Re:Reviews for Amerzone: Part 1

[Post New]by snoozanwillow on Jan 26, 12 11:35 PM
I have been a BF customer for over 4 years and I have never been so dissapointed in a game as I am with this one. Firstly it is chapter one only and was over in one hour of play. If you check the walkthrough once you fly away off the the wonders of the Amazone your game ends so all this game is, is getting the egg and flying off GAME OVER!!! BF you should be ashamed of yourselves have you got a new member of staff that is money hungry or what this is a terrible way of treating your loyal members WE DESERVE BETTER!! I am now contemplating on wether or not to continue my membership!

[Post New]by shimar1110 on Jan 28, 12 4:32 PM
I just renewed my membership after months of not having challenging Large File / Adventure gamers available just for Amerzone. I'm a HUGE Benoit Sokal fan & loved Sinking Island, Syberia I & II and was really looking forward to finding out about the elusive & mysterious Alexandre Valembois. Well, to echo everyone before me, the came was TOO SHORT & I'm asking for a refund. Big Fish should have demanded that the publisher make the game longer. DO NOT BUY IT - as you'll finish the "game" (and I mean that with all the sarcasm in the world) and just better to try the free version.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

[Post New]by mlcorsaro on Feb 2, 12 11:39 AM
I have been a BFG member since 2006 and a big fan AND promoter of the site ever since. This is the first time I have ever felt the need to post a complaint. How sad it made me to get an hour into the game only to have it end unexpectedly. I thought there was a software glitch somewhere until I checked the forums. My confidence in BFG had been shaken. However, one thing I know for sure is that BFG is made up of a crew of wonderful people who constantly strive for excellence in service and I have no doubt that they will take steps to make their loyal customers glad they stuck around. Being human, we all make mistakes, so I will be patient and continue to be loyal to people who have always done their best for me, a stranger, and a fan.

Leah Q

Edited on 02/02/2012 at 11:41:12 AM PST

[Post New]by shimar1110 on Feb 4, 12 2:00 PM
UPDATE:

After writing a scathing email to BFG Customer Service regarding Amerzone Part 1, BFG did refund my game credit. Thank you for listening to my complaint & understanding. At least my faith in BFG to honor their customers/members has been restored. Thank you!

Why didn't the publisher give us the entire game? As a fan of Benoit Sokal games (I have almost all of them), I would've gladly paid a Collector's Edition price.

shimar1110 wrote:I just renewed my membership after months of not having challenging Large File / Adventure gamers available just for Amerzone. I'm a HUGE Benoit Sokal fan & loved Sinking Island, Syberia I & II and was really looking forward to finding out about the elusive & mysterious Alexandre Valembois. Well, to echo everyone before me, the came was TOO SHORT & I'm asking for a refund. Big Fish should have demanded that the publisher make the game longer. DO NOT BUY IT - as you'll finish the "game" (and I mean that with all the sarcasm in the world) and just better to try the free version.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Feb 14, 12 11:40 PM
I love adventure games but cannot stand 360 ones. I get so dizzy and its not just the screen movement but its annoying to constantly have to swirl the mouse around. If this was the full version and a point and click option, Id have a new game but since it seems very short and dizzy like, Im going to pass.

Taynicjam
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Taynicjam on Feb 16, 12 9:49 PM
Old_Man_River wrote:Unfortunately, I am one of those people who get ill with 360° movement so I will have to pass

I'm with you this one made me feel seasick.

I loved the initial graphics but my eyes can't adjust to the 360 degree game play. I'm not sure if it is just me, but I found it hard to work out what I was doing and I couldn't find a help button. I also found it very difficult to understand the characters when they spoke. I am glad to see different games appearing.

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 9:57:28 PM PST

crlmtly
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by crlmtly on Feb 21, 12 2:49 PM
TO DIZZY

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Mar 8, 12 1:34 PM
I just discovered part 1 of this game, after seeing part 2 advertised today, which I so far love! Downloading and purchasing both today.

Great challenge, with little to no hand holding, great semi-realistic graphics, great voice overs and cut scenes. Love the mouse control too, with 360 degree viewing.

I love a good adventure story and game.

No tech glitches, and runs smoothly on my PC.

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 1:35:47 PM PST

[Post New]by gr8skaught on Mar 12, 12 5:01 PM
Well, I too feel the game is way too short. I love the fact that it is another game similar to Syberia. But there is so much in each part of that game. It is my hope that Part 2 is longer. The imagery is wonderful and I like the problem solving to develop your way through the game. But too short and like one person remarked - could be a bit too pricey to go all the way through. Now if and when it is finished, it was divided into 2 parts like Syberia 1 and Syberia 2, then it would be well worth the cost. All in all, I appreciate Benoit's artwork and game story.

ladiedidee
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by ladiedidee on Mar 15, 12 3:55 AM
all the zoming makes me sick at my stomach and makes migrains start. i can see why they say some video games have been linked to epileptic seizures

[Post New]by FragmentFour on Apr 16, 12 9:07 PM
This is actually the first segment of a legitimate adventure game - not a HOG in disguise. Clues are things the player unearths, and there is no hint button to give direction. It's a try-and-see affair start to finish, with no allowance for skip buttons. You either keep at it until you figure it out... or you don't figure it out. Simple, cut and dried.

That said, breaking the game up into three sections and trying to market them as chapters is not only a cheap shot, it's shortchange for the game quality. In one continuous piece, the game is good. Divided like a grapefruit half, it's just pointless.

There have been some great marketing ideas in the casual game business. This divide and serve times three is not one of them.

Nic_E_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Nic_E_ on Aug 5, 12 6:33 AM
BFG I would like to know if you sell the whole complete Amerzone game?? & if so can you please supply the link to the full game purchase?

I do not want to buy the game after it has been chopped into smaller parts/chapters. I like the Syberia series & do not like that those games are also being disected into smaller parts/chapters... I feel it robs us large file gamers of our gaming experience...

I have been a member of BFG since 2008 (although this is my first forum post) & I mostly purchase LFG - I like the genre I like the Adventure... I buy large file games - because it is a large file game!

Dissecting the games is no fun at all & I feel is deceptive... you are charging 3x the price for the game that we have to purchase in chapter installments instead of as a whole game at the normal price!

I would like to purchase the full complete game & I am sure many other BFG members would as well without being ripped off or feeling cheated.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 5, 12 7:00 AM
BFG hasn't got Amerzone in one piece.
Anuman Interactive has the contract for supply with BFG.

Edited on 08/05/2012 at 7:42:21 AM PST

[Post New]by Kevraymond on Oct 9, 12 9:41 PM
I think that this game is a rip off. It only lasted about an hour and for $7.94 that's not value for money. To say i am disappointed is putting it verrrryy mildly.

Go to: