rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Re:Reviews for Royal Envoy 2

[Post New]by rockey69 on Feb 3, 12 12:29 PM
ZuluDawn13 wrote:I thoroughly Agree with ElizabethR1533 review about this game -

Enjoyable game, although there could be improvements, eg: Not as much clicking as many TM games, but still more than there needs to be. For instance: coins/wood/food could be collected automatically instead of having to click on everything. IMO it slows the game down.

I'm afraid the Extra Clicking now introduced in RE2, has made this game a No Buy for me unfortunately. Arthritis is the main problem.

I wish I could play TM games but it kills my hand same problem Arthritis

TooOld2Play
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by TooOld2Play on Feb 11, 12 2:51 PM
I absolutely loved this game and I am someone who lives for Adventure games. I needed a break from HOGs and FROGs and loved this so much I am buying the earlier version as well. Cute and well done, I highly recommend this for a change of pace.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 11, 12 4:33 PM
I tried this game despite my misgivings about the timer. I enjoyed playing the game and I thought the new format was easier and more fun than the first Royal Envoy but for some reason I got gold much farther into the game in the first one than I did in this one. The timer seemed to run much faster in this game than it did in Royal Envoy.

I would have bought this game had I had the option to continue playing after the time ran out. I know it is a time management game but even if I don't finish in time, I would like to have a choice whether I want to replay the level or not. This is a no buy for me, ever, if the timer stays in the game. I rate this game out of five stars. The lightning bolt is a zap for the timer.

[Post New]by PhaedrasPhantasy on May 1, 12 1:31 AM
I would have written this a LOT sooner had I been able to stop playing the game. That is really the best review I can give any game. FANTASTIC! From the graphics to the do-ability of the game. Perfection. If I am not playing RE2 it is because I am playing RE1. It's about time something wonderful was done in the TM game genre, THANK YOU for both of these great games. If I have a complaint at all, it's having to click the rent, but, truly, the rest of it is so great, that does not even bother me much.

[Post New]by FishingCat on Jun 17, 12 7:51 PM
I loved the first Royal Envoy but had avoided this one as people said it was timed and didn't allow you to continue when the timer ran out. After getting more experience with TM games, I gave this a chance and have been playing it like crazy. My favorite games on Big Fish are H0Gs, but I have really grown to enjoy the building TM games (and some straight up TMs).

The graphics are just as cute as the first game and the characters just as amusing. I actually find it easier to get the gold on this sequel than the first game, but maybe I've just had more practice now. There's much more clicking, but at least I don't have to wait for the tax collectors to run out and get the gold or for the builders to bring supplies back to the castle. RE1 is still great and is perfect for when I don't want to worry about a timer. Anyway, I've been having a blast and don't regret for a moment buying it.

Enjoy!

[Post New]by bladette2006 on Jun 29, 12 1:57 AM
Hiya...
I have RE2 and absolutley love it. But was wondering is it worth updated to CE and is it much different.

ROWINN
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ROWINN on Aug 10, 12 6:53 PM
I really loved this game, It was the most fun I've had in a game in a while, I'm kind of sad that it's over, well, I bought it so , can play anytime, I'm looking for a new GAME that's just as Challenging, Anyone out there, got any suggestions, Thanks, Rowin

capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by capipe on Aug 17, 12 6:39 PM
TOO HARD! the timer runs out fast for your average player. go for the "princess" game. this is stressful.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Oct 30, 12 6:07 AM
This is just another frantic clicking game.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Nov 4, 12 7:52 AM
Superb Time Management game. One of the best of the genre. I usually stay away from any games that are timed but this only made it more challenging. Loved it so much I had to buy the first game. Don't be fooled by how easy it is in the beginning levels - it gets progressively more challenging. THis games is really thought provoking and takes a lot of strategy and time. If you're up to it than give it a try - you won't be sorry.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

so glad I bought this

[Post New]by Yaelle on Nov 7, 12 2:00 AM
I am extremely glad I bought Royal Envoy 2. In this day & age of the "beat in 2 days" games.....I just could not be more grateful.
I am recommending this to everyone I know who likes PC/Mac gaming and I just cant say enough praise for the game.
Its just good & solid...really well done.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Nov 7, 12 2:01 AM
ROWINN wrote:I really loved this game, It was the most fun I've had in a game in a while, I'm kind of sad that it's over, well, I bought it so , can play anytime, I'm looking for a new GAME that's just as Challenging, Anyone out there, got any suggestions, Thanks, Rowin

what do you mean when you say GAME? Do you mean.....something else? If not, I dont get it.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Apr 11, 13 1:42 PM
I've been home from work with bronchitis since end of March (thank goodness I had lots of sick time and vacation saved up). I burned through all my old faves again and couldn't find anything new that struck my fancy, so I tried Royal Envoy 1. Loved it. So much strategy involved with a little luck needed and only medium amounts of clicking required.
This game makes you do a LOT of clicking. In the first one, you click the house and the little tax guy comes and gets the rent. If there's no available tax guy, the rent just waits for the next one to be free. If you don't need the rent, you can just ignore that money bag on the house roof and go on without it interrupting your game. In this game, the money falls out onto the ground and you have to click it to pick it up. First, it's in your way. Second, if you're not fast enough, it goes away. Poof! Lost money! Same with the wood you chop, the food you gather (or buy), the lumber you make at the sawmill or forestry and the treasure boxes you open. Big icons fall out on the ground and you have to click it before it disappears or lose it. This can be a very big deal on levels where you have to have all the wood or all the food that's available to you to finish in time.
The other thing that bothers me is that in the first one, you only had to worry about whether a building required money or wood. Now you have to watch food, too. It takes food to build houses (but not to upgrade them) and to hire workers. All this clicking and having to juggle three resources (with two of them being required to build houses) is giving me a headache.
Now to the timer. In this one, it's similar to Ballad of Solar or Outta this Kingdom (not surprising, same developer). The timer is divided into three parts, and you get one gold star for each section that's still full when you finish. You have to earn at least one star to go on and all three for the "gold time".
Lastly, why do we need so many Achievements? I loved the simplicity of the first game, where you got a trophy for each area that you finished with all gold stars and certificates for your points earned. There's a whole scroll list of achievements in this game, some of them for doing some obscure thing that's not on your task list. You'd never even know you're supposed to do it without constantly referring to the achievement list. Too much pressure for me. Many people might like this game, but I'm just not sure it's my cup of tea.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jun 17, 13 8:38 PM
I was one of the people who decided not to buy this game when it first came out, because it seemed too "clicky" compared to the first one. After I did the beta for the third one, i decided to give this one another chance. Either it's not as bad as I remember it, or I've improved a lot just from doing RE #1 so much. I've developed a technique of multiple light clicks to pick up all the wood and apples, and it's much easier than a 'dash' game. The only one that gave me a sore wrist, was the level in which you had to hit targets with snowballs; i thought my wrist was going to fall off from that. On a positive note, I made 3 stars the first time on that level, so I didn't have to do it again. In general, this game (#2) seemed easier than game #1. I seemed to get 3 stars the first time thru on several levels. Of course, there were a couple of impossible levels, but I found excellent hints in the forums, and made it through. I've finished the game, and am thrilled to find there are 58 more levels in "expert" mode....a lot of game for your buck.

biscuit99
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by biscuit99 on Apr 15, 14 5:24 PM
GREAT game. I'm still playing, but I really love the challenges of each level.

Go to: