lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Reviews for House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 22, 12 8:03 AM
wow what a game, I just finished the game and now i wish I had bought the CE..
I can't wait until part 2 come out, I will buy the game not waiting on the SE..
Congrats DEV's and BF..I will be waiting for any of your games DEV's..

lvmurfee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lvmurfee on Jan 22, 12 8:40 AM
This was a great game. Loved it! I completed the game within a day but did have to skip some of the puzzles. The rest of game was not too difficult and was well thought out. I am looking forward to a sequel which I will buy immediately. Enjoy!

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Jan 23, 12 9:26 AM
Loved it,but don't know how, I missed some "morphing" objects and I was so careful !!Need the walkthrough now !!!

ford05
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ford05 on Jan 23, 12 11:07 PM
Love love the came It was nice to play , the graphics are clear nice and bright no dark hidden object games ,It was good for my 53 year old eyes :thumbs up:

A very happy Grandma

ford05
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ford05 on Jan 23, 12 11:09 PM
P.S This is the first time i have finished a game with no Walkthrough

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jan 24, 12 1:50 PM
Teriffic game! I am a slow player savoring every minute, and I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I did forget many of the morphing objects simply because I focus on the game and realized it when I accidently clicked on one and remembered to get them. Oh well, I will surely play this one again in a few months and be sure to get them at that time. I love games by this dev group. I have played Settlement Colossus 30 times by this dev. If you haven't played that one give it a try. It is unlike any other game and there are many ways you can change sequence to the end so you enjoy it each time. Thanks developers and BF!!

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Jan 26, 12 7:48 AM
Wonderful!
Graphics - beautiful and clear.
Storyline - Very interesting and of a good length.
HOS - Objects were clearly defined with some interesting interaction.
Minigames - Clever without being too difficult.
Cursor - Custom cursor works well and adds to the atmosphere.
Screen - The game filled my widescreen which, for me, was a real bonus.

Many thanks BF.

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Jan 26, 12 4:20 PM
I don't often comment because other reviewers are usually pretty thorough, but did want to chime in and say that this is really a good one. Just finished the SE. It has good length but not so long as to become boring, the puzzles were just demanding enough, and there is a nice balance between minis and HOS. I especially loved that objects you find very early on aren't used until much, much later, and it's a real "aha" moment when you figure out where that thing you've been carrying around all this time finally goes or is used. Highly recommended!

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Jan 27, 12 10:56 AM
I am in the middle of playing the SE version and really enjoying this game. Sure do need a good memory with all of the places you can walk to. With the skip option this is a very playable game. Nothing worse than a game that won't let you advance so you can try the entire game.

[Post New]by poodlepink on Jan 27, 12 5:20 PM
I just finished the game and I loved it! The map feature is great. Can't wait for the next one!

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jan 31, 12 3:29 PM
I got through the first half of the game before I remembered about the **** map. I have to say though that once I found the map and used it A LOT the game got a bit boring. I wish I had continued the game without the map. I didn't find all of the morphing objects so I will play again. I don't think this game is as difficult as some I've played but would definitely recommend it as a first time game for anyone who is new to this genre.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Feb 1, 12 6:27 AM
Wow! Just wow! What a game!
It's one of the best I've played and very long too. I don't think I'll be playing this game again like I do most games. I love games with morphing objects. The challenge is to find them and I found all 35!
The graphics are fantastic. The music fits the theme and there isn't really all that much going back and forth. Not like some games that literally make me dizzy!
Great game **** and thank you BFG!
This a 5 out of 5 for me.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Feb 2, 12 1:41 PM
Great job. Very entertaining game. Definitely on the best of BFG's list. I loved the graphics, storyline changes of scenes were beautiful. I would recommend this game to everyone. Thank you for starting my New Year off with a "bang".

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Feb 6, 12 1:08 PM
I just finished the SE today and enjoyed it. I appreciated the interactive map. I have a bad 55 year old memory and need a gentle nudge in the right direction. The music, meh, I turned it off. I skipped some of the mini games but all in all, it took me all weekend to finish. I am glad I didn't buy the CE because I was getting bored by the end of the game.

[Post New]by josiekatz on Feb 8, 12 5:23 PM
[b]Awesome game![/b] I've played many of the hidden object games and some are great, some are good and some are a disappointment. This is definately a great. My favorites have always been the Mystery Case File games and this I feel ranks right up with them. It's worth the money for content and for duration. Great story line, graphics and sound. I did the 1 hour demo and bought the game before my time ran out and I'm glad I did. I'll definately be watching with anticipation for more games from this series, as I'm sure there will be.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Feb 12, 12 5:41 PM
Fun game. Really liked this one. great puzzles and lots of hidden objects scenes.

pzzllvr
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pzzllvr on Feb 17, 12 1:24 PM
I don't usually comment on games because, as another person said, everyone has said all there is to say. However, I did not see where anyone commented on the HOS becoming plentiful when the games are coming to a close. This game became frustrating toward the last part because every time I found one object, I was thrown into a HOS. I like them, but not every other move of the cursor. This game is good and challenging and am glad I bought it.

[Post New]by holby49 on Feb 21, 12 7:16 PM
Just finished playing the SE edition and found it to be an excellent game.The music,visuals and voice overs were excellent and even in expert mode it was not to difficult and the mini games and h o s's were easily figured out .Also it is a fairly long game,but as i play it over short periods , it was not hard to get back into the story line after a break.
All together a great game and well recommended

[Post New]by Bilko_Bilko on Mar 13, 12 12:17 AM
Well apart from our own character, I liked everything else in the game. You have so many things to do and the game just keep on going. Its very very long!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Mar 23, 12 2:55 PM
Apart from the awful poser graphic character representing the player, and the horrible voice-over for the children, this was a pretty good game. So glad I waited for the SE, though, and didn't spring for the CE. It all became tedious and boring to me after awhile. But playing it over several day's, I was able to appreciate the hard work and intent of the developers.

Out of five stars with five being excellent...

this game for me was:

Go to: