking on the mantle in the beginning and being told "Oh, look, ghostly things, something must be up with that!" or somesuch kind of took the spirit of adventure out of clicking around looking. 2} I love the features, truly. BUT the thing telling you how many coins you need is hanging down at the top blocking a bit of screen, and that huge black monstrosity at the bottom that shows the items, inventory, etc takes up SO much room. When you take all this in, the actual playing area is really small. With such terrific artwork it's also a shame to cover up areas you can have the game in.

And yes, some areas were way too dark, items impossible to find. Even lightened up with the slider provided.

I'm sure I'll buy it soon, I'm thinking about where I left off in the demo and that's always a good sign

Hapoy New Year to all !

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 4, 12 6:59 AM
Well, once I got passed the eyes at the beginning and began to figure out exactly how this game worked, I broke my own rule of never buying CE games and bought this one and I'm not sorry. What a great game. Not for people who don't like FROGS maybe, but I haven't had this much fun in a long time. Kudos to Amaranth. This is well worth the $$ imo.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jan 6, 12 8:52 PM
ddeloy21 wrote:I am having the same issue as someone above. About 1/3 way through the game it started getting fuzzy at the bottom of the screen like there was interference?? I cannot get it to stop, and I cannot finish the game with it like that. Please either get this fixed or please refund my 13.99 because I will not pay for a game that I cannot finish.

I had the same thing but it didn't prevent me from playing/finishing the game. It was only in one scene and when I exited to a different area it quit. Weird flashing, static, etc. A new one for me. Other than that, great game!

The Junk Pile in Scarecrow alley has no lock

[Post New]by ladyinmo321 on Jan 6, 12 11:00 PM
Please disregard my post. I found my problem I obtained that key. I was missing another one. Thanks all. I would have deleted the post but I didnt see a place to delete it.

Edited on 01/07/2012 at 9:35:05 PM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 7, 12 1:15 AM
There are 6 silver keys, and 6 silver locks. You can open any of the locks with any of the keys, so you don't have to do it in a particular order.

It sounds like you've already unlocked the one in Scarecrow Alley, so go back through all the locations - there'll be one somewhere that's not unlocked.

Key locations:
- Workshop
- Tree house
- Grandma's cottage
- Butcher's armoire
- Glass coffin
- Fireplace in manor

Lock locations:
- Manor back yard (over hole in tree)
- Storeroom (over mouse hole)
- Hallow Hills (over pile of wood)
- Grandma's shed (over toolbox)
- Scarecrow Alley (over rubbish pile)
- Lost Graveyard (over crypt)

Edited on 01/07/2012 at 1:16:34 AM PST

capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by capipe on Jan 7, 12 6:55 PM
game crashed at second to last chapter.sent diagnostics to tech team.

gailfriend429
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by gailfriend429 on Jan 8, 12 10:54 PM
Nilosh wrote:Oh wow what a dissapointment. I rarely have problems with games, in 5 years only 5 have been refunded and I guess I will add this to the list.No way does my crsor work properly, it lumbersome along with the game play. I already had to skip two puzzles because they dont work and I am soooo dissapointed. I hear its a long game with interesting gameplay. I will however uninstall and reinstall as suggested and see what happens. I really hope this one works. Cheers to all and Happy New Year.[/quote

I have to agree - this was a great game, or had the potential to be a pleasure to play, but the difficulty picking up and manipulating objects made some puzzles impossible so I ended up skipping a lot of them. They are good puzzles but it just got too frustrating trying to make things happen with the cursor. Either the object woudln't "let go" or it stuck somewhere and I had to start over. Otherwise a really good engaging game, it was long and interesting, but got to be a chore after a while.

[Post New]by Renie1701 on Jan 9, 12 9:17 AM
The game freezes at the loading screen, and there is no way to avoid it, since I have to leave the "pirate" area to go on in the game! What can I do? I can't finish the game like this!
That is the second time that this is happening, first I was able to get it going again by doing something else first. This time, that is not possible. Very frustrating!

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

Post any Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Jan 10, 12 1:43 PM
msdawn01 wrote:seems like when i am picking up something the cursor takes on a mind of it 's own help

I didnt read through the posts to see if you had gotten an answer, but I had the same problem until I learned that if I go to options and deselect custom cursor that problem went away.

Also sometimes the game starts to become sluggish, I quit the game and then go back into it and it solved that problem. Hope this helps if you still need it.

Go to: