Re:Welcome to Return to Mysterious Island forum

[Post New]by Graytwo on Mar 20, 09 2:14 PM
Thanks, I was really stuck.
Graytwo

[Post New]by quickc0246 on Mar 22, 09 7:33 AM
magsdee wrote:when i play this game all i ever get is 2 turtle eggs and no sign of a treasure chest and i cant use anything as a hook to catch ffish, help?

How do I eat??

[Post New]by boomer1979 on Mar 22, 09 5:00 PM
I can't figure out how to eat for heaven's sake. Doesn't this game have a readme for basic controls?!! I have seaweed, turtle eggs, birds eggs and coconuts but I can't figure out how to eat any of it. It seems like I should be able to eat the seaweed raw at least. Help!

[Post New]by Didi31 on Mar 29, 09 8:20 AM
Hi!
I would like to know where i can find a hook for the fish rod, and what about the knife???
I'm stuck on the beach since a long time...
Thank you

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 29, 09 8:44 AM
Didi31 wrote:Hi!
I would like to know where i can find a hook for the fish rod, and what about the knife???
I'm stuck on the beach since a long time...
Thank you

Hi Didi31- welcome to the forums!

Go back to the boat wreck and use the sandstone on the wood hull. Take the rusty metal and driftwood. In inventory, combine the sandstone and metal to get the knife.
Use the knife on the vines to get the thorns. Toss the torns into the fire to curve them and you have a fish hook.

Hope this helps!

PrplDva

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

How do I eat??

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 29, 09 8:47 AM
boomer1979 wrote:I can't figure out how to eat for heaven's sake. Doesn't this game have a readme for basic controls?!! I have seaweed, turtle eggs, birds eggs and coconuts but I can't figure out how to eat any of it. It seems like I should be able to eat the seaweed raw at least. Help!

Hi Boomer1979- welcome to the forums!

You will need a knife and fire to eat some of the items... to make the knife:
Go back to the boat wreck and use the sandstone on the wood hull. Take the rusty metal and driftwood. In inventory, combine the sandstone and metal to get the knife.

To make a fire- go to the small cave and combine the flint and knife to make a lighter. Combine the lighter with the driftwood and the fungus to make a fire.

Hope this helps!

PrplDva

Welcome to Return to Mysterious Island forum

[Post New]by wayne12655 on Mar 31, 09 9:01 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Return to Mysterious Island forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Return to Mysterious Island players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.
..How do I play this game..I found items..put in inventory....Theres fish swimming in water dont know what to do..or find next.I figured out how to make fire

loveelvis
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by loveelvis on Apr 3, 09 6:59 AM
Help please!
I'm stuck on the beach and there's nothing I can find, where are the knives and what for?
I found eggs, oysters, crabs, seafeed, coconuts but I find nothing else.
Thank you

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 3, 09 8:00 AM
sharon34472 wrote:I agree, this game is too hard and I am also a pretty experienced player. If it didn't have a walkthrough, I would have canned it by now. The inventory should have been made to hold ALL articles. When there are no more slots, you can't get rid of what you have in your hand.I am frustrated now and wish I hadn't had to pay for this to play it. I should have gone for Nostrdamas

There should never be no more slots. Your first inventory screen is tabbed. There are about 10 tabs, each with a full set of slots.

loveelvis
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by loveelvis on Apr 4, 09 10:54 AM
I think this game is very frustrating
Never know where to go and what to do.
I have to return to the walkthrough at any time.
so, no more fun.
Can anyone tell me how to open a new case for objects found?
the first one is full, and don't know whereto click to open a new one.
Thank you

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 4, 09 10:56 AM
If memory serves- there were tabs or arrows to get to the other pages in inventory....

loveelvis
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by loveelvis on Apr 4, 09 10:59 AM
click on all arrows, but none opens a new inventory

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 10, 09 4:02 AM
It's not arrows but tabs. They're a rusty colour and are a bit hard to see. Look on top of your inventory panel.

Edited on 04/10/2009 at 4:29:20 AM PST

[Post New]by sapphiredreamer on Apr 11, 09 7:00 AM
Cat_robinson wrote:I am stuck on the beach. I have eaten everything but the coconuts. When I try to use the knife on them, the interface tells me those objects can not be combined. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cat

[Post New]by sapphiredreamer on Apr 11, 09 7:04 AM
I along with a lot of other players find this game very frustraiting. I am stuck trying to find the silver coins and telescope. I have everything that I need other than these items to go further. Can anyone help me. I would appreciate this so I dont feel so frustrated.

[Post New]by SatinAngel22 on Apr 12, 09 9:27 AM
Can anyone help with the bellows what is it and where is it

suzienz
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by suzienz on Apr 21, 09 11:09 PM
I can't light the fire in the kiln!! I can't find anymore objects to use as tinder. I went back to the beach to try and get another coconut but can't find any! Aaaarggghhhh! I can't seem to get any clues from the walk through I usually use either. Any clues!

suzienz
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by suzienz on Apr 21, 09 11:13 PM
sapphiredreamer wrote:I along with a lot of other players find this game very frustraiting. I am stuck trying to find the silver coins and telescope. I have everything that I need other than these items to go further. Can anyone help me. I would appreciate this so I dont feel so frustrated.

Go back to the beach where you found the turtle eggs. turn around as if you are going to go back through the arch. Go forward once or twice and look to your right. You should see some more turtle tracks. Dig where these start and you will dig up an egg and a chest. To open the chest use the pickaxe - which you trip over at the windmill (or kiln, I can't remember). Inside the chest you should find some coins and a broken telescope. Hope this helps, Suzie

suzienz
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by suzienz on Apr 21, 09 11:15 PM
SatinAngel22 wrote:Can anyone help with the bellows what is it and where is it

Once you manage to get past the pesky monkeys you should find the kiln and windmill. The bellows are by the kiln, they look like a table with a brick on them. Hope this help, Suzie

suzienz
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by suzienz on Apr 24, 09 3:16 PM
suzienz wrote:I can't light the fire in the kiln!! I can't find anymore objects to use as tinder. I went back to the beach to try and get another coconut but can't find any! Aaaarggghhhh! I can't seem to get any clues from the walk through I usually use either. Any clues!

Found some lichen! I swear it wasn't there before!

Go to: