sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jan 19, 12 5:18 AM
This game was excellent! It had a few little new twists that kept you hopping. The graphics were very good and so was the music and the voice overs. The people were portrayed by "real people". The HOS were a little challenging and the mini games were fairly easy from what I can remember. The gameplay was simple enough to follow along with . I didn't have to use the Strategy guide at all. (I played in the easiest mode) Like others, I'm wondering about the length of the game. I will have to wait for the SE version to come out anyway. (Can't afford the CE's) But I would definitely rate this a 10 out of 10!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 19, 12 5:51 AM
cbtx wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:I loved opening that door and I enjoyed the rest of the demo too but not enough to pay CE price for a 4 chapter game when 2 chapters took me 50 minutes.

I wonder if maybe the second chapter isn't really over where the demo stops????

Well it did finish exactly where the Strategy Guide said the end of Chapter 2 was (I went back into the game and made a new profile just so I could check).

I have now come to my senses (well some of them ) and to me one hour of bonus play vs buying a different game for the same price and having at least 3 hours of play makes CEs no contest as, like Ann, I have no use for music, screensavers, wallpaper or concept art.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Jan 19, 12 6:40 AM
I played for 4 hours and have finished all but the bonus game. I am not particularly slow and first time around I like to use an awful lot of hints as I like to get the feel of where to go next. I play in easy mode first time. ( I come back about a month later and play in hard mode when I have all but forgotten what to do!)
I don't think this was particularly short ( not as long as some others I agree ) but I enjoyed it so much that I think it was value for money, for the beautiful graphics alone. Any way, I personally get bored if a game drags on forever.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 19, 12 6:47 AM
bradalex wrote:I played for 4 hours and have finished all but the bonus game. I am not particularly slow and first time around I like to use an awful lot of hints as I like to get the feel of where to go next. I play in easy mode first time. ( I come back about a month later and play in hard mode when I have all but forgotten what to do!)
I don't think this was particularly short ( not as long as some others I agree ) but I enjoyed it so much that I think it was value for money, for the beautiful graphics alone. Any way, I personally get bored if a game drags on forever.

That's exactly how I feel about a game. I don't want it to continue for 6 or 7 hours - there can't be that much diversity for it not to become repetitive.

I'd rather go for quality than quantity.

Now, if you can just let us know what you thought of the bonus game, I will be waiting in anticipation.

kaytiekat
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kaytiekat on Jan 19, 12 8:35 AM
Wow another scary IHOG with witches, woods, scary house, abandoned car, etc........yawn , come on BF we need something new. This whole creepy . scary. ocultish story line has been beaten to death.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Jan 19, 12 8:53 AM
I will get this game with a punch card credit when it comes out as an SE, but it's no way a CE worthy game for me. Easy puzzles, hazy graphics, nothing exciting. The last CE /Sea Legends/ got lots of negative reviews, but I enjoyed that game's demo a lot more.

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Jan 19, 12 9:27 AM
i was reading and enjoying your comments about the game. I purchased it and am downloading it now.

As I was reading comments I noticed alot of you are up and awake at 2 and 3 in the morning, hmmm I struggle to sleep around that time, never thought of checking to see if a new game is out by then. I'm either a night owl or an early bird, just depends.

chrishenri
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by chrishenri on Jan 19, 12 9:32 AM
I really liked the game but kept getting a little "turned around" wish there was a map!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 19, 12 10:35 AM
I do find the graphics a bit hazy, but I think my lack of enthusiasm
goes back to the problems with Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale.
I bought the CE of that one and really liked it, but I was one
of the many who had the problems with "disappearing" inventory.
No problem getting a refund, but I really wanted to play that
game. Had same problem when demoing SE, so couldn't
buy that.

Had no problems with demo of this one, and will demo and
probably buy SE version if no problems. But I'm still
disappointed with no fix for Sunnyvale.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Jan 19, 12 11:12 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:For the Mod's

Sorry about posting in game review an opinion. I just want other's to know that all reviews are important. And that nobody's is better or more important than another's. I read and count on all reviews.

To all the great fishies, this game has some of the best animations I have ever seen. I beta tested it and couldn't wait for everyone to see the animations. One of my favirotes is: Spoiler kinda, you have to feed cough medicine to the door knob, for him to open. It's so adorable and great! I hope everyone enjoy this games as much as I am so far. I haven't finished it and I am tired of the same storyline. But the effects and animations are worth it to me.

Enjoy everyone!

LovetoMissLisa

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Jan 19, 12 11:16 AM
Uh oh. got detached. But I just want to say LovetomissLisa, I always like to read your reviews and comments, and your play on words, H0Gs=Swine. Just too funny.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Jan 19, 12 11:18 AM
Uh oh. got detached. But I just want to say LovetomissLisa, I always like to read your reviews and comments, and your play on words, H0Gs=Swine. Just too funny.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 19, 12 11:25 AM
I too found the graphics hazy and grainy.

Anyone else?

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Jan 19, 12 11:25 AM
Oh and I really got into this game, especially lol about the door knob, can not wait to play the rest if it and see what happens next. Its a sure buy for me. and with real actors.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jan 19, 12 11:47 AM
biomix wrote:I too found the graphics hazy and grainy.

Anyone else?

Yes, first thing I thought too, along with comments made by everyone in this comments thread so far, LovetoMissLisa, et al, lol... i.e., yep, the overall theme ie. evil witch, ghosties, run down house, etc. rather "beat to death"... yet the unique additions make it appealing and the music was good so far as the demo and the doorknob and gremlin in the box as well as the living girl incorporated into the game were coooool. The little twists really drew me into this one, too.

Decisions, decisions, to buy or not to buy... lol.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 19, 12 12:04 PM
elldee2728 wrote: (P.S. Only one Witch, right? "Witch's Legacy"...)

Yeah, it's a nit--but I couldn't control myself

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 19, 12 1:11 PM
XtreemNorth wrote: i was reading and enjoying your comments about the game. I purchased it and am downloading it now.

As I was reading comments I noticed alot of you are up and awake at 2 and 3 in the morning, hmmm I struggle to sleep around that time, never thought of checking to see if a new game is out by then. I'm either a night owl or an early bird, just depends.

the tgt posts at 12am seattle time,, which is 3 am my time,,,,,

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 19, 12 1:14 PM
kaytiekat wrote:Wow another scary IHOG with witches, woods, scary house, abandoned car, etc........yawn , come on BF we need something new. This whole creepy . scary. ocultish story line has been beaten to death.

Thank you, kaytiekat, for the heads up about the "occultish story line....". I know, now, that this is one I wouldn't be comfortable with.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jan 19, 12 1:14 PM
I must confess, I did hesitate about buying before having any real idea of game length, but after finishing the demo, I just had to buy it. I couldn't resist the cute characters, and the live actors, lol. In fact, I am really really impressed at how seamless the blending of a live person (girl and/or witch) with the scenery is. The devs' have done a superb job there.

In contrast to recent games with similar story lines, I am finding this one to be just a little more light-hearted - perhaps because it isn't set in an abandoned hospital/asylum, lol. I keep thinking Disney, lol.

IMHO the story will more than make up for any perceived/real shortness of game - I will just play it more slowly, lol

Well, I have had a good night's , so I think I will go and play some more

Jen

[Post New]by baglady159 on Jan 19, 12 2:55 PM
XtreemNorth wrote: i was reading and enjoying your comments about the game. I purchased it and am downloading it now.

If you are downloading from somewhere in the US then Big Fish games are released around midnight Pacific Time. A lot of the fishies you see here in what looks like the middle of the night are actually from somewhere else in the world where they're in completely different time zones than we here in the states. If I waited up for the game to be released, it wouldn't be till 3am since i'm in the Eastern Time zone. Does that help explain?

Go to: