tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Re:Comments for "White Haven Mysteries" CE

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jan 8, 12 6:24 AM
"Play in the dark with the sound on"? OK...I'll play in the daylight with the speakers off! I get "startled" easily especially now since I live alone. DL just finished so off to give the game a try!

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Jan 8, 12 7:38 AM
"Psychological thrillers" and "mental hospitals" are not my cup of tea (I NEVER play games like that ), and it does not matter how high-quality a game is (graphics, music, voiceovers, wide screen etc.).
But everyone who likes that themes: Happy gaming!

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Jan 8, 12 7:58 AM
What is the full name of the Hookman game?? i wanted to try it but can;t find it.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 8, 12 8:15 AM
tj1147 wrote:"Play in the dark with the sound on"? OK...I'll play in the daylight with the speakers off! I get "startled" easily especially now since I live alone. DL just finished so off to give the game a try!

Playing it in the dark only would have put me to sleep. I found it totally boring. Even at the expert level you're constantly fed hints as you go and didn't find much of a story line. How does the character lose her memory? Apparently she's fed something somewhere but I don't know where.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Jan 8, 12 8:18 AM
demon13 wrote:What is the full name of the Hookman game?? i wanted to try it but can;t find it.

Its called Campfire Legends: The Hookman and its at another gaming site. If you google it, it comes right up.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 8, 12 8:19 AM
demon13 wrote:What is the full name of the Hookman game?? i wanted to try it but can;t find it.

Campfire Legends: The Hookman

There are 3 "Campfire Legends" games out, but they are not available on BigFish. Just search for them online, and you will find them.

ETA: LOL Baglady, you and I did the same reply at the same time. Great minds and all that...

Edited on 01/08/2012 at 8:19:55 AM PST

[Post New]by baglady159 on Jan 8, 12 8:20 AM
Valdy wrote:

Campfire Legends: The Hookman

There are 3 "Campfire Legends" games out, but they are not available on BigFish. Just search for them online, and you will find them.

Haha, we both had the same answer at the same time. So......we must be right, huh...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 8, 12 8:21 AM
baglady159 wrote:Haha, we both had the same answer at the same time. So......we must be right, huh...

Did you read my ETA? LOL

[Post New]by baglady159 on Jan 8, 12 8:21 AM
And once again we did it...I agree with the like minds...

[Post New]by baglady159 on Jan 8, 12 8:22 AM

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Jan 8, 12 8:24 AM
I know I'm probably in a minority, but I never play games with the sound on (I prefer to listen to music whilst playing), so I was a little disappointed to find that I couldn't even turn the sound down in 'options', never mind off .

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Jan 8, 12 8:29 AM
I kinda wish I hadn't played this demo. I actually purchased this game now instead of waiting for the SE like I do with most games these days.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jan 8, 12 10:14 AM
I am the World's Slowest Game Player (WSGP), but this is the shortest CE I have every played.

DK

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Jan 8, 12 10:53 AM
This game strongly reminds me of a game I played years ago named "Trapped". All the same concept, perhaps not a Mental Hospital, but VERY much the same. I wonder if it's the same writers?

EDIT ADDITIONAL DATA: It IS the same writers, even more it's by the same DEVELOPER! I found the game "trapped" and started it to find the Dev. It was the same as for this new game. The story has been refreshed and BIG TIME programing updates have been done, but all-in-all it's the same 'game/concept'.

Edited on 01/08/2012 at 11:02:29 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 8, 12 11:50 AM
LoveMyBichons wrote:This game strongly reminds me of a game I played years ago named "Trapped". All the same concept, perhaps not a Mental Hospital, but VERY much the same. I wonder if it's the same writers?

EDIT ADDITIONAL DATA: It IS the same writers, even more it's by the same DEVELOPER! I found the game "trapped" and started it to find the Dev. It was the same as for this new game. The story has been refreshed and BIG TIME programing updates have been done, but all-in-all it's the same 'game/concept'.

Do you mean: "Trapped: The Abduction"? If so, I own that game. Even then I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 8, 12 11:53 AM
From what Sheerija said in the "Reviews" thread, I think I will give this game a miss altogether and not even bother with the SE.

(Didn't want to reply in the reviews section, because there was already a warning that all posts will be deleted that aren't reviews. So I posted it here).

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 8, 12 12:55 PM
manticore wrote:I know I'm probably in a minority, but I never play games with the sound on (I prefer to listen to music whilst playing), so I was a little disappointed to find that I couldn't even turn the sound down in 'options', never mind off .

Hi there manticore,
You could turn all of the sound down in the Options menu - music, speech and background effects.

Hm, in light of the fact that you have items still in your inventory at the end of even the bonus chapter, I suppose we are in for a sequel.
And I also thought it was similar to Trapped.
Cheers

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jan 8, 12 5:14 PM
Hello dear fishies, I really regret that I have bought this game. (Sorry, I am a German girl . It was short, not scary. The HOS in the bonus chapter were very boring. I counted 6 or 7 HOS with: 6 sunglasses, 5 golf balls, 5 pens, 5 numbers, 5 books, 5 letters and so on. And three!! keys for one door (Lab). Time consuming and nothing else.

Today I am a not so happy fish

Go to: