someone please address the frozen curor issue

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

Re:Post any House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 28, 12 1:53 PM
Hi scooter0327 and Miniatures1

scooter0327 - I would try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game once more to make sure all the files have installed correctly (this won't loose your spot in the game). Here is a link to a help article that can help with that if needed:

uninstalling and reinstalling

Miniatures1 - Are you able to use the cursor at all in the beginning? If so I'd try turning off the custom cursor as that could be causing it to freeze - start the game, go to Options, then uncheck the box next to custom cursor.

However if either of you are still having trouble with the game after trying this I would get in contact with our Customer Support team (if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do this) and one of our reps can certainly help out. Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by amandatorres on Feb 29, 12 7:52 PM
Please help! After giving the squirrel the nut, I can't get the crystals. I don't know if it's a technical glitch or what, but it doesn't give me an option to click on it or grab it. Help! I love this game, and really don't want to have to abandon it so late in the game.

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Mar 3, 12 7:40 AM
After playing about 3/4 of the game my computer shut down, when I rebooted back up (this has happened before with no problems) I went to continue my game and it said that this profile has been corrupted and has to be deleted. This means I have to start all over, well this is not good, I do not want to sit here for serveral more hours playing the same game again just to reach the point I was at. This is the second game in a row that I have not been able to finish. I have been playing BF games for several years and have not had any problems until now. (well 2 minor ones). Not sure why.

Happy Gaming everyone

[Post New]by kayceeann on Mar 27, 12 2:55 AM
I downloaded the game. Waited all that time only to see " your trial has expired". I never even played the game. I have been reading some of the problems on here, and I don't think I'll download any more games. I really wanted to buy this game, but since everyone seems to be having trouble, I don't think I will bother...sorry.

[Post New]by Rasashanna on Apr 5, 12 6:12 PM
Larissar wrote:i can't take the crystals from the tree, after i make the squirrel leave. i took the portrait and i can see the crystals, but i can't pick them up. why?

Trying to find the answer to this question myself, don't really wanna start the game over. Please address this issue.

[Post New]by Rasashanna on Apr 10, 12 11:28 AM
Rasashanna wrote:
Larissar wrote:i can't take the crystals from the tree, after i make the squirrel leave. i took the portrait and i can see the crystals, but i can't pick them up. why?

Trying to find the answer to this question myself, don't really wanna start the game over. Please address this issue.

Thanks for all the non- consumer support, I'm going to uninstall the game and not bother buying anymore.

[Post New]by dulchess on May 5, 12 7:28 PM
Rasashanna wrote:
Rasashanna wrote:

Thanks for all the non- consumer support, I'm going to uninstall the game and not bother buying anymore.

Please address this issue. We can't go further in the game. Thanks

[Post New]by dulchess on May 5, 12 7:29 PM
Rasashanna wrote:
Rasashanna wrote:

[Post New]by dulchess on May 5, 12 7:31 PM
Rasashanna wrote:
Rasashanna wrote:

[Post New]by tzangtzi on May 5, 12 8:23 PM
yet another newish game where the widescreen option doesn't work. I can understand it on the older games but surely the new ones should cater for new computers

[Post New]by bryannaking65 on Jun 10, 12 8:16 PM
I cannot find the bronze skull anywhere!! I've looked and looked!! Any help ? I've tried looking at walkthroughs but still nothing . I can't move on in the game without it.

jlm32
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by jlm32 on Jul 5, 12 5:33 PM
I have played the game through placing the film reel on the projector, now I can't do anything. I have the three blue crystals, cannot pick up the hexagon puzzle piece, and hint is frozen. I really don't want to start all over again. Please help. Have tried to exit out and start the game up again, which sometimes works, but not this time.

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Jan 23, 13 8:54 AM
grandmab3248 wrote:I've been playing this game for several hours. I put the skull back on the skeleton in the winter wonderland scene, and now my hint button has frozen. Did anyone else have this problem?

Same problem here, and I'm not good at figuring where to go next

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Jan 23, 13 9:13 AM
cheekyoops wrote:
grandmab3248 wrote:I've been playing this game for several hours. I put the skull back on the skeleton in the winter wonderland scene, and now my hint button has frozen. Did anyone else have this problem?

Same problem here, and I'm not good at figuring where to go next

Grandma B, go to the dining room, talk to the lady on the left, then you'll get a HOS and the hint button works there and after there, too.

asccsa
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by asccsa on May 6, 13 11:50 AM

asccsa
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by asccsa on May 6, 13 11:54 AM
I had the same problem. I desintalled and reinstalled the game and it's not working. I still don't know what to do else
Pleas BF help us.

asccsa
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by asccsa on May 6, 13 12:01 PM
klm2395 wrote:Im having the same problem with the hint button after putting the skull back in the casket. A little help please?
Go to dining room and talk to the lady.

[Post New]by cherab on Jul 1, 13 9:38 PM
I had the same problem. I looked at the walkthrough and it said the next step was a hidden object puzzle on the dining room table. So I went to the dining room and clicked on the woman. She told me I was very smart (!) and now my cursor seems to be ok.

Abbegirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Abbegirl on Jul 28, 13 8:29 AM
My hint button is not working

Go to: