sonship
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Stone Age Cafe technical issues here only

[Post New]by sonship on Jan 5, 12 7:39 PM
Since it seems that so many of us are having the same issue with this game you should be making some changes to the game so it can run smooth or give us a coupon to buy another game. I like the game but it has issues that need to be addressed.

hez2011
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hez2011 on Jan 6, 12 1:32 AM
I agree with you.. if a game does not work .. it should be fixed or replaced. Good luck with it.

rh1ann
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rh1ann on Jan 6, 12 8:25 AM
Sefsama wrote:
rh1ann wrote:The cursor for my game was fine. However, the graphics glitched. Starting in level 3, graphics in a certain part of the screen would become jumbled and pixelated. It is impossible to do anything with because you can't see what is there.

Drivers updated, WinXP 64.

You might try to run the game in window mode (alt+enter) and then pressing alt+enter again - that will force a screen to refresh and might solve this problem.

I tried your suggestion and it worked. I had to do that 4 times on one level. Bigfish - that is a major red flag that this game is bugged. With the cursor problems other people are reporting and this graphic glitch, this game should never have been released. Bigfish should pull this game from the database until it is fixed.

Normally I would have bought this game since I love all the dash and TM games. But having found this problem within 5 min of playing the demo, I will not be buying this game. I am very disappointed in Bigfish for allowing such a buggy game to be released. I stopped buying games at another large gamesite because of buggy games that they had - please don't let that happen here.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jan 7, 12 6:40 PM
Several things:

It does replay levels.

Also, several times the game put two things on a plate that's not been ordered. I go to pick up two items that two seperate people ordered and for some reason they go on the same plate when no one has ordered that dish. Now I find myself trying to serve people one at a time to avoid the problem but then I can even make goal.

One more thing - the pointer is way to precise. It takes too long to do certain things like grabbing and seating. If you don't do it just perfect they bounce back to the line. Often I have to click and click to pick something up.

I am sorry I bought the game at this point because it's just way too hard.

Edited on 01/07/2012 at 6:44:34 PM PST

[Post New]by Jody29 on Jan 8, 12 7:56 AM
barbiecats2000 wrote:Several things:

It does replay levels.

Also, several times the game put two things on a plate that's not been ordered. I go to pick up two items that two seperate people ordered and for some reason they go on the same plate when no one has ordered that dish. Now I find myself trying to serve people one at a time to avoid the problem but then I can even make goal.

One more thing - the pointer is way to precise. It takes too long to do certain things like grabbing and seating. If you don't do it just perfect they bounce back to the line. Often I have to click and click to pick something up.

I am sorry I bought the game at this point because it's just way too hard.

I'm sorry I bought this game too. My curser is uncontrollable and the screen
freezes drive me nuts! Fix the problem Big Fish! Or give us another credit for a
new game! Not much money, but it is when it's for nothing.

Edited on 01/08/2012 at 7:59:09 AM PST

[Post New]by hatshep on Jan 8, 12 10:45 PM
I have played the game twice with two different profiles and both times it will not let me get past Level 13 even though I have passed it several times in both profiles. I bought the game and at first it was great then as you need to get faster the cursor is not precise enough often needing 2 or 3 clicks to get it right.

[Post New]by jenapoo on Jan 9, 12 2:54 PM
I, too, had difficulties with the cursor slowing down, stopping, disappearing! This makes it impossible to play. I'm sure it's a game glitch that I hope will quickly be fixed or I am going to ask for a refund.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 9, 12 4:13 PM
Hi fishies,

It looks like a few of you are experiencing similar troubles with your cursor and/or other graphics issues causing freezes. If you haven't already, we'd encourage you to run a Dr. Felix report and then send those results over to our Tech Support team.

In addition to allowing our reps to provide you with troubleshooting steps that are specific to your system, they will also send the information gathered from these reports to the developers if it's determined that a new build is necessary.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by Mycatzluvme2 on Jan 12, 12 9:31 AM
I did buy this game and it started messing up right away. I went over to the help here at Big Fish and did what it said to do, which was uninstall my flash player and reinstall it, also to uninstall my shockwave player and reinstall it, which I did all that but it still isn't working right. I really like this game, first one out in ages that I really like and now it doesn't work! Bummer. Hope they get it fixed so I can play it!!!

[Post New]by gishee on Jan 14, 12 9:04 PM
I did all that AND even took my pc apart, bought canned air, some cotton swabs, etc. AND cleaned thoroughly to see if my pc was overworking and it didn't make a difference in the game That right there shows you how much faith I had in BFG and the beta testers to catch it before they put it out there! I will follow the advice above and see dr. felix (although I've done that before to no reward for trouble and frustration). Let's all see if BFG can fix this one. I really want to play this game for the enjoyment it was intended to provide.

ZoeCan
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ZoeCan on Jan 15, 12 11:00 AM
This game just will not work properly for me. It is SO, SO painfully slow. I have never had this problem with any other Big Fish game - and I have A LOT. =] Really a shame since I was looking forward to playing. I literally check BF every day for new TM games! Will never purchase another game from that company.

Bottom 1/4 of screen scramble

[Post New]by Afia_Tafari on Jan 15, 12 1:27 PM
I just dowloaded this game and the bottom 1/4 of the screen is scrambled...can't see any buttons to even start the game... uninstalled and reinstalled, but didn't help.

[Post New]by highlander601 on Jan 25, 12 12:02 PM
This game would be a lot of fun if the cursor wasn't so "glichy". Every time a new character shows up in the customer line the cursor freezes up - disappointed this game was released with issues as big as this.....

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Jan 28, 12 4:11 PM
Seems to be a bug on 4 or 5 levels that occassionally, the customer seated next to the musician will not accept the plate of food. Even when I offer a newly constructed, triple checked for accuracy plate, the customer will not accept it and I have to wait until the customer gets mad and leaves. I believe this is a bug and I have seen other players complain about it too. Please believe me -- this is not a mistake in putting the food order on the plate. I have been playing these games a long time and know how to check for my own mistakes. It ONLY happens to the customer seated next to the musician and only occassionally but it does make the game play very hard. Please fix.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Jan 31, 12 5:31 PM
My bad! It really is player error after all. Just proves 2 things - my eyes aren't as good as they used to be and - the designers placed the small sauce symbol in a ridiculously hard to see spot that the waitresses body actually covers up. Ah well.....

Immadnow
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Immadnow on Feb 10, 12 7:04 PM
The achievement screen never changes so there is no way to find out your total game score.

pia89
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pia89 on Feb 22, 12 11:59 AM
Hi I got to level 43... can't play 44 cause it freezes and says something like "access violation error" and "game terminated" or something like that.
Anything i can do?

Go to: