BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

Re: Reviews for Mystical Island

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Jan 10, 12 4:35 AM
I couldn't delete this game fast enough.
I tried to play the full demo but I just couldn't punish myself like that.
My review is based on about 30 minutes of boredom, senseless almost nonexistent storyline, ridiculous hidden object games where they ask for "roulette" and it is a tape measure and they ask for "crest" and it is a comb.
You couldn't pay me to play the full version of this game.
It was obviously not beta tested because of all the errors.

rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by rogerscove on Jan 10, 12 4:43 AM
It is very boring - not at all enjoyable. I found the HOG scenes very messy and I had difficulty finding some of the objects. Only lasted 10 minutes.

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Jan 10, 12 5:24 AM
This game is no as bad as the most people say, IMO. Yes, it`s a straight HOS and simple game, it`s an old-fashioned - but quite nice. Sometimes I like to play some old-fashioned game (just like this one). Translation errors and misnamed words don`t bother me at all. It`s a new dev, I think, and I don`t want to criticize them, I always feel sympathy with beginners. I`ll use my punch coupon and get this one.

Edited on 01/10/2012 at 5:53:02 AM PST

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Jan 10, 12 5:32 AM
I was so looking forward to using a PCC they expire end of Jan and this SE is not worth using one on even if I have so many Didn't care for this game at all I really tried it is very boring deleted in15 mins Why can't we get good Hogs games so we can use or codes

shelaghf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by shelaghf on Jan 10, 12 5:39 AM
Ghastly game. Enough said already and I agree with all of it.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jan 10, 12 5:42 AM
This is a no buy for me. The main reason is there are no skips on the mini games. Other reasons are they "no speaka da English."

It's just a little quirk of mine but when I put my name in the profile window I don't want to have to back out the text that is already there.

Objects are hard to find, I found myself using the hint button three times in the first hidden object scene. What is up with the spiders! How do spiders help anyone find anything? No voiceovers, someone will be terribly disappointed about that! Music is okay, I can keep it on. The crest turned out to be a comb. I know a lot of history, but I do not believe that you can possibly call a comb anything other than a comb, possibly a brush, I've seen that mistake many times.

NO BUY!

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Jan 10, 12 5:59 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 01/10/2012 at 6:55:32 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 10, 12 6:03 AM
I lasted 22 minutes, sorry devs but the screenshots put me off a bit to start with as it looks as though you have used every shade of brown going and the first scene I came to after downloading was also done in shades of brown . It is just no fun staring at dark scenes trying to find dark objects.

Your story does not match the scene ... after a storm Rick has been washed up on an island where Joe lives and who rescues him and takes him home along with everything that was washed up with him so why when getting him to search for his belongings doesn't he have to find more personal items ... such as the fishing rod and boots which were in the room ... which could logically have belonged to Rick instead of asking for an anchor, a spring and a paper ship (which miraculously was in pristine condition instead of being a soggy mass of pulp ). On the other hand the duckling was much more logical as every man should have a rubber duck to play with in his bath .

On a positive note the hint button did recharge quite quickly I found out when wondering what a crest and a roulette were but overall this game isn't for me, sorry.

Cherb

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 10, 12 7:09 AM
Sorry, but I can`t say anything positive about this game. The gameplay is very boring, graphic isn`t good. Overall a game for me to skip and a no buy

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jan 10, 12 7:10 AM
I was hoping to say something positive about this game, after reading all the negative reviews, but all I can come up with is the music. It didn't bother me at all. There has been new games with awful sound tracks, really no worse than this one. But the game, all in all, is really bad, even for me. And I really do like easy games and don't mind the browns at all, or the spiders.

The HOS are overpowering, the story bad, the dialogue, terrible. It is hard for me to believe any time at all went into making this game. Sorry, all devs, the game just wasn't up to BF standards, in my opinion. I do so hate to rant a game so I'll stop here.

MHO.

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Jan 10, 12 7:50 AM
I really wanted to like the game as I have so many punch credits that will expire and there really hasn't been a good SE game since January, but no can do. This one reminds me of a few of the very first HOGs that came out years ago--too much wordy dialog and extremely poor QA. The translation is so poor, it reminds me of the game in which 'the peral is shiny'. It's a no buy for me.

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Jan 10, 12 7:59 AM
I lasted 11 minutes, nothing to keep me in the game.
All click and no action
by the way since when is a tape measure a roulette!

Edited on 01/10/2012 at 7:59:28 AM PST

[Post New]by TipsooLady on Jan 10, 12 9:12 AM
I normally am not inspired to write reviews but I just have to comment on this game.

The artwork has some potential but the rest of the game (for the 10 minutes, I lasted) is intolerable. The dialogue is tedious, the translation is the poorest I've seen on any game, many objects are misidentified, and the "puzzle" I saw hardly qualifies to be called that.

I'll put it this way...if this would have been the first Big Fish game that I ever played, I would have saved myself a bit of money over the years since I would have never gotten interested in **** games!

(The first game I played on here was a Hidden Expedition and the second was a MCF. I'm now an addict! )

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 10, 12 9:42 AM
This is just not my cup of tea, but it is a good example of why I recommend trying a game and making up your own mind. IF you look at the reviews, some say there is no skip on games and some say there is a skip on games. Please use the FREE sample to see if you like it and if it will run on your system

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Jan 10, 12 9:57 AM
ughhhhhhh--too many snakes...horrible

[Post New]by edmontonborn on Jan 10, 12 10:02 AM
Boring game. I lasted until the end of the demo only because I hoped it would get better (it didn't). I found the grammatical errors to be very annoying. Definitely will NOT be buying this game.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jan 10, 12 10:27 AM
I looked at some of the other reviews comments about how low the quality of this game is and agree with what they said, so I won't hash over all that again. But I just want to add that the scenes were too dark and I hated it when they went out of focus, it made my eyes hurt. Usually the games coming in from Eastern Europe are really superior and sophisticated, but this one was a dud!!!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 10, 12 11:06 AM
I am having fun with this game. It is a challenge figuring out what they mean. It does play wide screen on mine, and I have laughed more in the demo scenes than I have in any of the latest games. I am still laughing, so for any of the rest who are up to a bit of a challenge, and an afternoon of laughter, and fun, I hope you will join me. yes, the English is fractured, but I sure noticed a bunch of typos in some of the most negative reviews, and if you think about it, sometimes you can actually see the logic in the naming of items It may not meet y'all's high standards, but I will take my fun where I find it, and I am in the mood for fun today. And this hog works for me, lol.

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Jan 10, 12 11:45 AM
Yeah, this game is sub-par. As mentioned, the English translation is really quite bad. For goodness' sake, game developers, if you translate the game into English, get a native speaker to vet the results. I'll do it myself if you pay me.

Also, the blurring of the background during the talking parts was really hard on my eyes. That sort of thing gives me a headache.

Too bad--I wanted to like this one, but it seems, more and more often, that the only HOGs worth buying are the CEs.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 10, 12 11:57 AM
OMG! I can't remember the last time I played such an awful game. I read the reviews while I'm downloading a game, but always try it out for myself. I have purchased a lot of games others didn't care for. Now, if you are new to HOGs, this would be a nice little game. However, the main reason I stopped was because #1, you cannot adjust the music volume under options; #2, when you click on an item, the "x" is about half an inch away from where you are clicking so you don't get it; and the #3 the music is extremely annoying. No buy for me either.

Go to: